New York DOA5

da_moosh

You're not that far from me at all and Im down for any practice. With school starting next week in combination with work It'll be a little harder to come out for sessions for the time being. In the mean time If any of you guys are on PSN add me. I just started and need LOTS of help.

stinkymonz

yoo VirtuaPAI whenever this gathering happens we gotta play 3.1! It might actually be my first 3.1 match against a real person lol.

Tenryuga

sounds like we have a good amount of people. We should definitely get some casuals going; gotta keep the NYC scene alive this time.

splslick

As long as we are consistent with it, I think we can do it :D...I'll just be a little late since I won't be able to get Doa5u until much later =[

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
What's the closest train by you @virtuaPAI ? :O
-The closest train to me is the D followed by the N trains.

yoo VirtuaPAI whenever this gathering happens we gotta play 3.1! It might actually be my first 3.1 match against a real person lol.
-Lmao. I put my OG Xbox away. But I will bring it out for gatherings. You know whats funny, FSD in Doa3.0 is not that bad. I was just fucking around and I was free stepping Jabs and a lot of singular strikes. the trick was to back dash(Korean) than Just tap :8: or :2: and those attacks would just whiff. Back than it was difficult, but the way both Doa4 and Doa5 move, that shit was easy.

splslick

-The closest train to me is the D followed by the N trains.

-Lmao. I put my OG Xbox away. But I will bring it out for gatherings. You know whats funny, FSD in Doa3.0 is not that bad. I was just fucking around and I was free stepping Jabs and a lot of singular strikes. the trick was to back dash(Korean) than Just tap :8: or :2: and those attacks would just whiff. Back than it was difficult, but the way both Doa4 and Doa5 move, that shit was easy.
We should get something happening then for Doa5 :D

stinkymonz

Lmao. I put my OG Xbox away. But I will bring it out for gatherings. You know whats funny, FSD in Doa3.0 is not that bad. I was just fucking around and I was free stepping Jabs and a lot of singular strikes. the trick was to back dash(Korean) than Just tap :8: or :2: and those attacks would just whiff. Back than it was difficult, but the way both Doa4 and Doa5 move, that shit was easy.

If you need it, my 360 is Asian region and I have 3.1 too, so I could bring it over if you'd prefer that. The emulator isn't all perfect last I tried but it's still 3.1.

I'll have to try that again when I have my 360 back. I really only recently started playing DoA5 and Matt did mention walk speeds have slowed down since DoA3 but I can't wait to go back and feel it for myself. I remember it being really easy to take advantage of the stage/environment even in DoA2U because of it. (oh shit wait, I don't think I can play DoA3.0 anymore, damn.)

VaanSkyLod

Hey, I'm new to the forum and DoA in general (like just started today because of TFC). Anyway, I'm in Queens NY. I'd like to go to a session to learn how to play if anybody doesn't have a problem teaching. Peace!

splslick

friday sounds cool, is there a place for a local event?
As of right now, we will be doing this at the Next Level Arcade which is located on 4013 8th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11232. Here is the breakdown of the pricing of the location:
Gaming Area Hourly Rates:
$3.00 for the first hour, per person
$2.50 onward per hour, per person
(Hourly rates require an photo I.D. or $10.00 deposit)
$10.00 daily flat rate, per person

Rentals:
$3.00 per joystick
$2.00 per pad
(Requires a photo I.D. for rentals)

Mestizo

Standard Donor
As of right now, we will be doing this at the Next Level Arcade which is located on 4013 8th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11232. Here is the breakdown of the pricing of the location:
Gaming Area Hourly Rates:
$3.00 for the first hour, per person
$2.50 onward per hour, per person
(Hourly rates require an photo I.D. or $10.00 deposit)
$10.00 daily flat rate, per person

Rentals:
$3.00 per joystick
$2.00 per pad
(Requires a photo I.D. for rentals)
sweet, are we doing it on 360 or ps3?

splslick

sweet, are we doing it on 360 or ps3?
It would be ps3 since I doubt they will have DOA5U there. They didnt have vanilla back when I did sessions there so Im just going to assume they don't have it....In terms of transportation, the closest train there is the D train and you would have to take it to 9th avenue...If you are going by other means, your best bet is hopstop.com :D

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD