Community Online Contributor of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius Rage

This thread will be used to submit and discuss nominations for FreeStepDodge.com's, 2013, FSD Online Contributor of the year.

Each poster may nominate ONE FreeStepDodge.com Online Contributor. Along with your nomination, please include an explanantion as to why you believe this Person to be the best of the best over the last 12 months.

Links to threads, youtube pages, twitter, facebook, quotes, outside website are all legal. Remember, this is all in fun, keep the personal attacks to the barest of minimums.

We're civialized people here dammit!​

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I would have to give this one to @DestructionBomb

His work organizing the PS3 tournament cups and uploading them combined with some of his more random, hilarious videos and helpful combo videos are very regular contributions that give the site a good atmosphere. His actions have brought a large portion of the community together, and all around he's just a great guy. Love having him here.

Brute

Standard Donor
"Forum poster" is too limiting. This should be "community member" of the year so we can include folks who've been doing their part building their local communities.
51af8f7040066.png

Julius Rage

Community Member AND Forum Poster

We'll do both. It'll give a better opportunity to commentators (Like Rabies) and tournament organizers (like Nyk Nyks).

Continue to use this thread ONLY for nomination and discussion of Forum Contributors.

Oh and I'm going to nominate Emperor Cow.

His tutorial series continued on into this calendar year and I feel that it will go down as one of the single greatest video contributions any member has ever made to this community. I can't imagine how many hours he had to sink into that project...what, with obtaining footage, scheduling commentary and the like.

And even though DOA5U has its own tutorial suite, Cow's can still be referenced to this day as a helpful companion tool for new players.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Emperor Cow wins this hands down. I have learned some things from his videos that I never even noticed before, and I'm proud of his attention to detail and quality in his videos. It just doesn't stop there though. He's created community collectibles and dedicated a big chunk of himself to this community. Thanks a lot. This community definitely needs you.

My honorable mention goes to Master. I'm not sure if he's a community member here, but I know his Ryu combo video didn't go unnoticed. It was long, vast, informative and interesting. Not only that but he saved DOA World from going under. A lot of people here might not like DOAW, but I do and I'm proud to be a member there and I'm proud Master cared enough about the place to save it, and it's now leagues better thanks to him.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Im going to nominate Master, if it wasn't for him and his amazing Ryu i would not be here right now

Back in October I found out hayabusa was in a fighting game called Doa5, bought it instantly and loved it

But it was all those tournament videos of Master just wrecking people with Hayabusa that i would watch at work that made me invest so much time in this game, at times more than Ninja gaiden, which is a big statement since i love that game to death

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Gotta give it to Emperor Cow. His commitment to his tutorials is exactly the kind of content that makes FSD attractive to people who want to up their game in DOA. Honourable mention to HajinShinobi for pretty much reviving the scrubby cesspool that was the Ayane forums this year. Without his help, Ayane would've gone under the radar.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I can't argue my case when someone like Emperor Cow is in the picture. He is a clear cut winner.
Don't be too down on yourself. EC's vids do a great service but some of the videos you've done, the ones that really showcase some of the ridiculous shit in this game, actually get me to pick up the game from time to time. Of course, I put it down shortly thereafter but the point is I got tricked into picking it up again. EC's videos do a great service to the community but the videos I've seen from you have done more to hype the game to me. My official vote/nominee goes to Sly Bass.

D3v also does indeed deserve a shout-out. Whenever I see someone shitting on DOA in another community, I'll read a response and go "Who the heck is this guy on here playing referee for DOA..? Oh! It's d3v." 99% of the posts I've seen by this man have been him trying to defuse a situation and get people to give DOA a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD