RISE UP! Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Well that eliminates a quite few characters

combine that with the fact they went through the trouble of basically saying its not a SF2 character either that eliminates a ton of characters actually.

so basically we're looking at Alpha or SF1 remakes....i think. trying to keep track of all of these past SF games is giving me a headache.

WisperG

combine that with the fact they went through the trouble of basically saying its not a SF2 character either that eliminates a ton of characters actually.

But they didn't say that. They just said "not necessarily," which doesn't actually disclude anything, but rather just opens the door to other characters beyond SF2 that we may not have considered based on what we know from the leaks. The final classic character could still be from SF2 as predicted.

Darkslay

No SF2 and no SF3.......

Does this mean that this gentleman is finally coming back?
latest

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
But they didn't say that. They just said "not necessarily," which doesn't actually disclude anything, but rather just opens the door to other characters beyond SF2 that we may not have considered based on what we know from the leaks. The final classic character could still be from SF2 as predicted.

there wouldn't be any purpose for them saying that besides to get peoples hopes up

WisperG

there wouldn't be any purpose for them saying that besides to get peoples hopes up
To not tip their hand? I think it was a perfectly reasonable response to a very specific question they didn't want to answer.

They clearly like making big deals out of these announcements and want to keep them secret, so it would make sense that they might give a vague answer when asked point-blank if the last character would be from SF2 to keep any additional info under wraps until the reveal, and I think they would've done the same regardless of which game was asked about. So while they didn't seem to mind outright dis-confirming SF3, they want to be careful about what they do confirm. If they had said yes, they would've all but confirmed... well, probably Dhalsim, who was mentioned in some of the leaks, or even if not, still narrowed the potential candidates down considerably. Can't spoil the fun like that.

Last edited:

Banana56

I think it's between Guile and Sakura. Both are characters you'd expect in a SF game and seeing how the game only has 2 characters left in the initial roster, I am sure they'll show the last character who is a highly anticipated one who won't get an underwhelming reaction (like what would likely happen if it ended up being E.Honda, Dhalsim, Balrog, ect)

I'd lean closer to Sakura but Guile's chances are good too.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
if they're going to add another shoto then it will more than likely be Akuma. that would at least take the sting off of getting another clone character.

honestly who the hell even wants Sakura or Guile?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Based on that statue that was revealed recently it might be Sakura (or at least Sakura has a damn good chance of getting in as DLC).

Banana56

if they're going to add another shoto then it will more than likely be Akuma. that would at least take the sting off of getting another clone character.

honestly who the hell even wants Sakura or Guile?

I can't speak for Guile but Sakura is high on the worldwide popularity poll among both English, Japanese, and worldwide rankings.

And with the classic/character you'd expect in a SF game thing going on it pretty much narrows it down to

-Sakura
-Guile
-Dhalsim*
-Blanka*
-E.Honda*
-Balrog*
-Sagat*
-Akuma
-Dan*

The ones with a star next to it would likely get very underwhelming reactions and I don't think they'd add Akuma to the core roster (unless that 3 secret characters thing is true in which I feel his chances would be very high then).

So that comes down to Sakura and Guile.

Based on that statue that was revealed recently it might be Sakura (or at least Sakura has a damn good chance of getting in as DLC).

Yeah the fact that they sold that at comic con does make me think it could be her. Plus her statue looks a little more mature then she usually looks.

SF3 characters will show up in SF5 sometime in the future after release. (http://shoryuken.com/2015/10/14/cap...t-fighter-iii-characters-in-street-fighter-v/)

I feel like Alex, Urien, and Sean will get in (and at least 1 of the SF3 girls since they are pretty well liked). Perhaps Q too.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
a young skirt wearing schoolgirl who uses one of the most accessible styles in the game, yeah im pretty sure a lot of people like her at the same time i dont think she would take priority of most dream list

Banana56

a young skirt wearing schoolgirl who uses one of the most accessible styles in the game, yeah im pretty sure a lot of people like her at the same time i dont think she would take priority of most dream list

Well in comparison to the characters I listed, her chances on being on dream list are higher then theirs tbh.

Last edited:

d3v

Ingrid appeared in Capcom Fighting Evolution first though, and she wasn't even in SF Alpha 3 vanilla, she was in SF Alpha 3 MAX.

If they are going for another Alpha character, it would have to be this guy.
latest
The problem with this is all the slots for Alpha characters who weren't in SFIV have been used up.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD