[May 17, 2013] BAM5 - Battle Arena Melbourne 5th Anniversary May 17-19 (Melbourne VIC)

Berzerk!

Battle Arena Melbourne returns with its Fifth anniversary event - BAM5!

One of the longest running national tournaments that attracts fighting game players from across Australia, continuing a tradition that CouchWarriors began with monthly events since 2006. BAM is set to feature approx 300 players, a huge event in the Australian FGC calendar.

DOA5 IS A FEATURED TOURNAMENT - SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND JOIN IN!
SPECIAL PRIZES FOR DOA AND EVERY ENTRANT RECEIVES FREE DLC!

IMG_1207.jpg

With a huge Prize pack from DOA5 Australian distributor Mindscape to be revealed this week.

Official site with Schedule and Registration info:

www.couchwarriors.org/bam

Facebook: www.facebook.com/CouchWarriors Twitter: www.twitter.com/CouchWarriors #BAM5
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/587593197917660/

Features - 3 Day event! Entertainment including live chip music, interstate Exhibition matches Special guests and major prizes!

Regional qualifiers:
Melbourne: Shadowlogic, April 21 (THIS WEEKEND) https://www.facebook.com/events/555230214499506/?fref=ts
Adelaide: Arena LAN Cafe, April 29 * Link TBC
Sydney,: Ozhadou York St Battles, May 4 - http://www.ozhadou.net/ozhadou-ysb17-bam5-qualifier/

LIVE STREAM As part of the Melbourne community we have an equipment and live streaming partnership with www.twitch.tv/ShadowlooHQ

Special International Guest: Jonny “Humanbomb” Cheng (Hong Kong) world class Street Fighter 4 player, 2012 EVO top 5, returning 2010 BAM champion, 2011 Ozhadou champion.

INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us prequel comic writer TOM TAYLOR will be in attendance signing comics and games, and there will be comic giveaways thanks to All Star Comics

Music performance: In partnership with Sound Bytes, Chiptunes musician Pselodux will open BAM5 Friday night entertainment with a blistering spacerock set, bringing together the chiptunes and competitive gaming scenes in a festival of gaming

The event has the largest lineup of titles reflecting the strong emphasis on inclusivity and community growth that is CouchWarriors hallmark, with Casual play well accommodated.

NewGamePlus.TV will be on hand for player interviews and coverage

Official tournaments include:
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition v2012
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
The King of Fighters XIII
Street Fighter X Tekken
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Dead or Alive 5
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Super Smash Bros Melee
Injustice: Gods Among Us Launch tournament

Special Events
Exhibition matches (TBC)
Pselodux Live Chipmusic set
Tom Taylor Injustice Signing
Mortal Kombat Exhibition
DIY tournaments and more to be announced.

Major Sponsors and Prizes - visit the site for announcements and details.

Tones

Premium Donor
I have a fight booked for Friday the 17th and now I also have virtual fights booked that same weekend haha.

Berzerk!

Bump - remember this event is on Sunday (For DOA5)! Added an image of the stack of DLC codes to be given away.

ikodomo

I wonder what the turnout was for this tournament. Currently watching the stream. Hope the Australian scene is growing as well in the US.

Berzerk!

Well done and thank you to all the players that attended. Huge congratulations to Tones for winning his first major, a long time coming and well deserved.
Fantastic job to BigBoss and Ebabil for great showings and I had great battles with both of you.

Most of all it was good to see you guys - I promise to practice more :)

Updated results post with some info, more soon

Results:
http://www.couchwarriors.org/bampools/
This has quick links to stream archive, etc. Will update with direct link.
Pools were on the secondary stream, finals on main stream.

1. Tones
2. FM_BigBoss
3. Ebabil
4. Berzerk

Photos of the winners and the amazing DOA cosplayers at the event will be forthcoming.​

Berzerk!

Yes, that sounds right. Haven't gone back to check it myself yet :p Quiet but growing, you will notice some crossover with the VF crew and we'll build from there. Its the first tournament in a while.

FM BigBoss

Special thanks go out to all the CW and volunteers who made this happen and an extra special thanks to Berzerk! for being a one man army casting, competing and curating most of the event, not just DoA5. Not an easy job at all.
I think everyone had a great time and that's in no small part due to the tournament going off with few issues, which couldn't have happened without Berzerk!'s time and effort. So, once again, many thanks.

Much kudos to Tones who handed it to me in the end. This is a very deserved, long time coming victory and I'm glad there were so many people able to share this with you.
I am definitely looking forward to many, many more events in the future.

gg everyone!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD