How do you feel about "The Showdown"

• I like it

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I do not like it

Votes: 37 74.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Julius Rage

I'd like to know how you all feel about Chosen 1's hiphop track "The Showdown".
I need honest feedback, so your feelings on C1 as a person should not factor into the equation.

Please vote on the poll and, if you feel inclined, explain your answer.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I personally liked the song. It brought plenty of hype for the rebirth of the series. Of course, the online mode lobby could have had a different theme (such as DOA2U's online theme song). I still listen to the song sometimes :)

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
It's terrible because it's forced on me and he mixes up horror franchises in the lyrics. Other than those two things I honestly wouldn't mind it.

Brute

Standard Donor
Any time the track starts with a rapper going "Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaah," it's generally a doomed atrocity.

Number 13

Its not terrible I give it a 7/10 for effort , but I think the main reason it was hated on was because it was LOOPED continuously which can be torture for non-rap fans. I honestly would have preferred if TN stuck with the Aerosmith. At least with the custom DoA BGM addition though this can be alleviated if you don't like the song.​
Should have had a neutral "Meh" choice since I'm more of a hesitant "I Like" then a straight up "I don't like".​

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
It's placement is wrong...it shouldn't be the main track for online play...gets too repetitive and boring.

and get rid of the pinnochio reference >__>

I think the way it was introduced in the trailer was more subtle .. where it was blended in with that aggressive track ..if they kept that as some sort of an intro of the game (which the game currently does not have) it would have had a much nicer impact.
It was pretty awesome here :
Japanese:
English:
I wish they kept that as the game intro ...

YO WA NEVA A FACTA NO !

XxSakuraLuvaxX

I have a love/hate relationship with it.. I can stand listening to it, but- it's looped. That's the one thing that makes me go crazy about it @_@

I'll be switching it out for the DOA4 songs in ultimate.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I give him points for trying, but I don't like really slow rap.

And the beat just sounds like you're going to a funeral. How am I supposed to get hyped up for the next match?

Codemaster92163

It was cool when I first heard it, but I practically hear the lyrics in my sleep now with how often it's repeated. It's not bad - I just want some variety when choosing songs.

Can't you add an "I'm indifferent" option or something? xD

Julius Rage

It was cool when I first heard it, but I practically hear the lyrics in my sleep now with how often it's repeated. It's not bad - I just want some variety when choosing songs.

Can't you add an "I'm indifferent" option or something? xD

Nope, either ya like it or you don't.

You can be tired of something and still like it. You eat burgers everyday and eventually you'll get sick of em. The burgers could be great but if it's all you ever eat you'll begin to crave variety.

So the question isn't are you tired of hearing it, it's was it really a good listen in the first place?

Codemaster92163

I liked it at first, but I got rather sick of it. Guess that technically counts as a like.

Also, does anyone understand the lyrics in an actual lobby? I feel like she's talking about an extra crispy lunch...

Julius Rage

Thanks for the info guys!

Anyone who's reading that hasn't voted please do. This is leading to something, trust me.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD