New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

KwonJigglypuff

Hello everyone,
I'm here to find some tips and lessons to know more about DOA and how to break it down. I want to be a real fighter with Helena. Hopefully you guys will help me in DOA5. Reading your threads and tutorials is very interesting.

See you! :)

LunaKage

What's up FSD, my name is LunaKage, and I've been "Playing" DOA since the demo for DOA2 came out for the dreamcast, it was also the very first fighter I ever played. I was a young kid at the time so obviously finding players in my area wasn't so much networking as it was "Gee I sure hope my tight knit group of friends will play with me" long story short: They didn't.

As I got older I learned how to actually play fighting games instead of just hammering on the buttons and hoping it worked, and as such, with DOA5 right around the corner, I wanted to revisit my first love and see if I could do it right. I asked my friend XDest where I could find the SRK of DOA games, and he directed me here.

Serious DOA play is a whole new monster compared to the other fighters I've gotten used to, so consider me a sponge, I wanna learn as much as possible, and I hope eventually I can give back to the community

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Welcome LunaKage, and thank XDest for me for his kind referral. You'll find many people here who share in your story. Hope you have fun around here.

xD3VILMANx

Hi everybody, sorry I never ventured out of the DOA5 section so I didn’t see this post until today. My names Raul and I’m an old fan of the DOA series. My first time playing was when the PSX version was released. Had a lot of fun playing the game and unlocking costumes with friends. Then I picked up the Dreamcast version and basically every version I can get my hands on. I’ve never been the best at DOA but I really enjoy playing it. I’m really enjoying the site and meeting new people who also enjoy the game. Right now I’m really looking forward to DOA5.

Thank you

Tenren

welcome D3vilman
you may want to change your font to grey, Thus of us with FSD dark theme cant read it lol

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
No prob. If I had the option, I'd remove the font color option from the doc, but I can't so I live with it.

Allan Paris

I was a young kid at the time so obviously finding players in my area wasn't so much networking as it was "Gee I sure hope my tight knit group of friends will play with me" long story short: They didn't.

I am starting to come across MI players for DOA quite often, now. I am not there now, but I will be at the end of this year or at the beginning of the next. I will most definitely get at you when I get back. I'm from Detroit, Oak P is not that far out, as you know already. I am looking into a few places to setup a scene in. Good to see another MI player.

PhoenixVFIRE

I also realized that I haven't introduced myself here.(I have seen this thread just never really gave it much thought >_>)
Anyway, I'm PhoenixVFIRE and I started playing DOA when DOA3 came out for the Xbox. My parents, cousin and I were at a CompUSA and they had an Xbox there to play and had the DOA3 demo. My cousin and I approached it and played. I fell in love.

DOA is my main reason I have an Xbox/360 and is my all time favorite fighter with MK coming second. DOA is the first fighter I took seriously, I even remember the first time I learned how to do counters and everything(Thinking to myself, my cousins won't spam attacks on me anymore, OH NO! LOL) Good times.

I also played DOAU2(which I'll admit I was confused as to why it went from 3 to 2U? I was young and didn't realize it was a remake >_>) I was SO excited for online play, took forever to get used to some of the changes from 3 to 2U, love the costumes, which the made me seriously dislike DOA4's very small selection.

I'm eagerly awaiting DOA5 and I hope to see everyone play again.(Xbox live is not what it used to be for me personally and I'm hoping DOA5 will bring some of that back or more).

LunaKage

I am starting to come across MI players for DOA quite often, now. I am not there now, but I will be at the end of this year or at the beginning of the next. I will most definitely get at you when I get back. I'm from Detroit, Oak P is not that far out, as you know already. I am looking into a few places to setup a scene in. Good to see another MI player.

Yeah we don't exactly have a booming DOA scene. The only real scenes we have are SF4, UMvC3, and the BlazBlue scene I'm a part of.

The BB scene has like 3 guys I know of who play DOA at all, but I know there is a few more of us who are willing to mash around in it. I know MI as a whole also has Ryujin, who from what I hear was a really awesome player.

Jin Masters

Wussup FSD new to the site but not new to the community. Alot of people may know me as Newbornathlete from back in the days. Excited about doa5, look forward to grinding many hours to it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD