System New Rank System Is Horrible

extravagant

Okay, so I'm new to this game. I just started DoA5U like today, two hours ago.

I hopped onto ranked match to battle people. I moved up a few grades easily within the first 30 minutes. I noticed that because I was new, a bunch of players didnt know who I was.

However after beating several people effortlessly, after a while everyone rejected to play against me. I guess they hate my style? It's not lag, our connection was fine.

I hate how it shows player's ID because it just lets people cherry pick play you.

Drake Aldan

You have a couple of options.

You can play Throwdowns, which may or may not result in denials (if you receive a red prompt you fight automatically)

or, you can just make your own lobby with a small amount of slots and swear off Ranked forever. (I choose the latter.)

To be honest I don't mind staying at C. The "Japanese Single-Elimination" format of Ranked just ends up breeding bad habits anyway.

AkaShocka

The only thing that should show up is your region and connection and your name.
Showing your stats and your character is why these people decline and cherry pick their way to high rank.

Malfury

I think nothing but connection should be shown until game starts, and you pick your char before "lobbying up" in a pool of players. Just like TTT2

Nobus3r1

I think nothing but connection should be shown until game starts, and you pick your char before "lobbying up" in a pool of players. Just like TTT2
This would certainly help with people cherry-picking their opponents. Let's put it this way. You know a games online ranked system is bad when it makes Street Fighter IV's online ranked system look good. IMO pretty much every company that makes fighting games that isn't Arc Systems Works (ASW) should be copying ASW with regards to how online is handled (and button config utilities but that's a whole other issue).

Nobus3r1

SFIV's ranking system is the best right now lmao
SFIV's ranking system is acceptable. It is, however, not the best. The inability to filter by connection is its Achilles heel. Being able to filter by region is not the same thing. It also doesn't help that SFIV "lies" to the player about the quality of the opponents connection (but that's a netcode issue not a matchmaking one).

To me for the "best" online you could sample pretty much any recent Arc Systems Works game as even if each version of BlazBlue did something a bit different from the previous and even if Persona 4: Arena also did its own thing. Each system provided a steady stream of playable matches which is something that, so far, DoA5U cannot even begin to claim.

Malfury

Not gonna lie. ASW has had the cleanest netcode I've ever experienced in a fighter. Wasn't VF:FS pretty good as well tho?

Kurt

It has nothing to do with your connection, or your Fighting Experience, its 1 simple reason:

If you loose to someone lower ranked, than you loose a LOT of ranking points, yet you gain almost nothing for winning, If someone wants to gain ranks, the only way is fighting vs equal or higher ranked people.

Its cherry picking, like in all other OnlineFighters, nothing new.

The only way to solve this is to remove those stupid "Don't fight the same opponent" options, hiding ranks and adjust the point-system

Nobus3r1

The only way to solve this is to remove those stupid "Don't fight the same opponent" options, hiding ranks and adjust the point-system
IMO the don't repeat last opponent is there in the event that you run into someone with an aggressively terrible connection.
I'm fine with how the point system works. Either farm the weaklings for a big win streak, or challenge yourself against more difficult opponents.
This. To me online matches are an extension of training mode. Opponents = randomly programmed training dummies.

Brute

Standard Donor
Thing is, the displayed "connection" is useless, as often it'll say 4-5 bars, I accept, then get in the fight and they'll be a 1 bar. And sometimes 1 bar is actually fairly smooth. Other times a 4 bar opponent is laggy as hell.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Brute, while I agree with your statement on connection, I can't help but be creeped out by your avatar.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD