Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Yaiba

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other

Votes: 64 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AsheMann21

To be honest, I don't care about how the new girl is going to look or what her fighting style is. I'm just glad we're getting another character. Characters and stages add way more replay value than costumes, imo. How much I like/hate her or if I'm going to use her at all is best reserved until her release.

So, I'll just wait and see. I won't be disappointed if I don't expect anything.

Kronin

I'm glad that we are getting new characters me too, this bring new life to the game adding more replay value and study from a gameplay point: I think that this alone shouild be agood news for the standard audience of FSD and in general for the competitive scene behind DoA5LR. Then of course I hope to get for the new chara a fighting style and a look that would appear interesting to me (even if I think to not have already problems for the latter considering that usually I like the pure "anime" characters).

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Honestly, the only reason I am even getting this game is because of the new girl. I already knew the guy (Cyber Raidou) was going to be a bleh character that I wouldn't care about, they are only 2 stages in Last Round and are both not all that, only a few new costumes are included, majority of the dlc costumes I liked or cared for aren't going to be free unlockables, and no new modes are in the game.

The new girl seems like she'll be a cute pirate which seems pretty interesting, and if she is curvy then that will be another plus. So she is the main hype for me getting LR. Can't wait until I see her reveal.

David Gregg

Brute

Standard Donor
Where You Should Be
THREAD TOPIC

SGG_Dont_Make_Me_Tell_You_Again.gif

FatalxInnocence

Hmmm? I'm not sure why people are seemingly negative towards her. She already looks pretty original for a DOA character ( and by that I mean she doesn't seem like any of the other characters currently on the DOA roster, so that's always a bonus imo. ) I like diversity in the cast- and whether she turns out to be a pirate ninja, a super sonico wannabe or whatever, I think I'll be fine with her. In the end the only thing I'll care about is how she fights... so I just hope her moveset is appealing.

Argentus

Hmmm? I'm not sure why people are seemingly negative towards her. She already looks pretty original for a DOA character ( and by that I mean she doesn't seem like any of the other characters currently on the DOA roster, so that's always a bonus imo. ) I like diversity in the cast- and whether she turns out to be a pirate ninja, a super sonico wannabe or whatever, I think I'll be fine with her. In the end the only thing I'll care about is how she fights... so I just hope her moveset is appealing.
Lotta people already blew a gasket at the cliche beyond all reason loli, so they arent too keen on a second weaboo type character.

David Gregg

I think though that if Tekken 7 has taught us anything it's to not act like a bunch of spoiled brats if the new character doesn't appeal to us. If I was Harada I would have trolled fans too given the way some of those jack@sses were acting with the reveal of Lucky Chloe. If you don't like a character, there are ways to give feedback without sounding like a 10 year old who is throwing a fit. Just remember that TN could have announced a current gen/PC DOA5U port with no new content and have been done with 5 for good so I think we should be appreciative they took the time to create another fighter and an original one at that. An additional 10 fighters and 9 stages since the original vanilla release is impressive for a 3D fighter imo.

lotr9690

I looked up the term weaboo lol! I love it.
be-a-weeaboo.jpg
i don't get it
It's a Japanese performance thing. If she uses a gender-restrictive voice that means speaking in falsetto, using words intended for "cute (kawaii)" characters. It's hard to explain in English. It's a complex gender concept that automatically triggers me to hate a character. My post just meant that if she is the worst case scenario (i.e. this "weaboo" lol) then I won't freak out. I'll just focus on her gameplay aspects.

FatalxInnocence

Lotta people already blew a gasket at the cliche beyond all reason loli, so they arent too keen on a second weaboo type character.

Prior to Marie, DOA was already 90% full of anime character archetypes. Not sure why it took one archetype ( Loli ) for it to become noticeable. Should note that I don't see new girl being Loli. Cutesy, most likely. But Loli, I doubt it since Marie is the first to be added and that wasn't too long ago. Not to mention they have stated she is going to have the "biggest" something. And in a game like DOA, we all know what her biggest thing is going to be. Loli's don't have mature body types. So we know she isn't going to be loli.

( I know you weren't insinuating she would be, I was just throwing it out there to be sure. )

She will probably be an anime archetype. But those familiar with every type would know that DOA is already full of them. 1 more character isn't going to make it anymore, or any less true. And to me, DOA lacks visually colourful characters. So I hope she is, and I hope DOA finally throw in a J-Rock type character. I can see her fitting the bill personally. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

That skull symbol on her glove reminds me of a clothing line called sex pot revenge. Which is popular among rock bands. So I also wouldn't be surprised if new girl turned out to be a rocker of some kind. Feel like I'm getting further and further off topic so I'll stop.

Side note; I called "other" ages ago. Thank god it wasn't Irene. -wipes sweat off forehead-

Squizzo

There is already quite a bit of negative opinion about the new girl and all we have seen of her is her hand and part of her hair. If people can manage to complain about her after such a minor reveal, then there is going to be a figurative tsunami of whining when she is officially revealed. I might just avoid this site for a few days if the response to her is anything like the way the Tekken community responded to lucky Chloe.

FatalxInnocence

@FatalxInnocence Well put. I wouldn't have thought of her as a rocker. That is reassuring to me lol.

It's just a thought. I'm assuming the skull-printed glove is her default costume, and the default costumes are usually the defining point of the character. Which could suggest- her style could be a Japanese trend known as oshare kei (more of a music term, but whatever), she could be the western equivalent of that which is "emo/scene" or she could actually just be a straight up pirate... or a punk girl. I'm hoping she's a rocker though ;P

lotr9690

... I'm hoping she's a rocker though ;P
Me too!! :)
I know I've said this before but I don't want another character like Patty Fleur from Tales of Vesperia in DOA. Don't get me wrong I love ToV but... that character was always a head scratcher to me. Not to mention she kept saying "nanoja" after everything like an old lady.

Argentus

Prior to Marie, DOA was already 90% full of anime character archetypes. Not sure why it took one archetype ( Loli ) for it to become noticeable. Should note that I don't see new girl being Loli. Cutesy, most likely. But Loli, I doubt it since Marie is the first to be added and that wasn't too long ago. Not to mention they have stated she is going to have the "biggest" something. And in a game like DOA, we all know what her biggest thing is going to be. Loli's don't have mature body types. So we know she isn't going to be loli.

( I know you weren't insinuating she would be, I was just throwing it out there to be sure. )

She will probably be an anime archetype. But those familiar with every type would know that DOA is already full of them. 1 more character isn't going to make it anymore, or any less true. And to me, DOA lacks visually colourful characters. So I hope she is, and I hope DOA finally throw in a J-Rock type character. I can see her fitting the bill personally. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

That skull symbol on her glove reminds me of a clothing line called sex pot revenge. Which is popular among rock bands. So I also wouldn't be surprised if new girl turned out to be a rocker of some kind. Feel like I'm getting further and further off topic so I'll stop.

Side note; I called "other" ages ago. Thank god it wasn't Irene. -wipes sweat off forehead-

Well, let me put it this way.

If you saw an image of any of the other DOA characters, they are distinctive enough (except maybe, like Jann lee or arguably Rig) that you'd immediately go "hey, its that DOA character".

But even knowing who Marie Rose is, its hard to tell if its a picture/art of her, or any of the other number of identical indistinguishable pigtailed lolis she shares a design with.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
But even knowing who Marie Rose is, its hard to tell if its a picture/art of her, or any of the other number of identical indistinguishable pigtailed lolis she shares a design with.
That's why she was made. She was made to appeal to anime watchers. She wasn't made to be different, she was made to resemble other loli characters in order to get people to play DOA5U in the arcades.

Never forget that she was THE incentive to get Japanese people putting their 100Yen coins into that cabinet to play the new character. (Unless some who were playing DOA before this, and just wanted to play it in the arcades with people for that easy offline experience.)

She could have been arcade exclusive, but from what I remember, people did indeed want her to come to consoles. It would've been nice to have her look different, and be more unique, but MR is just a bonus character that we didn't need, but was nice to have. The only DLC character we ACTUALLY needed was Nyo-Tengu.

Jadeinchains

Well when it comes to the idea that she might be otaku, We don't even know what nationality she is. (And the english dub doesn't mean anything because they are almost always american) so she could still be from any country. I hope doa6 has more diverse characters because the most diverse character country wise in doa5 was Mila being ("Spanish" <- sure TN).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD