New Character for DoA5U Arcade

Kronin

I character who is a clone of Nicole and Another "Ninja" is not what I call new characters, but its just My opinion. And to be honest don't make much sense add a new character since the new character will not take role of the story. Momiji and Rachel for example.

From a gameplay point of view, a new character is someone that bring a new moveset and fighting style in the game. So you can talk about Rachel being a clone of Nicole, but doesn't make sense to say that Momiji is not a new character because a "ninja".

I like the story of DoA and I would have wished an active role in the story mode by all the new characters added in DoA5U. Anyway I know that this isn't the first priority of a character in a fighting game and however you can be sure that they will be included in DoA6 story.

Last edited:

Dacthunder

I character who is a clone of Nicole and Another "Ninja" is not what I call new characters, but its just My opinion. And to be honest don't make much sense add a new character since the new character will not take role of the story. Momiji and Rachel for example.
All that is saying is that you don't like ANY of the characters so far. And we've had 4 new characters Mila,Rig,Momiji, and maybe Rachel depending on whether or not you believe she's a Nicole clone.

He have a plenty big character roster we don't exactly need anouther new character at the moment.

If they are already known, to me that's not really a brand new character, yeah new to the game, but how about someone never before seen and fresh being COMPLETELY new (much more interesting) Other games seem to be doing it well. There are ONLY two brand new characters, what you are saying only fits into the "more character category " not the "NEW character category" I already known who Rachel and Momiji is. That's only you thinking irrational, if I didn't like characters already in the game, I would not have purchased it lol.

For new characters not in story mode really has no relevance because the story is really only based on the ninjas. Considering we got characters not in the story mode demonstrates that pretty much any character can get in, whether brand new or not.

Most likely though, there will probably not be any brand new characters at all.

Kronin

Very likely you have already noticed it (I have the game just from few days), however I wanted post what inside the game seems to suggest the idea of a planned 30th character:

- In the random filter page for the characters, in the lower right corner appear to be just an empty space for including another name;
- In the movie victory pose section, the last row ends with an empty place suitable to be reserved to 3 new animations;
- In the movie lose pose section, the last row ends with an empty place suitable to be reserved to 1 new animation;
- In the statistic section, the list of characters is formed by three pages, the first showing the characters from the 1st to the 10th position, the second one from the 11th to the 20th position, the third one from the 20th (that so is repeated) to the 29th position;
- Lastly there is always the presence in the character selection of an "useless" second dice.

The date of the announcement of the next character for the Arcade (while DoA5U wasn't still full released) should make it obvious, however the elements listed over should dissipate any doubt about the later release of the character like DLC.

PS: In the random filter page for the stages there is an empty place suitable to include three new ones: maybe they will be released sooner or later? According to me a new stages together with the next character is possible.

Last edited:

Argentus

The only "new" character in DOA5 was Mila. Rig is your standard kicker (literally nothing about him is new, every little details gives off a "i swear I've seen him before" vibe), rachels just a rehash of nicole, and momiji is just another ninja.

Mila is the only truly new character in this game. Tomboyish latina MMA fangirl? That's a new one, not just to DOA, but fighting games as a whole.

So recap,
Rig is generic.down to the cellular level.
Rachel and momiji are from ninja Gaiden. And their fighting styles are rehashes of existing characters.
Mila, brand spanking new. Closest to not new is shes a punching redhead like Vanessa, and she has a mount tackle like Leon.

Also I hope its not tengu. Im against playable boss.characters

Last edited:

DR2K

The only "new" character in DOA5 was Mila. Rig is your standard kicker (literally nothing about him is new, every little details gives off a "i swear I've seen him before" vibe), rachels just a rehash of nicole, and momiji is just another ninja.

Mila is the only truly new character in this game. Tomboyish latina MMA fangirl? That's a new one, not just to DOA, but fighting games as a whole.

So recap,
Rig is generic.down to the cellular level.
Rachel and momiji are from ninja Gaiden. And their fighting styles are rehashes of existing characters.
Mila, brand spanking new. Closest to not new is shes a punching redhead like Vanessa, and she has a mount tackle like Leon.

Also I hope its not tengu. Im against playable boss.characters

Your definition of new is busted.

Codemaster92163

Genra was also pretty cool. More unique than Tengu, but not quite as...well...awesome. Tengu is just amazing, whichever way you look at it (apart from his tier placement).

If they would add Genra, however, he'd have to lose his P+K lightning strikes, his 4P+K (I think that was the notation) fire blast, and his 2P+K wind shot. Maybe he could keep the windshot, but it'd have to have even less range than it did in DOAD. Also, he'd need safer stance transitions, and a less broken 6T.

I know Tengu is awesome, guys. And I really want him, but Genra wouldn't be such a bad choice either.

David Gregg

^Unfortunately I dealt with way too many projectile spammers in DOAD and shutter now every time I see the word "Genra" and "playable" near each other.

Jaguar360

If Genra were to come in, I'd shorten the range on 6P+K and 2P+K dramatically and make P+K more of a mid-range attack. I'd also lessen the frame advantage for T on normal and counter throw because that gets 129 damage guaranteed on middle and light weights in Dimensions.

Tengu for DOA5UA however despite how much I like Genra.

ShinQuan

Im not thinking itll be a brand new character...most likely a guest again or maybe a boss. Is the majority of the DOA FGC REALLY that interested in seeing Tengu back as a hyped character?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD