[Mar 16, 2013] BEST of the Battle II (San Jose, California)

NukNuks

BEST of the Battle II

A Dead or Alive 5, Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, & Tekken Tag Tournament 2 videogame tournament on the Xbox 360

Pics from the last BOTB
417073c03c3611e2b59422000a9f13f8_7.jpg

IMG_20121203_122635.jpg

IMG_20121203_121857.jpg

IMG_20121203_121453.jpg

The Sponsors (If you would like to know more about any of the sponsors click the name to be redirected to their page)
Breezy Excursion
Hurtswell Tattoo Co.
Clout Magazine
Booger Kids
Petals & Peacocks
Halloway Clothing Company
Oak Creek Vintage
Zestwayz Clothing

The Games
Dead or Alive 5
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

When?
Saturday, March 16th, 2012
Tournament starts at 1:00pm

Where?
401 E Taylor st
Suite 130
San Jose, CA 95112
(Located in the stretch parking lot next to Gordon Biersch brewery. The suites with the blue awnings. In between Hurtswell Tattoo and Duong Sang printing)

Entrance Fee:
$10
Entrance fee money will go towards the prize pot

Venue Fee:
$10
Fee is only for participants.
Participants will receive a gift bag, bottle waters, canned sodas, and 5 raffle tickets.
No spectator fee.

Prizes
1st place: 60% of total prize pot
2nd place: 30% of total prize pot
3rd place: 10% of total prize pot

DOA5 Rules
Double Elimination
Best 3 out of 5 rounds for a match
Best 2 out 3 matches for advancement/elimination
Best 3 out of 5 sets for winners, losers, and grand finals
Bracket reset for grand finals if losers bracket player wins the 3 out of 5 set
Normal Life
60 Seconds
Random stage select
Dangerzones on
Character lock on
Loser may switch characters
If a participant accidentally presses start during a match then they will have to forfeit the round.
SSF4:AE Rules
Double elimination
Best 2 out of 3 rounds for a match
Best 2 out of 3 matches for advancement/elimination
Best 3 out of 5 matches for losers, winners, and grand finals
Character lock on
If a participant accidentally presses start during a match then they will to forfeit the round
Random stage select unless characters agree on a specific stage

UMVC3 Rules
Double Elimination
Best 2 out of 3 matches for advancement/eliminationBest 3 out of 5 matches for winners, losers, and grand finals
Bracket reset for grand finals if losers bracket player wins the 3 out of 5 setWinner has team character lock and team order lock
Loser may switch characters and team order
If a participant accidentally presses start during a match then they will have to forfeit the round.
Random Stage unless players agree on specific stage
Turbo button features are not allowed
Galacticus is banned
Auto Super Jump OFF
Normal Mode ONLY

TTT2 Rules
Double elimination
Best 3 out of 5 rounds for a match
Best 2 out of 3 matches for advancement/elimination
Best 3 out of 5 for losers, winner, and grand finals
Random stage select will be used.
Character lock for winner
Blind select is available by request.
All DLC characters are available for use.
SOLO mode is banned.

BRING YOUR OWN STICKS / BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER / NO WIRELESS CONTROLLERS!!! Participants that bring wireless controllers will have to play without their battery packs on and use the provided wire ports. If you have a charge & play kit BRING IT. Take out the battery pack and keep both pieces with you at all times. BRING YOUR OWN STICKS / BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER / NO WIRELESS CONTROLLERS!!!

Gaming will take place inside the Breezy Excursion warehouse and at Hurtswell Tattoo Co. (the suite next door). There is an abundance of parking directly in front of the venue so you won't have to worry about parking your car far from the entrance. Throughout the day there will be raffles taking place for a variety of prizes including tee shirts, hats, stickers, custom 1-of-a-kind fighting game artwork, and more. Each game will have a maximum cap of 32 contestants per game.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I only payed $5 for the venue fee last time and now this time around it's $10 for the venue? What gives?
A: Exactly. What gives? We give. Last BOTB every paying entrant received 2 magazines, a gang of stickers, free canned soda, free bottled water, and 5 raffle tickets that gave the entrant the chance to win custom hand-painted fighting game artwork, tee shirts, hats, and jackets. You can bet your sweet gaming ass that there will be even more free goodies, drinks, raffles, and more..

Q: What system are we playing on?
A: Xbox 360

Q: What is double elimination?
A: Say you lose a 2 out of 3 match set against your opponent, this will knock you into the losers bracket. This means you still have 1 more chance at going undefeated in a 2 out of 3 match set throughout the rest of the tournament to win in the grand finals!

Q: What other sponsors will be at the event?
A: Just wait and see ;)

Q: What will be raffled?
A: Fighting game paraphernalia such as tee shirts, hats, 1-of-a-kind custom fighting game artwork, posters, and more. Can't spill the beans on all of the goodies!

Q: What is the tournament max cap?
A: 32 players max per game

Q: How do I know I'm going to have a good time at the event? I don't wanna waste my hard earned money on a whack ass event!!!
A: Read the reviews from the first BOTB. Click anywhere in this sentence to see for yourself.

Q: What if want to compete in (this game) and (that game), may I?
A: Yes you may, just make sure you check in frequently with the bracket runner of each game to see when it's your turn.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Anyone thats in need of housing or carpool situation please message me and I'll see what I can do.

*Event post subject to be updated

Tokkosho

those fan arts at the raffle last time were very cool, hope there are more next time around, im aiming for those in the raffle if i go :) very nice tournament indeed.

Tenren

lol i already know most of it, talked with Niko last night. Prolly wont be able to get on tonight tho

NukNuks

***UPDATE***

-Venue fee and entrance fee changed to $10 each. For example, if you would just like to participate in 1 game then it would be $20 total. If you would like to participate in 2 games like DOA5 and TTT2 for example, it would be $30 total ($10 for DOA, $10 for TTT2, and $10 for the venue)

Change the font. Can't see it on the darker setup.
I don't know why FSD automatically makes the standard text color difficult to see on the dark setup (I made the post using the light setup).

ANYONE USING FSD DARK THAT WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE POSTED INFORMATION IN THIS THREAD THEN PLEASE USE FSD LIGHT.

shytzoo

I'm planning on going to this tourney, but I notice it says that there's a 32 player cap. Do I need to worry about DOA filling up that 32 man bracket hella fast? and is there any way i can ensure that i can participate? Been itching to actually test myself against people who actually know how to play offline.

Tokkosho

RSVP as yes when/if this thread ends up getting that format. but you shouldn't have to worry bout DoA filling up that much (but that would be great)

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I'm planning on going to this tourney, but I notice it says that there's a 32 player cap. Do I need to worry about DOA filling up that 32 man bracket hella fast? and is there any way i can ensure that i can participate? Been itching to actually test myself against people who actually know how to play offline.

Shytzoo if you have skype add me. My skype is in my profile. I have a skype doa group I can add you to.

NukNuks

At this point getting 32 people to show up for a local DOA tourney is a dream. If it was the other 3 games then those have the potential to reach max capacity. Soooo you won't have to worry about DOA reaching capacity. And even if it does look like we'll have full turnout for DOA I'll reserve a spot for you, you just have to show up ;)

shytzoo

At this point getting 32 people to show up for a local DOA tourney is a dream. If it was the other 3 games then those have the potential to reach max capacity. Soooo you won't have to worry about DOA reaching capacity. And even if it does look like we'll have full turnout for DOA I'll reserve a spot for you, you just have to show up ;)

oh ok! sweet. I'll def be there since san jose is only like 30 min away. been trying to find peeps around this area that play so I could get some offline matches.

@Return of the Shadow, I'll add ya on skype for sure, although i tend to leave it on a lot even when im not around. =/

NukNuks

oh ok! sweet. I'll def be there since san jose is only like 30 min away. been trying to find peeps around this area that play so I could get some offline matches.

Check out the NorCal thread in the matchmaking section. We recently had a gathering in San Mateo last weekend.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD