Moves that eat wake-up kicks

TRI Mike

I have to admit that for me, one of the most annoying things about DOA are wake-up kicks. I usually have a lot of problems against them and see myself getting trapped between a wall and a downed opponent. Still, I've seen several characters interrupt them many times with moves like some Zack's knee attack and Bayman's low sweep (I have no idea about the commands since I don't play those two). So I'd like to ask anyone who knows to make a list of the moves you know are able to interrupt these kicks.

I'm especially interested in Tina, Hele, Fang, Fu, Lee, Busa and Mila but we should definitely go for every character.

Brute

Standard Donor
Well, Sarah has the bullshit P+K move that will swipe 'em both because it crushes lows and parries mid-kicks, but that's something different from, say, Jan Lee's jump-kick.

After the 1.03 patch, if your move connects on the EXACT frame the wake-up kick does, yours will beat it out. I've used the Shoho Izuna in this way before.

Koompbala

Tina she got 4P+K and 6H+K. She got setups for this, but I'm working on a guide for her so hold a little longer. Fu he got H+K its a mid in this game so it covers both.

TRI Mike

I'm impossible to hit a wake-up kick in the exact frame every time, that's ridiculous. They should be sidesteppable or something.

Doa_Eater

Anything that's a single hit for Tina would interrupt, even moves with hi properties like H+K, just good luck getting the timing right. You're talking about beating up the trade right?

ErickBello

If well timed Kasumi's 9K can destroy low wake ups and you can follow up with 4PKK. Also 9P+K does it too leading to guaranteed damage, because it leaves the opponent in BT status. There are other moves too but I don't remember them now.

ninjaguy446

Helena can 9K or BT 6P+K over low wake-up kicks. If you anticipate a mid wake-up kick, you can bokuho duck over and throw them right afterwards. The BKO duck is extremely useful when it comes to countering mid wake-up kicks. Plus you don't get CH if you BKO duck and they low kick.

Koompbala

Anything that's a single hit for Tina would interrupt, even moves with hi properties like H+K, just good luck getting the timing right. You're talking about beating up the trade right?

Indeed I even accidentally beat a Mid wake up kick with her K. I was like whoops and just went with it.

Mesharey

Hitomi, Jann Lee and Ayane can use 9K against low wake-up kick.
Hitomi has 8 H+K against low wake-up.
Sometimes you can use Ayane BT 8K against both mid and low wake-up kick, but the time is hard.
Mila 9 H+K against low wake-up kick.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Helena can 9K or BT 6P+K over low wake-up kicks. If you anticipate a mid wake-up kick, you can bokuho duck over and throw them right afterwards. The BKO duck is extremely useful when it comes to countering mid wake-up kicks. Plus you don't get CH if you BKO duck and they low kick.

A good opponent will see that you're in Bokuho stance and do the low wake-up kick. How fast can you transition out of it and do a low counter hold?

TRI Mike

I have to remember to edit the first post with what people post here after trying them out. It'd be excellent for everyone to have attacks that eat all wake-ups. Helena's BKO duck is excellent but I sometimes don't get the timing right. It's annoying.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I know Hayate's :P+K: can beat mid kicks (found out completely on accident at ECT5).
His :3::H+K: is the most obvious low beat out.

Mila has :9::P: and :3::H+K: on low kicks (I prefer low holding as you can get a guaranteed ground throw Side Mount afterwards). Haven't experimented with mid kick beat outs simply because going for the mid kick hold is a much better option (the actual hold damage and Mount options as a followup).

ninjaguy446

A good opponent will see that you're in Bokuho stance and do the low wake-up kick. How fast can you transition out of it and do a low counter hold?
That is not a problem though. You're supposed to BKO duck once they're already in the kicking animation. You want to immediately be in BKO duck and not in BKO. If you're in neutral and you do 2P+K but kind of mash 2 right after you pres P+K then you'll auto enter BKO duck. If you don't understand what I mean, here's a video I just made for reference. I duck it at different speeds, too, if you pay attention. At first I show you what I mean, and then I duck early and then late and it shows how it'll work no matter what.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Not sure if this works in DOA5 but in DOAD I would use Alpha-152's :8::F+P: to punish whiffed get-up kicks while the opponent was still on the ground. Just be close enough to where they think they can hit you and as soon as the foot is about to hit you, do :8::F+P: and it'll connect as soon as they're getting up. Not really "beating" wake-ups but still...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD