Little minor changes that you want for DOA5U?

Rawbietussin

By little minor changes, I mean like very little details that you wanted to get added / fixed which would be nice but not necessarily needed or affects the game entirely and most often, ignored but can live without it.

doa3christie.jpg
ALBUMMM21V0135006028131.jpg

An example would be like Christie's DOA3 catsuit (Costume 3) lacking earrings. From 3 to 4 to Dimensions, its render originally had gold inverted triangle earrings on while her character model in DOA5 doesn't have it equipped when wearing that costume. It just felt incomplete for me without it.

22aSh.jpg
qyzk8.jpg

Another example is Helena's lack of nail polish on her toenails while wearing her swimsuits, particularly her DOA5 CE and Paradise swimsuits. (not sure on her Getaway since I don't have it but it would be very much appreciated if someone could look that up for me)

It somewhat irks me that she has nail polish for her fingernails but none on her toenails yet Leifang, Christie, Tina, Lisa and Sarah (they are the only girls, aside from Helena, that have nail polish on while wearing swimsuits) have both applied. Only her DOA5 bunny swimsuit has both nails painted correctly. (I'm sure it would be the same case for her reversed bunny swimsuit in DOA5U)

I can still understand why she doesn't have them applied on costumes with gloves on her fingers or shoes covering her toes but seeing both exposed altogether and one lacking the other made me think that there is more than her ponytail that is messed up.

I'm very meticulous with designs, details and the little things I see, I want to know if you have similar concerns as well. Please do share. c:

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

Lisa's reading glasses should be available for every Lisa costume.

Somehow, I prefer her shades over the reading glasses but you're quite right. She should have been able to equip the reading glasses on her Lisa costumes.

I remembered trying to do that with :4: or :6: while selecting her legendary swimsuit back then but there was no "pyooow" sound when I tried it. :/

Keved

- Rewind function for Battle Viewer mode

- Toggle mask on/off option for the Hayabusa fans wanting to use Ryu without his mask

- Slow motion replays similar to Tekken's

- More variety for in-game taunts & victory quotes

Not game changing by any means, but as the topic suggests, little differences that would be welcome inclusions imo.

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

- Rewind function for Battle Viewer mode

- Toggle mask on/off option for the Hayabusa fans wanting to use Ryu without his mask

- Slow motion replays similar to Tekken's

- More variety for in-game taunts & victory quotes

Not game changing by any means, but as the topic suggests, little differences that would be welcome inclusions imo.

Rewind and slow-mo options should be added. It's hard enough to capture something that happened on the fights if you get passed it because you had to replay the whole fight scene all over again. (I like capturing those moments where both characters hit and launches each other in the air for lols)

It had always been a mystery to me why they never reveal Ryu's face underneath that mask, even on costumes where he is suppose to be mask-less to begin with like the Fighter Pack and his Santa costume. His face render couldn't be that bad.

Edit: Regarding about in-game taunts and victory quotes, I think some are getting those by DOA5U, notably Kasumi and Helena. Jann Lee had some different winning poses against Leifang and Hitomi accessible only in his story mode. It should definitely get added as well.

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

Character-specific intros. I miss them. Like when Leon and Bayman fight in DOA3, or when Kasumi and Hayate fight etc. I hope they're back.

I would love those back too. The only one who had such interactions was Ayane when she is facing Hayate.

Chapstick

There are more intros in story mode that should make it into other modes. Like when Ayane fights Eliot and she says "Let's see how strong you are" or something like that. Also she has the special "it is time" and "my sincerest apologies" to Ryu in 5, not just Hayate.

I want a red hair ribbon option for Kasumi to go with certain outfits like her white and red C2, the upcoming white and red ninja outfit, and her school girl outfit.

Btw damn you look close. I wouldn't have noticed Helena's toenails in a million years. That was lazy of TN not to change them to match.

OH and Lei Fang needs to actually say Jann Lee's name when she tags in and he tags out. Jann Lee says her name occasionally, but all she says is "my turn!" and something else I forget.

Rawbietussin

Btw damn you look close. I wouldn't have noticed Helena's toenails in a million years. That was lazy of TN not to change them to match.

I know right? Her peach nail polish is one of the best things that I like about her new character model and they had to screw it up by not repainting it. >Bc

Last edited:

AkaShocka

Helena to have her bigger bow like in DOA4. I would also like Lisa to have more La Mariposa costumes in different colors (I really would like one that is purple and black or green and white)

Rawbietussin

Helena to have her bigger bow like in DOA4. I would also like Lisa to have more La Mariposa costumes in different colors (I really would like one that is purple and black or green and white)

I think the length on her new bow is long on its own, it would be nicer if it had a white lace variant so it can be seen better on darker stages. Lisa's kitty suit should have been given for her La Mariposa identity since she had a mask for it in DOA4.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I would like it so that when playing Versus mode then the loser gets to pick the stage next match and the winner gets to select what option to do after match end. Similarly, I would like to see it so that the loser's music is played next round as the "challenger" (if music setting is set to character and not stage in 5U). Basically just make offline versus like online versus sans wait time and lag. As it is now, P1 always selects options and P2 always selects the arena, and music will be either randomized between the two players or randomized between all music, which is lame.

I want Izuna drops to interact better with the environment. For example, on the top floor of the oil rig, you should be able to Izuna someone off the edge onto the bottom floor if lined-up properly. Similarly, when crashing people through the floor, Ryu shouldn't let go of them until he hits the new floor, not the previous floor/new roof. Shoho Izuna should also lock people in place after first strike so that you can Shoho someone off the edge of a cliff, rather than having them slide out and screw you out of the Izuna damage and animation.

More character-specific intro/victory lines for character. I always loved when Bayman would go "Well, if it isn't... Leon." Made the fight so personal and badass.

I'd also like to see bare feet fixed because the flatfoot thing and elongated heels can be creepy. If they did that, I'd like to see all footwear removed from bikini costumes, and I'd like to see all painted nails/nail polish removed from the game. I'd also like to see long nails reduced to fit size of fingers.

Side-note: I hope the Buddha statue can be disabled on the Sky City Tokyo map. He's dumb and blocks the epic view.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD