Should Ayane's 9K whiff again?

R4712-VR88

Click on the video and skip the length to 3:13. The game time will be at 20 seconds remaining. At twelve seconds left you'll notice how Ayane's flip kick will actually go over Kasumi. Sure Kasumi is in the middle of getting up from landing, but Ayane can also do this to a standing opponent if she's too close. Do you think that she should be able to whiff this move again or do you think it was right of Team NINJA to make it track?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Meh, either or.

It's not a particularly useful move to begin with, it's hella slow. The question is, do you want it to be unsafe, or do you want it to be SUPER unsafe to the point it gives a full backturned combo that can't be countered out of?

I wouldn't make it both considering the move doesn't even lead into anything.

If I was to balance it out, I would actually make it NOT track, but give around +3 or +4 on block considering its slow, range sensitive, and steppable. This would also give ayane something of a nasty okizeme game considering it can go over low/mid wakeup kicks.

R4712-VR88

It's not a particularly useful move to begin with, it's hella slow. The question is, do you want it to be unsafe, or do you want it to be SUPER unsafe to the point it gives a full backturned combo that can't be countered out of?

I don't know how I'd want it. I was watching my DOA videos and saw it and just sat there and wondered why her attack did that and why it was changed. Also wanted to hear what you Vets had to say about it. ^^

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Tracking in general has been tightened up throughout the series lifespan. The system took a massive leap from DOA 1 to DOA 2, and they honestly probably didn't even think about the effects it had on that one particular move.

With the exception of 3.1, I don't think the majority of team ninja's staff had much of a design philosophy on what moves should and shouldn't be able to do.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD