New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
As the location in my card over <-- there states.

I believe we met at TFC this weekend as I was the one who got you in the brackets late :p.

BolverkGTM

Hello! I go by Bolverk-GTM and I've just made a transition to DoA5U from VF5FS. I've been playing VF since FS came out and I figured I could go for a little change of pace (that and the online is dying unfortunately). I'll be maining Ein in DoA5U. It's a pleasure to meet everyone.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Hello! I go by Bolverk-GTM and I've just made a transition to DoA5U from VF5FS. I've been playing VF since FS came out and I figured I could go for a little change of pace (that and the online is dying unfortunately). I'll be maining Ein in DoA5U. It's a pleasure to meet everyone.

Welcome to FreeStepDodge and the community, bro! Glad to see you're giving DOA5U a shot. I doubt you'll have issues learning the game, but if you have any questions of any kind, feel free to hit me up on Skype.

BolverkGTM

Ein's a well-rounded character to main. Good pokes, defense, and damage.
Oh absolutely. I've been messing around with him a lot and I'm loving his tools. He seems like a character I can really get behind.

Welcome to all the new folk.
The warm welcome is much appreciated!

Welcome to FreeStepDodge and the community, bro! Glad to see you're giving DOA5U a shot. I doubt you'll have issues learning the game, but if you have any questions of any kind, feel free to hit me up on Skype.
Good to see you, Hajin! The game is a bit different from VF, but I think I've got the hang of it on a basic level now. We'll see where it goes from here. I'll be sure to ask questions on Skype when I hit a wall or two in the learning process.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Hello. I have joined the forum to learn more about DOA and exercise knowledge in game play. Most of my history consists of either KOF or Tekken.
DOA has really piqued my interest as another IP I want to focus on as a FG player, especially with the new installments known as DOA5/DOA5U. I look forward to playing the awesome people of this site.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Welcome to FreeStepDodge and to the DOA community, GreatDarkHero. It's really great to see players from other communities are interested in DOA5U and are giving a shot. It's a solid game and I hope you come to enjoy it.

If you have any questions, feel free to post up here or in any of the respective threads or sub-forums about said information you're seeking.

Infamous Geezer

Hi folks I`ve been playing DOA5 for about 3 months now. I`m mainly a VF5 Final Showdown player and I was stoked that Akira, Pai and Sarah made it into DOA5/Ultimate. Those are my main characters for now. I`m interested to learn Hitomi, Kokoro and possibly Ein.

On other news I attend a fighting games scene here in Scotland, Aberdeen. I mainly play DOA5 U and VF5:FS. There are set ups for SSFIV AE, MvC3, Persona Arena, KOF XIII and others. I like to mix things up though. I`ll put on games like Garou, 3rd Strike, KOF98, Samurai Shodown II and Fatal Fury Special if anyone is interested in playing them.

You can find the group on Facebook - RESET: Aberdeen. Also Reset Aberdeen on Twitter. So if there are any Scottish players here it would be nice to play some local offline games.

It takes place here every Sunday from 6pm - 11pm
The Old School House
Little Belmont St, Aberdeen AB10 1JG

Apologies for making my introduction becoming an advert! Is it worth adding to the Events/Calendar?

Malfury

Hello, I'm Malfury.

I've been playing Tekken, DoA, SC and VF from their birth for many years but never tried to play them at a high level til Tekken 6, DoA 4 (I guess lol), SC4 and VF5. I'm not well known or anything and rarely attend tourneys because I'm in the military and the fact that my base is literally in the middle of nowhere.

tl;dr

I main Pai, sub Leifang.

AkaShocka

Hello, I'm Malfury.

I've been playing Tekken, DoA, SC and VF from their birth for many years but never tried to play them at a high level til Tekken 6, DoA 4 (I guess lol), SC4 and VF5. I'm not well known or anything and rarely attend tourneys because I'm in the military and the fact that my base is literally in the middle of nowhere.

tl;dr

I main Pai, sub Leifang.
Welcome to the forums buddy!!!
You are in the military? That's great so is my uncle.
Do you prefer playing DOA on PSN or XboxLive?

Ragna

Hi there, my name is Ragna ^-^

I have been playing a few fighting games such as Soul Calibur, Blazblue, and Injustice, but I have never really gotten into those games competitively since I never really found myself a competitive fighter. Anyway, I'm fairly new to DoA and I've never really played a DoA game before, other than playing it at a friend's house in the past. A friend of mine told me about Core Fighters and how it was F2P, so I decided to download it and now I'm in love with it. Since I only have the 4 ninjas, I'm using Kasumi as my main right now and am complete trash xD. At the moment, I am trying to decide on a new main that I will buy. I am currently thinking of getting Ein because he seems to suit my playstyle.

Well, anyway, I hope I get to know all of you and I plan on having a good time here and maybe even improve a little bit! :D

Malfury

Welcome, man! I highly suggest the stickied thread about proper ways to train and look up some videos on Ein to see if he's your thing before buying him :).

Brute

Standard Donor
Welcome. Look forward to seeing you on PSN sometime.

Or offline, depending on where you live.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD