[Oct 19, 2013] Oasis Championship (Sparks, NV)

Updated!
Event: The Oasis Championship (OC)

The Venue:
7995 Tres Arroyos Dr
Sparks, NV 89436

Venue Fee: 5 Pre reg, 10 at the door

Pot Fees:10$ per game

Fee Info: just something small to try and cover for electricity bill

Send your pre reg fees to Paypal - Nicolas.Buffenbarger@gmail.com
Make sure you include your Name (IMPORTANT SO I CAN PUT YOUR MONEY WITH YOUR NAME* and what games you will be playing in the info box

Date: Oct 19, 2013

Date Info: Date is what we will plan on.

Time: 11am - when its done :p

Games: DOA 5: Ultimate, Injustice: Gods Among us, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3,
Side Tournaments: Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition,
Skull Girls (its current state of release, And as many more games we have time for!

Winnings: 1st:$100+70%Pot, 2nd 20%Pot, 3rd 10%Pot

Winnings Info: All Main Tournaments will get 100$ + 70% of the pot for first place, side tournaments will only be pot based.

General Rules: All Tournaments are Single Elimination due to time constraints on the venue.

All games will be played on the default settings, unless otherwise specified.

All macros available via the in-game controller configuration menu are allowed.

Hardware programmable input entry, rapid-fire, or other hardware assisted mechanisms are strictly forbidden.

Accidentally pausing the game at any time during the fight may force you to forfeit the round, unless guaranteed death (solely at a judge’s discretion).

Any player using “Random Select” to pick their character must “Random Select” again if they win the match, provided that there is no way to pick a certain character in the random box.

You must provide your own controller/arcade stick
All converters are the responsibility of the player.

All wireless controllers are banned. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE PADS WITH DONGLES IE WIRELESS MADCATZ PAD FOR PS3 or similar controllers

Game Rules:

DOA5
3/5 rounds
2.3 match points for entire tournament
3/5 Match Points for Winner Finals, Loser Finals, and Grand Finals
Normal Life Setting
60 Second Time Limit
Dangerzones are on
Random Stage select
Winner Lock - Winner must stay same character, Loser may pick
- Random character can be chosen, but if the player wins they must choose the same character for the second match.

Injustice

Game Settings: Round Time 99 Seconds, 2/3 games

Stage Select Rules -- Stages afterwards 50/50

Bans: None as of May 9, 2013

UMvC3
Ruleset: Evolution
Game Settings: 99 Seconds, 3/5 Games, Default Handicap, Default Damage

You may not use any glitch that prevents the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.

Winner must keep exact same team (including assists), but may switch order of assists via loading screen.

Galactus is banned in tournament play.

Last edited:
might go to this for the doa5 pool, so yeah lets go doa players and represent

Fred Cambell told me he couldnt make it out at this time, so I definately need some DOA members to show up, I have a lot of people coming for the 2d fighters that are local to reno.

Trust me People, when CHEESUS runs a tournament he does Not play around, they are always fun and entertaining. So Come on DOA Community get out there!

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Well I wasn't complaining about the date. I am just saying with tfc and this both in sept it will be a busy month for me.

Well I wasn't complaining about the date. I am just saying with tfc and this both in sept it will be a busy month for me.

No i am serious, we may also be switching venues in the next month also based on pricing, so if there is a better date that works for you let me know. If we do switch venues I will probobly jump the tournament back a week or 2 depending on RSVPs and if anyone makes travel plans.

Lithy

Considering this if the logistics for running things are solid, I would have to book a plane, but I play Injustice and DOA so it is a consideration for me. Updates as to the situation with venue and what-not would help me out.

Ok everyone I am updating my first post with information, Everything is still going down! there is good news, great news and changed news *lol not really bad* check the top post, I am changing the venue, the date *but only slightly* venue fee is going to be very minimal now since It will be at my house! so the most it will be is 5 or 10$ I will refund anyones money who has sent me on paypal. I just got a huge house and have plenty of room for everyone to hang out and play all day and night, I am adding more games and also more tournaments now that we dont have a time frame!

Prize payouts are still the same, the 1st place of main tournys is still getting 100$ plus the pot!

this will all be updated by the end of tonight keep posted!

NukNuks

Cheesus, please strategically plan the date.

TFC will be from Sept 13-15

Keystone III will be on Sept 21st in San Jose,CA

And Ground Zero: Crimson will be in October 5th in NorCal.

These are all DOA tournaments I plan on attending. I would really like to attend your event as well. I believe SomewhatMental and Shadow will be attending most if not all of these also. Please make the date that we can all attend if possible.

@Return of the Shadow @SomewhatMental @HajinShinobi

Last edited:
HEY CHEESUS, If you changed the venue , you better get over to DOAWorld and have Master edit the details in your tournament thread over there as well!

HEY CHEESUS, If you changed the venue , you better get over to DOAWorld and have Master edit the details in your tournament thread over there as well!
ill send him a note tonight about it, im updating all my posts on all the websites tonight, just needed to hammer out some details

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm in Vegas... not sure I can afford to fly though. If anyone is passing through the area, let me know via pm.

I would love to start going to tournaments.

daman077c

Cheesus, is the tournament rules changing to double elimination, with the time restraints on hosting gone?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD