New Character and Stage Contest

David Gregg

So I apologize I knew it would get too messy if I tried doing this in the Casual thread. It deserves it's own thread I think though b/c you (yes YOU) can win. :p

Vote on which character and stage you predict is going to be released next in DOA5U (if either of the two happen). This isn't a vote on who/what location you want but the ones you think have the highest chances if TN decided to add more. I'm going to list characters and stages and here's the tough part: YOU MUST PICK ONLY 1 FROM EACH CATEGORY. (Yes that means only put 1 character and 1 stage in your response. lol)

Characters:
Yaiba, Irene, Tengu, Nikki, Raidou, Miss Monday, Donovan, Rio, Genra, Miyako

Stages:
Destroyed Lab, Retro Lab (from DOA2, 3, or 4), Aerial Gardens, Dragon Hills, Demon Church, Great Opera, Miyama, Freedom Survivor, Aquarium

Feel free to pick your own character and/or stage if you don't like any of the choices. I'm going to make a note of who participates and winners (have to get both character and stage right) get the ultimate photoshop+gif+something-else-I'll-decide-later present from me.

Feel free to change your choice at any time (it would be better to make new reply rather than edit your old one b/c then I won't be notified of the change).

You have until either the next stage or new character is revealed (and a new stage may be coming soon so get cracking!). Once that happens your answers are locked.

Current Contestants:
@Jaguar360 : Irene + Aerial Gardens
@Brute : Irene + Destroyed Lab
@KwonJigglypuff : Tengu + Destroyed Lab
@Kodachi : Miss Monday + Aerial Gardens
@Chapstick : Irene + Destroyed Lab
@Forlorn Penguin : Tengu + Aerial Gardens
@Blazeincarnated : Irene + Dragon Hills
@Argentus : Nicole + DOATEC HK
@Hoya Destroyer : Irene + Aerial Gardens
@ManekiNeko : Nikki + Freedom Survivor

@Darkton93 : New Character + DOATEC HK
@EMPEROR_COW : Tengu + Aerial Gardens
@werewolfgold : Irene + Aerial Gardens
@FatalxInnocence : Aoi + Kyoto in Bloom
@Kronin : Tengu + Aerial Gardens
@Number 13 : Genra + Demon’s Church
@gnooz : Tengu + New Stage
@Rawbietussin : Hitomi’s Dad + Blanca
@Xernuht : Irene + Freedom Survivor
@Squizzo : Yaiba + Aerial Gardens
@Tyaren : Tengu + Aerial Garden
@Russian-chiropractic19 : Irene + New Stage

@Patrick Wimmer : New Character + New Stage
@Yurlungur : Aoi + Crimson Stage
@Project Bokuho : Irene + Freedom Survivor
@TOBMAST3R : Raidou + New High School Stage
@Sly Bass : Yaiba + Demon Church

@legibifou : New Character + Broken Lab
@Klts3 : Irene + Demon's Church
@Aspect : Irene + Dragon Hills
@Nameless Sama : Tengu + Aerial Gardens
@deathofaninja : Tengu + Demon Church
@Dacthunder : Tengu + New Stage
@synce : Miyako + Miyama

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Well, if it's "most likely" not "most wanted," my vote would actually go to Irene and Destroyed Lab.

Kronin

I have a question David, but for next character and stage you mean exactly what will accompany an eventual third DLC character? Or maybe the assumption will be considered valid even if the character "X" together with the stage "Y" should be added also like fifth character (for example)?

(I know that this is just a simple game and I don't want take it too much seriously, it's just that I'm thinking to this question since yesterday... XD)

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Characters:
Yaiba, Irene, Tengu, Nikki, Raidou, Miss Monday, Donovan, Rio, Genra, Miyako

Stages:
Destroyed Lab, Retro Lab (from DOA2, 3, or 4), Aerial Gardens, Dragon Hills, Demon Church, Great Opera, Miyama, Freedom Survivor, Aquarium
Yaiba
Demon Church

legibifou

Let's play this game :)
I guess we might have a new character with Tengu's moves.
... but I'm not sure about having a new stage, I bet on a variation of a DOA5/DOA5U stage (ex: climat variation, theme variation or - and I would bet on this - a day/night variation). Hard to say which one though.
(let me think a second)
... yes, destroyed lab!

David Gregg

Actually, my pick is not Tengu/Miyama, it's Someone Completely New/No New Stage.

Saying no stage is fine but it's to your benefit to pick a location. The contest is only going off of who/what is revealed so if no stage is ever revealed then I'll only go off of who picked the right new character. But then if a stage is revealed, you'll automatically be eliminated even if you have the right character.

I have a question David, but for next character and stage you mean exactly what will accompany an eventual third DLC character?

No. The next character after Phase 4 and the next location after Normal Lorelei. ;)

gnooz

A stage from another world would be cool because Tengu can travel between worlds lol. Just like Tekken Tag 2 Fallen Garden but darker and different this means I want a new stage yes this stage is perfect for multi tier, Tengu can teleport fighters another world with his power blow lol just imagine...

David Gregg

All answers are temporarily locked at this point as the Destroyed Lab bgm has been confirmed to be playing in one of the Phase 4 gameplay vids. If it ends up simply being P4's theme and the destroyed lab isn't actually in the game then the contest can resume.

synce

Predictions for this year's DOA5 arcade update, in release order:

Spring - Phase 4
Summer - Miyako
Fall - Tengu (coinciding with DOA5UA disc release)

Also Miyama will return

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD