Rachel General Discussion

DR2K

It should work anywhere, not just by a wall.
Try the set-up and 4G thing like we're talking about and see if that causes it for you.

I got it in a few online matches, haven't had time to test it out, will do when I get home.

WINBACK

You can't tech it, actually, and the frame advantage is still there, so it's more funny than a real issue. They're still forced up and you're still at like +10.

EDIT: You can't tech it if the other guy is super heavy weight, that is. It might be possible on other weights, but it probably requires a lot harder timing.
You're right, after the stomp connects and the follow-up kick whiffs, the opponent on the ground still has to stand up right away and Rachel has advantage. But the opponent can still do a Wake-Up Kick, so it's not a 100% advantageous situation. Also, I don't think it has anything to do with weight class. I'll try it out, and if I'm wrong about that, I'll post up.

Now here's a weird thing. Record Rachel doing 9K, the stomp, and have her immediately do a 6P after that. Then playback.

Let the dummy 9K you, then start mashing 4G like usual. Rachel's stomp will connect (if you timed it right), the follow-up kick will whiff (if you mashed 4G). After that, try to do quickly do a Middle Wake-Up Kick against Rachel.
Sometimes, your character (whose doing the Wake-Up Kick start-up) will go THROUGH Rachel, and then she'll hit you from BEHIND with the 6P you recorded (which will actually end up being her Back-Turned 4P because you're considered behind her).
I know it sounds weird, but try it out. Her going through you doesn't happen all the time, but I think the odds of it happening are greater if Rachel's 9K hits you from tip-range as opposed to being very close to her when the 9K hits.

Try it out.
Lastly, you can avoid this weird "going through Rachel" situation if you get up with 8G, 2G, or 6G before you input the Wake-Up Kick, because it will realign both characters. Doing it with 6G even makes the camera spin-around.

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I have Turbo on and holding 4F and it still tech.

EDIT: Still DOESN'T tech, that is.

The cross under wakeup kick is pretty funny, though.

EDIT: Does anyone know why exactly the last kick doesn't connect?

In any case, guess this stomp situation isn't guaranteed either. Not that it was useful to begin with. :v

Last edited:

WINBACK

EDIT: Does anyone know why exactly the last kick doesn't connect?
Exactly, the last kick isn't guaranteed even though the stomp is. And getting out of that last kick gives the opponent on the ground an option to do a Wake-Up Kick so the person playing Rachel has that on their mind as opposed to just having free pressure.

This is what I was just trying to test and illustrate. I appreciate you working with me on that.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Right, I misunderstood what you meant by whiffing the second kick at first 'cause the part where she grinds her foot doesn't happen if the stomp connects when the other person is out of position.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
Lmao! I fought the same person (I'm fairly confident of this if you're on Psn.) Was his name Rikishi4lyfe? If so, wasn't it just a delight to deal with?

Ah man I don't remember. I wasn't able to find matches in Single ranked anymore so I just started playing tag without any team experience. I decided Leon would be cool, but ehh against Rachels and Alpha I felt it was just Tina against the world, so I decided to add Rachel to my team and I started learning her. I now feel much more legitimate against other Rachels/Alphas and learning her has forced me figure out her strengths and weaknesses. I no longer fear her.

She is beastly though. I pretty much feel like I can wreck anyone pretty nicely with Rachel.She really gives you that feeling of "better not fuck with me or I'll fuck you up" and people always gotta respect you with her lmao. that ppp -1 reset and pp catch throw is cray cray.

Brute

Standard Donor
Ah man I don't remember. I wasn't able to find matches in Single ranked anymore so I just started playing tag without any team experience. I decided Leon would be cool, but ehh against Rachels and Alpha I felt it was just Tina against the world, so I decided to add Rachel to my team and I started learning her. I now feel much more legitimate against other Rachels/Alphas and learning her has forced me figure out her strengths and weaknesses. I no longer fear her.
You swapped out Leon for Rachel? -_-

people always gotta respect you with her lmao.
I wasn't aware of this phenomena.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor

Sadly I know. I was actually quite proud and having fun with Leon, but I have to say after giving Rachel go, getting addicted to her easily accessible power felt like I'd always be in control.

I wasn't aware of this phenomena.
Lol maybe I'm just speaking for myself. Rachel is scary to fight.

Brute

Standard Donor
Sadly I know. I was actually quite proud and having fun with Leon, but I have to say after giving Rachel go, getting addicted to her easily accessible power felt like I'd always be in control
It's not as "easily accessible" as Rachel's, but I've never played a character with more raw power than Leon in DOA. Even Bass feels weak in comparison. One good opening and Leon can steal an entire round. Such a beast.

Rachel can too, but she is playing more of the poke-stun thing with her juggles, force-techs and reset OH spams. Her offense is very hard to break out of, but she doesn't pummel you as quickly and brutally as Leon does.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
It's not as "easily accessible" as Rachel's, but I've never played a character with more raw power than Leon in DOA. Even Bass feels weak in comparison. One good opening and Leon can steal an entire round. Such a beast.

Rachel can too, but she is playing more of the poke-stun thing with her juggles, force-techs and reset OH spams. Her offense is very hard to break out of, but she doesn't pummel you as quickly and brutally as Leon does.

I disagree. Everyone can be certainly dmging in their own way, but only Rachel has the raw in your face power which she is going to be constantly getting into via with things like you said, her OHs, which will happen a lot. She'll be constantly keeping you on edge coming in with either running punch or kick, and blocking either lets her in, the kick giving off +5. That scares me. Leon does not scare me. And having what scares me in my own hands gives me confidence. It's like I've evened the odds against other Rachels/Alphas/whoever really.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Lol I love how Rubedood is trying so hard to get Ayane mentioned as a bad matchup but everyone is ignoring him. :(
It makes sense that she would be, as long as she doesn't get too greedy for big damage and can read her OH in time.

Consider me not ignoring him.

so let's get back on topic
2275539.jpg

and yes i did make this>w>

Drake Aldan

New to Rachel, I wanted to clarify something.

So, when you land a combo ender (i.e. 6PKP), and you go for the 2K down attack. If she does the stomp and it whiffs or hits you still have advantage, but if she just does regular 2K and it whiffs you're at disadvantage?

A lot of times I go for the 2K and instead of the stomp she just whiffs at the ground while the opponent gets up. Is it a 2K/not 2K mixup? (that is the question... no really)

synce

New to Rachel, I wanted to clarify something.

So, when you land a combo ender (i.e. 6PKP), and you go for the 2K down attack. If she does the stomp and it whiffs or hits you still have advantage, but if she just does regular 2K and it whiffs you're at disadvantage?

A lot of times I go for the 2K and instead of the stomp she just whiffs at the ground while the opponent gets up. Is it a 2K/not 2K mixup? (that is the question... no really)

I don't think you get advantage if stomp whiffs, IIRC it's a reset. But if you train your opponent to tech and don't do stomp, you're at advantage. Rachel will never know what getting hit with a wake up kick feels like

....Okay, maybe not for long ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD