Community Opinion: Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Dividing the Community

Radiance

I'll need to see all the content + new characters to make up my mind. Worst case scenario, I'll end up getting the F2P version for Xbox one along with Eliot. MKX comes out a few months later so I won't be too buried in DOA5LR

Kohlrak

I'd be happy to pay for the updates just like i do the DLC outfits. The system exclusive stuff doesn't even bother me nearly as much as the fact that they're lying about the reasoning behind it. If they wanted to charge for the update and the stages to be on ps3, i'll buy it just like everyone else who bought nyotengu and the like. That wouldn't change anything, but, please, we don't live in the 80s or 90s anymore, quit insulting our intelligence. We thank you for giving us free stuff, but honesty is more important. Moreover, honesty allows us to put the blame where it belongs, instead of you, TN.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Good post, i don't understand why people think they should be entitled to free content.

I don't think I should be given free content I think I should be given the option of purchasing ALL of the new content. this isn't what fans asked for.

The idea that they needed to do this to sell it is ridiculous people were already writing the checks by the time they heard "soft skin engine" keeping these two stages exclusive really doesn't improve the sells with this type of fanbase.

hollow

The main issue I believe mostly comes from the younger generation of players and/or people with not extra money to spare. Feeling like TN is forcing them to buy the new gen consoles and buy a new game or they miss out on a lot of new things. At least that's what I think why a lot of people are ticked.

synce

I didn't know this was turning into such a huge deal haha Probably the people complaining most about it are the ones who are definitely going to buy it, so that's funny to me. I'll just casually ignore LR until I can get the disc for $10 used. But why are people expecting Tecmo to be fair? This is a company that released $500 worth of DLC, when most others are willing to stop at $30 season passes and then, you know, MAKE A NEW GAME.

Intelligent Alpha

I didn't know this was turning into such a huge deal haha Probably the people complaining most about it are the ones who are definitely going to buy it, so that's funny to me. I'll just casually ignore LR until I can get the disc for $10 used. But why are people expecting Tecmo to be fair? This is a company that released $500 worth of DLC, when most others are willing to stop at $30 season passes and then, you know, MAKE A NEW GAME.

I gotta add it to my collection! I love the series regardless of all the bullshit! They have a term for that. "Sheep!" But yes, LR is not high on my must-have list either. This is usually what happens with ported games though! And yeah, the one that got all that wonderful DLC (not), I also find ironic if they are complaining! Again, sheep as maligned as that term is!

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor

thats $500 dollars of useless costumes that were available to everybody, cheap? no, but fair? yeah.

Intelligent Alpha

thats $500 dollars of useless costumes that were available to everybody, cheap? no, but fair? yeah.

And your point is? That's what the argument is about! If costumes can/are inclusive, why not everything else? The other thing, if you got $500 worth of costumes, you ought not bitch about exclusive content on a now (until January 2015) $350 (close to $400 - which it was before the deal) console!

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
And your point is? That's what the argument is about! If costumes can/are inclusive, why not everything else? The other thing, if you got $500 worth of costumes, you ought not bitch about exclusive content on a now (until January 2015) $350 (close to $400 - which it was before the deal) console!

i dont mean to be rude but is english your first language? on numerous occasions ive read stuff of yours that didn't make sense and you've misunderstood me and others numerous times as well.

Argentus

Meh. Community was divided back when they put 5 on playstation and vita, after having been xbox exclusive for like 10 years.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Meh. Community was divided back when they put 5 on playstation and vita, after having been xbox exclusive for like 10 years.

that's not what Cyber meant.yes its being divided console wise but the division hes talking about is whether or not you support TN cutting content to the last gen users

Intelligent Alpha

i dont mean to be rude but is english your first language? on numerous occasions ive read stuff of yours that didn't make sense and you've misunderstood me and others numerous times as well.

Very funny! hahaha! I'm misunderstood, too, so we're at a stalemate! You know exactly what I mean!

But let me clarify:

The console thing: It sold at $500 upon release, did it not? Everybody rationalized it due to the Kinect peripheral. Then, the tag is lowered $100 to compete with the PS4 (Removing the Kinect, then re-adding it) Guess what? Folks still aren't buying it. So, here comes a temporary $50 price drop. (Until January) "Oh, look! It's now cheaper than the PS4!" I doubt people will be in a hurry to get it if they weren't after the first price drop!

How this relates to LR:

Players spend that much or more on costumes, but whine cause they have to spend that much for presumably the very little they added to Last Round all because the developers are trying to just test the waters to see if very miniscule changes work on current gen?

Folks keep rationalizing how the content costs nothing on last gen. That may be true, but the reason for the shitstorm is principle. IDGAD if it's business! Could you imagine if people took this attitude with the DLC diaherra? Last I checked, lots of people hate that practice no matter who's doing it!

"Here! This is free, but you have to pay for it"

Do you understand me now?

Also to Argentus post:

He is right though! DOA should have stayed exclusive to Xbox! Look at what happened when it went to Playstation? They got alot more shit than we did, thus 5U to shut us up! Now, the shitstorm over Rise of the Tomb Raider being a timed exclusive! Sure, PS will get it, but it's only exclusive because the XBO is selling like shit right now!

The point is division leads to more division which leads to more division. Ironically, trying to unify everybody makes the problem even worse! Multi-plats? The rants regarding exclusivity stop, but more division on what looks better on what console! See?

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD