Playing DOAU and DOA3 on 4gb XBOX360

shunwong

So, little by little I've gotten interested in previous DOA titles. I think a hard drive is needed in order to play backwards compatible games (like DOAU or DOA3) and as I have a 4gb XBOX360 I'd need to buy a hard drive. What would you recommend? I'm looking for something cheap, as I'm not really looking for memory. I've seen 20 gb hard drives sold for around 30 euro. Are these reliable?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
yeah they'll do the job, if they fit your system. The 20/60/120 gb hdds won't work in the redesigned 360.

I'm sure though you could find a cheap Xbox 1 system though. Your version of DOA3 in Europe is the 3.2 version which is more or less comparable to 3.1. The only difference being the free step system was tightened up in 3.2 so attacks tracked more.

shunwong

yeah they'll do the job, if they fit your system. The 20/60/120 gb hdds won't work in the redesigned 360.

I'm sure though you could find a cheap Xbox 1 system though. Your version of DOA3 in Europe is the 3.2 version which is more or less comparable to 3.1. The only difference being the free step system was tightened up in 3.2 so attacks tracked more.

I think mine is the redesigned 360 (I bought it in jan2012, sorry, I'm clueless when it comes to technical stuff). So what kind of HDD would fit then?

I'm not buying an Xbox, if my wife sees another console in the house she will chop my balls off, LOL

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Old Model 360 on the left, New model on the right:
microsoft-xbox-360-slim-e2.jpg

The Old model had an external hdd mounted to the side/top (you see it on the left with the silver in the middle).

The new model hdds are inserted and smaller, like laptop drives.

I was told though that if you open the old model drive you'll find the new model's inside.

shunwong

Old Model 360 on the left, New model on the right:
microsoft-xbox-360-slim-e2.jpg

The Old model had an external hdd mounted to the side/top (you see it on the left with the silver in the middle).

The new model hdds are inserted and smaller, like laptop drives.

I was told though that if you open the old model drive you'll find the new model's inside.

Mine's the new one. :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD