Official DoA5U Pai thread

Tokkosho

Well, as is we don't have much to talk about other than her new costume options and tag throw with Lei, but when the time comes this will be where we discuss the new Pai (she sure as hell ain't staying the same) for now, we can speculate what buffs or nerfs she's going to receive. I just want her to get her 466P+K as a SS
option, buffed launchers, and perhaps a guard break that doesn't require a crazy predictable charge. And just something to add some icing (to the Pai :cool: ) could be adding some evasion to 4P+K. But that's pretty low
On my priority list

synce

I want some combo variety... they really limited her options with 66H+K nerf, so make it bound again, make other moves bound, or give her better launchers

Edit: k this video just gave me some hope, they're implementing VF-like bound. Opens up a whole new world of combos

Her 66H+k better bounce again I miss it so much. I like the idea of 466p+k being a ss option it'd be really good. Maybe this is just wishful thinking but I would love to see a transition into 4p+k like her other stance (ex 6kp9/3p+k). She could also use some more NH stuns breaking in with 2p, 2h+k, 1h+k aren't going to cut it( I know she has more :p).

Tokkosho

I think it'd be interesting if Pai could transition into 4P+K from her hakkeshou. She needs something to make that stance actually make people think

Codemaster92163

I'd actually really enjoy having her HKS throw as a sidestep option. That would likely never happen, but the thought of it is nice (: more importantly, though, I think we all want her original 66H+K back. That, coupled with the changes they made in the most recent patch, would have her sitting in a good spot tier wise. Not that she's bad now, but she could be better.

I'd also like her GB to cancel more quickly after pressing H. It works on occasion, but only online, so if they would reduce the recovery frames on her fake-out by a bit, we'd have options again, and options are always nice.

I'm fine with the current 4P+K, but yes, some evasiveness to it would be nice. As would her HKS parry catching low punches as well.

Tokkosho

Oh and make her fucking BT 7P+K at a wall fucking useful. That shit has so much potential yet it's a literal piece of shit move

Codemaster92163

Lmao, I feel you on that. It looks so cool, too, but the absurd recovery and complete lack of any follow up makes it so...shitty.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
not looking for a fight here ...
but honestly .. even with the rebounce nerf .. Pai is still a monster in her current state ... she will most likely get some sort of buff .. but I'm really not worried ..

Since they claim that the full roster is out .. I assume the rest of the 3 months will be tweaking and balancing ... which is great ... :)

Really looking forward to New pai.. (especially with that hair ;) .. )

I'm assuming the infinite loop in tag will go .. lol

Codemaster92163

I wouldn't say she's a monster, but she's not bad or anything. Well, she can be against heavyweights (her juggle potential is horrible against them without 66H+K). But yes, I think we can all agree that her new hair was highly needed and looks awesome =P

And yeah, her KK infinite in tag is just annoying to watch. I'm sure they'll remove it.

Oh and make her fucking BT 7P+K at a wall fucking useful. That shit has so much potential yet it's a literal piece of shit move

She doesn't have a BT 7 P+K, on a side note though her BT 7K is quite aggravating to do if someone could help. I do the input but she always turns around and does her jump kick. I feel like that move could be really useful at the wall into a 2P+K

Codemaster92163

She doesn't have a BT 7 P+K, on a side note though her BT 7K is quite aggravating to do if someone could help. I do the input but she always turns around and does her jump kick. I feel like that move could be really useful at the wall into a 2P+K

I believe he was just referring to her 4P+K from BT. Maybe 7P+K works the same, who knows. Also, I think you're speaking of BT 9K, not 7K (her backwards cartwheel kick, right?). In any case, it's a move that has to be buffered. I can only get it consistently after 44P, WR P+K, and 66H+K. You have to do it while you're still recovering from the other attacks' animation.

Hate to burst your bubble, though, but 2P+K from her BT 9K does not work. It connects, yes, but you can't get anything off of it. The same applies to WR P+K launching the opponent. They fall to quickly after the 2P+K to get anything decent off of, if anything at all.

I believe he was just referring to her 4P+K from BT. Maybe 7P+K works the same, who knows. Also, I think you're speaking of BT 9K, not 7K (her backwards cartwheel kick, right?). In any case, it's a move that has to be buffered. I can only get it consistently after 44P, WR P+K, and 66H+K. You have to do it while you're still recovering from the other attacks' animation.

Hate to burst your bubble, though, but 2P+K from her BT 9K does not work. It connects, yes, but you can't get anything off of it. The same applies to WR P+K launching the opponent. They fall to quickly after the 2P+K to get anything decent off of, if anything at all.

Dang thats upsetting. Yea it might be BT9K her BT backflip kick

synce

Saw on twitter that Pai's getting a new move 33PK, which is odd because there's no such move in VF5FS

Tokkosho

When she's facing a wall she does.

Codemaster92163

Saw on twitter that Pai's getting a new move 33PK, which is odd because there's no such move in VF5FS

No idea what that move could possibly be. It would be nice getting a new attack, and perhaps a tracking punch. I really hope it's not low, since enough people spam low counters against Pai.

synce

I don't know, 5FS is the first VF I played seriously, maybe it's an old move? Or a hint at VF6? :p

Anyway 33PK does relatively great damage, no other details on it.

Now for some bad news. 66H+K setups and 46H+K still give shitty air, and 66H+K still doesn't bound. Pai also lost her force tech options, as did many other characters. Also all VF characters had their 2P nerfed

At this point I don't think I'll be picking her back up in 5U

Codemaster92163

Fuck you TN

^

I'm fine with losing the force tech. It was starting to feel similar to Helena's 33P4P, which I really don't care much for, but please, for the love of God, give us back our 66H+K rebound.

No one ever complained about it. No one thought it was cheap or broken. All it did was give us juggling options on heavy weights, which is something we desperately need. Yeah, it gave us a few more points of damage in our other combos, too, but seriously - who considers Pai a powerhouse anyways?

synce

To me losing FT is not okay at all, after 66H+K nerf my whole game revolved FT. Now she's lost that, so what's left? She hits like a mosquito already, her counters can be countered, and they've further increased the lifebar. I don't know, it's still early but unless there's some positive changes it looks like Pai's the first character to be systematically nerfed from top tier all the way to bottom.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD