Rachel General Discussion

Brute

Standard Donor
Seriously? How is she anything even close to overpowered? :confused:
851ac22e_d61912a9_cant-tell-if-serious.jpeg

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
She plays like a 2D grappler. I don't think she's that bad (as in broken), but she is stronger than most, if not all, of the cast. Easier, too.

Brute

Standard Donor
Hayabusa still gives me more trouble than Rachel has even ever come close to.
His best tool (4PK) is gone. In it's place is a plethora of flashy, bullshitty moves and super Izuna-buffs.

Stand and fuzzy-guard (to avoid a throw), and block. His string mix-ups won't surprise you with anything scary anymore, unless you're somehow intimidated by ongyoin. Throw punish. At range, walk backward/up and down to avoid teleport BS. His range stuff is notorious for not tracking.

And unless you're a mega-sloth character, he's not too fast, so you can typically out-poke him (say, at match-start). Just don't be predictable (*cough izuna holds *cough*)

Sarah is... iaghisagodagfg

WINBACK

ALL HAYABUSA SHIT ASIDE...

About all of these guaranteed Stomp + Force Tech set-ups Rachel has, can someone give me an example of one that 100% combos and force techs? Because I've only seen a few set-ups, but the force-tech can be avoided by just mashing 4H (Back + Guard).
Help plz. Thx

WINBACK

She doesn't get guaranteed stomp from anything outside of raw 6KP.
Would you mind going to training and have the dummy Rachel do the 6KP into the stomp, and see if you avoid the force tech by just mashing 4G? The earlier you mash it, the better.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Oh, you're right, that's techable too. I must be thinking of some other setup.

EDIT: Yeah, I was thinking 9K into stomp.

Last edited:

WINBACK

EDIT: Yeah, I was thinking 9K into stomp.
You mean do a raw 9K into the stomp?
That doesn't guarantee the force-tech. Mash G before she does the stomp, and once she stomps you, the kick for the force-tech whiffs.
Could you test this on your end to double-confirm?

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Works fine. Stomp earlier. You should be stomping before the other guy even lands. I'm testing in Rachel mirrors. Requires a bit of timing.

EDIT: You're positive regardless, though, so lol.

Last edited:

WINBACK

Works fine. Stomp earlier. You should be stomping before the other guy even lands.
Okay, I tried that. Here's what happens:
After Rachel's 9K hits me, I mash 4G (while still in the air and the dummy is going for the Stomp), one of two things happens depending on the timing that Rachel does the stomp:
1.) I Tech Roll backwards, and avoid the stomp entirely.
2.) The stomp connects (this takes strict timing on Rachel's part), but the 2nd part, the kick that force-techs, whiffs.

So I wanted to know if you tried this yourself and got the same results. I picked Hayabusa and recorded Rachel doing your 9K into Stomp set-up with different timings, and got the above.

DR2K

I've gotten the whiff on the second part of her stomp a few times. It's usually close to a wall. Don't know what causes it.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
It's weight specific. Super heavy weights only.

EDIT: Oh, I see what you're saying. That's funny. The actual kick whiffs.

WINBACK

I've gotten the whiff on the second part of her stomp a few times. It's usually close to a wall. Don't know what causes it.
It should work anywhere, not just by a wall.
Try the set-up and 4G thing like we're talking about and see if that causes it for you.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
You can't tech it, actually, and the frame advantage is still there, so it's more funny than a real issue. They're still forced up and you're still at like +10.

EDIT: You can't tech it if the other guy is super heavy weight, that is. It might be possible on other weights, but it probably requires a lot harder timing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD