Reviews and previews of DOA 5

legibifou

I think it's like DOA:D but you could use all the characters or at least most of them instead of just the ninjas like in DOA:D. More like MK9 story.

I don't speak about story mode, lol, but thank you for trying to help me! I often play solo mode and arcade mode in DOA:D was boring because you always fight against the same fighter in the same order... No surprise... No interest. That's why I hope I can make arcade mode in a specifical difficulty and have a lot of varieties.

I don't speak about story mode, lol, but thank you for trying to help me! I often play solo mode and arcade mode in DOA:D was boring because you always fight against the same fighter in the same order... No surprise... No interest. That's why I hope I can make arcade mode in a specifical difficulty and have a lot of varieties.
Sorry, my bad. For some reason I just skip the word "Arcade". Nevermind *embarassed*

Omegan Eckhart

Not sure why it took him 3-4 hours. I did it in about two, watching all of the cut scenes and getting almost all of the titles.
So can you get all of the titles from playing Story Mode? I'm just wondering how hard it will be to unlock 152.

Mesharey

I have a little question
smile.png

Arcade mode is like in DOA:D (when you choose a course, you always have to fight against the same fighters in the same order) or like in previous DOA (each game is different with random opponents)?
Thanks!
I'd like to know that as well.

Raansu

Not sure why it took him 3-4 hours. I did it in about two, watching all of the cut scenes and getting almost all of the titles.

Well you know how to play the game. That dude was probably button mashing his way through.

AegisOrnus

XBLM usually updates on Wednesdays, so might be on there today.
It can be an either-or situation since the majority of their updates are added on Tues and Weds is usually just for Arcade releases. Sometimes it's irrelevant and we get games and add-ons on Fridays too. I'd say it could be up at any time, lol.

this is keylay's updated impression of the game
here is his post

I was getting owned on Champ. True Fighter and Master are locked. I'm guessing they'll unlock after I beat Champ.

I like the game but I wanted more out of sit down stuns. I'm still in the lab testing it out. After :4::F::+::K: Kasumi can get a guaranteed :4::P:. I still have to mess around with the other sit down stuns. I really like the graphics and whatnot. But I'm still playing it like DOA4. If I go for Critical Burst, the AI counters me relentlessly on Champ difficulty. Maybe I need to find some new strings. I feel like the same thing will happen against human opponents.

I'm starting to enjoy the game more as I find out stuff with Kasumi :)

All the modes (Time Attack, Survival) have the same difficulty levels
There are 71 one round battles plus cutscenes. And you can win a title by doing a bonus mission. They have mission like land three low counters, offensive holds, advanced mid, and do a 10 hit combo with a critical burst. Some I had to let the computer kill me because they were going to die before I could finish the challenge. I started playing at 12 am and ended at 3:30 am and I took a break in training mode somewhere in between just messing around.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Don't go for critical burst unless your character is set up for it, or you know you can pull it off.

Kasumi isn't one of those characters.

Just because its a universal function doesn't mean its universally easy to do.

Keylay

Don't go for critical burst unless your character is set up for it, or you know you can pull it off.

Kasumi isn't one of those characters.

Just because its a universal function doesn't mean its universally easy to do.

Yes, I'm learning that Kasumi has a lot cooler tricks than I thought. I love :F::+:K: :). I just need to get used to this closed/open stance thing because her combos change depending on what stance she's in.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD