New York DOA5

splslick

By the way, where's the exact location of Next Level in brooklyn?
4013 8th Ave Brooklyn, NY 11232
The closest train is the D train. If you take the D, then just follow these instructions:

Take the D train heading to Downtown/Coney Island
Get off at 9th Avenue
Exit near intersection of NEW UTRECHT AVE and 9TH AVE
Start out going South West on 9TH AVE towards 39TH ST
Turn right onto 40TH ST
Turn left onto 8TH AVE
Arrive at 4013 8TH AVE

*These were the directions taken from hopstop.

Here are the pricing rates at next level:
Gaming Area Hourly Rates:
$3.00 for the first hour, per person
$2.50 onward per hour, per person
(Hourly rates require an photo I.D. or $10.00 deposit)
$10.00 daily flat rate, per person

*Please keep in mind, you can forgo the $3 for the first hour if you choose to just pay the $10 instead. $10 will allow you to play until the time you decide to leave regardless of how long you stayed. I do think we are going to host the session at Next Level. I will call them tomorrow to see if they have copies of DOA5U there. If they don't then I will simply just bring my ps3 with me along with an arcade stick.

splslick

I just hit him up on Twitter. Hopefully something comes up
I appreciate everyone's effort in hitting him up. I really want to see this actually happen where we can have sessions and tournaments for this game. I feel that this scene has a lot of potential and I would love to see this scene grow.

splslick

Do you know what time you guys are going? I just need to get approval and I'll be good to go.
Well when I host sessions like these, I tend to show up extremely early so I can adjust to the monitors at Next Level since mine is a bit laggy. If I host it at Next Level, I would show up around 3-5pm and probably leave around 9-11pm depending on how many people are still there. I remember when Smithy and I would play vanilla at Next Level. He would body me for hours every single time we played each week. Hell we both found out that the game only keeps a score of 99-x on the versus screen lol...And usually I would only win maybe 5-10ish? Basically the point I am trying to make is that I would be willing to play anyone regardless of skill level for as long as we both or others can take it lol

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
4013 8th Ave Brooklyn, NY 11232
The closest train is the D train. If you take the D, then just follow these instructions:

Take the D train heading to Downtown/Coney Island
Get off at 9th Avenue
Exit near intersection of NEW UTRECHT AVE and 9TH AVE
Start out going South West on 9TH AVE towards 39TH ST
Turn right onto 40TH ST
Turn left onto 8TH AVE
Arrive at 4013 8TH AVE

*These were the directions taken from hopstop.

Here are the pricing rates at next level:
Gaming Area Hourly Rates:
$3.00 for the first hour, per person
$2.50 onward per hour, per person
(Hourly rates require an photo I.D. or $10.00 deposit)
$10.00 daily flat rate, per person

*Please keep in mind, you can forgo the $3 for the first hour if you choose to just pay the $10 instead. $10 will allow you to play until the time you decide to leave regardless of how long you stayed. I do think we are going to host the session at Next Level. I will call them tomorrow to see if they have copies of DOA5U there. If they don't then I will simply just bring my ps3 with me along with an arcade stick.

No problem.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Well when I host sessions like these, I tend to show up extremely early so I can adjust to the monitors at Next Level since mine is a bit laggy. If I host it at Next Level, I would show up around 3-5pm and probably leave around 9-11pm depending on how many people are still there. I remember when Swifty and I would play vanilla at Next Level. He would body me for hours every single time we played each week. Hell we both found out that the game only keeps a score of 99-x on the versus screen lol...And usually I would only win maybe 5-10ish? Basically the point I am trying to make is that I would be willing to play anyone regardless of skill level for as long as we both or others can take it lol

If I had a bigger home I would of liked to host. Heck I even have recording equips. If it's someones house I can bring my recording if you guys like. Just need to be next to a PC.

Tenryuga

Well when I host sessions like these, I tend to show up extremely early so I can adjust to the monitors at Next Level since mine is a bit laggy. If I host it at Next Level, I would show up around 3-5pm and probably leave around 9-11pm depending on how many people are still there. I remember when Swifty and I would play vanilla at Next Level. He would body me for hours every single time we played each week. Hell we both found out that the game only keeps a score of 99-x on the versus screen lol...And usually I would only win maybe 5-10ish? Basically the point I am trying to make is that I would be willing to play anyone regardless of skill level for as long as we both or others can take it lol

Lol I just need to get parental permission. What system are we on?

splslick

Here is an archive of Bum streaming at the Fashion Forty bar/pub in Midtown manhattan

This is one for Melee as well :D

Injustice and Marvel

These are just examples of his work if anyone was interested in what exactly he does.

*Also, please call or text me whether you can make it or not on saturday at 917-921-5905 cause I wouldn't be able to check FSD when I'm at Next Level :D

Last edited:

splslick

Next update, looks like Next Level doesn't have the game there but I will be bringing my ps3 there and you can either use my arcade stick or you can rent one out at the venue. If anyone wants to bring a setup, you are more than welcome to do so. So far, it seems that there is going to be a group showing up already :D....Hyped to see some matches tomorrow :D

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Next update, looks like Next Level doesn't have the game there but I will be bringing my ps3 there and you can either use my arcade stick or you can rent one out at the venue. If anyone wants to bring a setup, you are more than welcome to do so. So far, it seems that there is going to be a group showing up already :D....Hyped to see some matches tomorrow :D

What time you guys going there?

Tenryuga

I'll be showing up. I unfortunately cant provide another PS3 though. Is there anyone that can since we seem to be having a large group?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD