Characters Marie Rose Combo and Strategy thread

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Closed stance is when you have the same foot forward. Like if both have their left foot forward. Open is when one has left foot forward and one has right foot forward.

FatalxInnocence

Closed stance is when you have the same foot forward. Like if both have their left foot forward. Open is when one has left foot forward and one has right foot forward.

Oh, ok. Is there like a picture of this so I can tell the difference? I'm recently finding out there's a fair amount about this game I had no clue about lol. I kinda have always just played the game. Since Marie though, kinda doing my best to understand the game as much as I can!

Brute

Standard Donor
Closed Stance
DOA4_Standing.png

Open Stance
DOA4_Crouching.png

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Man, the order you put those in makes it so confusing given the order I defined them. :v

EDIT: Basically, closed is if their chests are facing each other and open is if their chests are both pointing away or towards the camera.

Nereus

Standard Donor
Not sure if this was posted or not, but on lvl 2 threshold you can launch them with :7::K: and do :P::P::6::K: into :P::P::6::P::K:. Does quite a bit for just lvl 2 launch and it works on light and mid-weight. Not sure about :genfu: though.

Timasty

Not sure if it has been mentioned somewhere but her [BT] KK is really good. A few possibilities:

- [BT] KK 3P+K K [BT] P+K as a 1 guess CB setup, but it's block- / holdable at SE slow + unsafe -8FA
- [BT] KK 3P+K P tracks + low strike
- [BT] KK 3P+K T OH grab
- [BT] KK 66K crumple stun, Cr. Lvl 2 Cr. Dmg: 20/28; 1 guess CB setup

I love the [BT] KK 3P+K K CB setup. I keep on getting CB bursts with it. It's a guaranteed CB setup if your opponent tries to hold after the [BT] KK which they normally do and fail 'cause of her 3P+K roll.

Klts3

I use CB with Marie like crazy. My favourite set-ups are:
-9K4, KK, 666P (yeah, 3x6)
-KK, 3P, 6P, 66P (sometimes I'm doing 6P4, then BT throw or 2K, 66T)
-4PK, 6P4P, 66P (sometimes 8K)

FatalxInnocence

Not sure if it has been mentioned somewhere but her [BT] KK is really good. A few possibilities:

- [BT] KK 3P+K K [BT] P+K as a 1 guess CB setup, but it's block- / holdable at SE slow + unsafe -8FA
- [BT] KK 3P+K P tracks + low strike
- [BT] KK 3P+K T OH grab
- [BT] KK 66K crumple stun, Cr. Lvl 2 Cr. Dmg: 20/28; 1 guess CB setup

I love the [BT] KK 3P+K K CB setup. I keep on getting CB bursts with it. It's a guaranteed CB setup if your opponent tries to hold after the [BT] KK which they normally do and fail 'cause of her 3P+K roll.

Yeah after BT KK I tend to go with 66K. Either way it doesn't matter, BT KKK ends with a mid kick, 66K is a mid kick, and 3P+KK is a mid kick. Not really much mix up there, and most people actually counter mid kick if you don't do the BT KKK full string.

Still, 3P+K has 2 other options, so it's probably a smarter option than 66K. I feel like you could probably stagger escape out of her BT KK before the 3P+KK hits though... If you actually set the AI to faster stagger they go heaps far back making any hit after BT KK kinda impossible.

If set to fastest stagger + block does 3P+KK BT P+K still work? I know 66K after BT KK isn't guaranteed with stagger escape, so I don't imagine 3P+KK would be since it's definitely slower.

FatalxInnocence

Without SE the advantage after BT KK is +48 and 3P+KK is i44 so it's escapable on slow SE.

Yeah I checked this like immediately after hearing about 3P+KK since it guarantees a BT P+K on hit, I only just realised this hahaha. It's very easy to miss and it's throw punishable so... I'm not sure I'll be throwing it out much to be honest. I try to play as safe as possible, except with 3H+K >_>;; I stupidly spam that...and 66K in fact can't be stagger escaped, even on fastest, so I'm going to stick with that after BT KK. Though sometimes they do tend to go a bit far back if they're stagger escaping which can make it whiff...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD