New York DOA5

shurf

Don't worry about it. I'd usually prefer an earlier session too but I had arrangements for the afternoon that I had to attend to before goring anywhere. I'm down for an earlier time next week. From what I've seen, it's easy enough to secure a couple of setups as long as a tournament isn't going on or something. I can volunteer to bring my copy and reserve a spot.

splslick

=[ Damn and I was free all day today =[....Something told me to check here earlier =[ =[ =[ =[ =[ =[ =[ =[

splslick

I'm definitely down for next week if ya are serious about a session, I work until 3pm on Friday and I am off all day on Saturday. What about you guys? @Kain Are you still alive?

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
Let's take a head count now so this way we will know mid week if people drop so far its:

Dr.Snipe
SplSlick
Shurf
That's 3 so far 4 would be great.
Lastly I'm pretty sure that at least 3 people here use PS3 I can provide an extra 360 controller if nobody has a converter. Maybe I can pick one up mid week if it's that important

Last edited:

shurf

I don't know how many people play with pad, but I can also bring an extra wired controller. The arcade rents sticks for a few bucks so if anyone needs that it shouldn't be a problem. I'll post about this on the facebook "NJ fighting game scene" group to see if there's any interest.

splslick

I don't know how many people play with pad, but I can also bring an extra wired controller. The arcade rents sticks for a few bucks so if anyone needs that it shouldn't be a problem. I'll post about this on the facebook "NJ fighting game scene" group to see if there's any interest.
Sounds like a plan :D

splslick

So is the session going to happen on Saturday? I don't want to make the trip over there to find out that it's not going to happen

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
So is the session going to happen on Saturday? I don't want to make the trip over there to find out that it's not going to happen

So far there's 3 attending dunno if you think 3 is worth your time/trip.

Maybe if you set the hype train on fire people will notice? I'm still going but have no idea how the place works so like before I'll just wait for people.

shurf

I'm still going one way or another. I'll be there 1-2PM the latest. My hope is that we'll find DOA players there regardless if people know about this meetup or not. I figure at least A COUPLE of the regulars there play this game.

I'll still be bringing the spare controller and game. Just a head's up, the arcade does NOT have DOA5 installed on their hard drives, so we need copies. If anyone else can bring theirs, that would help. Thanks!

EDIT: Also, I agree. More people should come. Its quite a trip for me to get all the way to Brooklyn, but I figure its the best spot to find people.

EDIT2: If you haven't been there, you should know that the venue charges hourly to stay there OR you can pay 10 bucks and stay all you want. Its basically a LAN center so it makes sense.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
I have the xbox and 2 PS3 copies. I also own the Vita vers if that tickles your fancy. If save data is required for out fits I can accommodate it will finally give me a reason to buy packs. With the exception of PS3 as I never touched it. All I use is the girl in my avatar so everything for her is unlocked everyone else non DLC outfit has a pretty lock on it though.

shurf

Haha, outfits shouldn't be a big deal. We can use exhibition mode to have all the in-game costumes unlocked. Glad you play Tina, I have ZERO offline experience against her so I'm looking forward to it! I have a Vita with the DOA5 demo on it, dunno if I can use that for multiplayer though.

I can't recall how many PS3s Next Level has, but I think its mostly 360s. We should be fine with just the 360 copies but feel free to bring both. Why do you have two PS3 copies lol?

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
Haha, outfits shouldn't be a big deal. We can use exhibition mode to have all the in-game costumes unlocked. Glad you play Tina, I have ZERO offline experience against her so I'm looking forward to it! I have a Vita with the DOA5 demo on it, dunno if I can use that for multiplayer though.

I can't recall how many PS3s Next Level has, but I think its mostly 360s. We should be fine with just the 360 copies but feel free to bring both. Why do you have two PS3 copies lol?

No I use Mary though, I usually buy PS3 and Xbox copies. The reason I own 2 PS3 copies is because I won a combo video contest for Doa 5. The prize was a copy of doa5u and an arcade stick.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
Dear cavalcade of scrubs this is a challenge to all in the New York area. As of now only 2 "brave" people have stepped foward to the challenge these 2 vict- players are all we got? Surely there are more

@Tenryuga are you not among those who wish to challenge yourself?

@Kain did you not show up to a previous meeting? Was that it?

@BBoyDragon stay in Boston coming here would embarrass you and your city

@DestructionBomb fuck the Bronx and doges!

If you want to challenge me you know where I'll be Saturday all day next level. This is not a joke to light a fire under your asses come and get me.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Dear cavalcade of scrubs this is a challenge to all in the New York area. As of now only 2 "brave" people have stepped foward to the challenge these 2 vict- players are all we got? Surely there are more

@Tenryuga are you not among those who wish to challenge yourself?

@Kain did you not show up to a previous meeting? Was that it?

@BBoyDragon stay in Boston coming here would embarrass you and your city

@DestructionBomb fuck the Bronx and doges!

If you want to challenge me you know where I'll be Saturday all day next level. This is not a joke to light a fire under your asses come and get me.

Is it tomorrow Saturday? Alright i'll play tomorrow. Is it possible someone can get it to stream and post it about it on the news page or post it now? also what time?

Edited for more post: Is it gonna be for PS3? I'm bringing my PS3 copy. If it's Xbox I need a converter if someone could provide that.

Last edited:

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
Is it tomorrow Saturday? Alright i'll play tomorrow. Is it possible someone can get it to stream and post it about it on the news page or post it now? also what time?

Edited for more post: Is it gonna be for PS3? I'm bringing my PS3 copy. If it's Xbox I need a converter if someone could provide that.

Xbox name a brand I'll see if I have one in the box if not I'll go get it. Wish this was addressed earlier but I figured the website doesn't send alerts if you haven't posted in a thread in a while. Or at least in my case phone resets I lose all notifications. Don't even get me started on how it diarrheas all over the email inbox especially if you're in the Casual thread.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Xbox name a brand I'll see if I have one in the box if not I'll go get it. Wish this was addressed earlier but I figured the website doesn't send alerts if you haven't posted in a thread in a while. Or at least in my case phone resets I lose all notifications. Don't even get me started on how it diarrheas all over the email inbox especially if you're in the Casual thread.

The casual thread does blow up on my alerts, but for this one the alerts hardly pop up at all. Usually you make like 1 post and it'll pop up..but if you wait too long and post another in the future it won't notify for me/others about it.

Yeah if there's a PS3 it's a God send for me. Would appreciate it if someone brings a Xbox converter if there's an Xbox as well there. We just have to stream it. Can someone post something like this on the news page?

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
The casual thread does blow up on my alerts, but for this one the alerts hardly pop up at all. Usually you make like 1 post and it'll pop up..but if you wait too long and post another in the future it won't notify for me/others about it.

Yeah if there's a PS3 it's a God send for me. Would appreciate it if someone brings a Xbox converter if there's an Xbox as well there. We just have to stream it. Can someone post something like this on the news page?
How do we stream? Don't we need permission from spooky? And I hope we aren't laughed out of the place...... it is doa and ot still has that reputation even now.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
How do we stream? Don't we need permission from spooky? And I hope we aren't laughed out of the place...... it is doa and ot still has that reputation even now.

Permission to stream? ouch...now that's new. Ah well, might as well just play then. Anyone can speak about this on the news page? or is it too little of importance? Was hoping to make the NY scene of the game extra popular.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD