Momiji's safe moves and frame advantage

Einzelkind

Before everything gets put into one single thread, I thought I'd create one for her safe moves. Maybe we should start a new thread for all the important basics (safe moves, juggles etc.) to keep things neat and tidy. If I forgot some moves, just let me know.

Moves that are safe on block:

:P: +0

:2::P: -5

(:P::P:) :4::P: -4

:P::P::P::P: -3

:P::P::6::P: -3

:6::6::P: -5

:3::P::P: -3

:214::P::P:/BT :P+K: -3

:6::P+K:
/SS :P: -3

:4::K:
/SS :K: -5

:9::K: -5

:4::4::K: -3

:H+K: (that's a weird one; changes from -5 to -7 depending on the distance to the enemy)

BT :4::P: -3

running :H+K: +1 (hidden move)

Advantage on block:

Uzukaze :K: +14

Tenku :K: +7

:214::P+K: +6

"borderline" unsafe on block:

:P::P: -6

:214::P: -6

:214::P::P+K: -6

:K::K: -6

Last edited:

synce

I thought -6 was throw punishable by everyone and -5 by grapplers only? Anyway thanks for grouping this all together :)

Einzelkind

I just thought, if I'm doing this anyway, might as well add the moves that leave her at -6. If you're at -6 and the character you're fighting against doesn't have a 6 frame throw (so everyone but grapplers) they can only punish the move with their 5 frame throw, which can be broken, can't it? Or have I been misinformed this whole time?

synce

Edit: Disregard me, I was being stupid lol -5 is indeed safe

Last edited:

Omegan Eckhart

On topic: I'm actually having a fun time with Moomooju. She doesn't feel BS which is nice. I feel dirty when I play Rachel...

Nuke-Nin

Everyone take note, how on block you should abuse dat Double Jump to get the advantage on block JK

Princess Kasumi

thats a lot of safe strikes.
Its like they want Momiji to take kasumi's spotlight and become the main character of DOA

kasumi being all unsafe while Momiji is safe. lol

Saber

Having a ton of trouble dealing damage as Momiji, but I wanna pick her up.
That shouldn't be a problem. Momiji has one of the best stun to launch games as of now, because she can get extremely good damage off of minimal launch height.

Granted, she could use a slight damage boost, a change for her DJ Throw to be an OH, a tracking move from DJ (preferably her throw), and some lows from her P string.

Other than that, she's good.

vINv

On topic: I'm actually having a fun time with Moomooju. She doesn't feel BS which is nice. I feel dirty when I play Rachel...
rachel is slow and has one fps adv move on block alot of her strings are ss so idk y u said that shes pretty much doa 5 bass mixed with spartan 66k woot plus four 20fps start up she has work like every one else ppl need to study fps._.

NightAntilli

No guaranteed punishes in VF until -10 (throw punish).

Thanks for the list, saved me dojo time :cool:
Throw punishes are not guaranteed either since they can be broken by pressing throw in the opposite direction that the opponent used.
On the flipside, using real unsafe moves in those games (-14 or worse) will often get you a free launch for max damage, unlike DOA where you have to stun first to get respectable damage from a launcher.

@ OP: Nice list, I'll definitely be keeping this stuff in mind when I pick her up.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD