DOA5U PSN Matchmaking Room

SlothFacts

PSN has a neat little feature where you can make a chat room and invite people to it. Once you're invited, you're in until you delete it from your list of chat rooms. It can be used for a few different things, but by far its most useful function for fighting game players is as a matchmaking tool.

You know how when you make a lobby in DoA, you can invite people from your friends list? Or people who's ID you have memorized? There's actually a third option there that most people seem to forget, or don't even realize exists. You can invite a chat room you're a part of. It'll send invitations to everyone in that chat room who's online at the moment. And then those that see the invitation and want to join can do so (depending on how many slots your lobby has open, obviously).

A few other communities have done rooms for their games, and I didn't see one here on Free Step Dodge (if there is one and I missed it: whoops! Sorry. My bad.), so I thought I'd try putting one together. If it makes finding matches easier for anyone, then that's awesome! If no one ends up using it, well, it was worth a shot.

If you want in, just post here saying so, or send me a friend request on PSN saying you want into the chat (I can't add you unless we're friends, but you can delete me afterwards if you want). If you post here, and your PSN handle isn't already listed on your profile, make sure to list it in your post, or PM it to me or something. If for whatever reason I just up and disappear, you can just find someone else who's a member of the chat and they'll be able to add you.

So yeah, that's it. All I ask is that everyone try to be relatively nice to each other. After all, this is meant to encourage people to play more, not less. Happy match-hunting!

Gurimmjaw

Yeah we tried this thing multiple times. Just ask @Devilreaper lol. It like when we create one it active first day then dead after that. Would be nice to have an active chat on PSN, but if you can get a chat that would be active a lot im down for it. Whenever you plan to make one just inv me to it.

SlothFacts

Yeah we tried this thing multiple times. Just ask @Devilreaper lol. It like when we create one it active first day then dead after that.
Aw, that's too bad. I mean all the chat really needs to be a success is for people to go into their chat menu and sign into it whenever they might be in the mood for DoA matches. No one even has to chat in the chat.

Ah well. I guess I'll still try and see if it gains any traction this time. I added the two of you.

Gurimmjaw

Aw, that's too bad. I mean all the chat really needs to be a success is for people to go into their chat menu and sign into it whenever they might be in the mood for DoA matches. No one even has to chat in the chat.

Ah well. I guess I'll still try and see if it gains any traction this time. I added the two of you.

Unfortunately many people are too lazy to even join a chat lol. Though me and Devilreaper can help out best way we can to get activity going in the chat and get people to come. Though this is indeed a good option so lets try to get this thing going.

Stradivariuz

I didn't realize chat rooms were persistent even if you log off. Sounds like a good idea to me. It's certainly worth a try. I'm pretty sure we're already friends on PSN, so feel free to send me an invite.

SlothFacts

I mean I could still invite you if you want, on the off-chance two people are ever in the room at the same time; but yeah, no one uses it. A Skype chat might be a better idea, but I'll leave that for someone else to try.

Gurimmjaw

I mean I could still invite you if you want, on the off-chance two people are ever in the room at the same time; but yeah, no one uses it. A Skype chat might be a better idea, but I'll leave that for someone else to try.

We can probably start it up again. Was thinking of not just for people on FSD but all who play DoA5U. It can be done if we try it again. Need at least 3 people who would be active in the room.

Heikou

Standard Donor
We can probably start it up again. Was thinking of not just for people on FSD but all who play DoA5U. It can be done if we try it again. Need at least 3 people who would be active in the room.
I'm up for it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD