Let's Bring It Together

Chris Harris

The game is coming out in less than a week people. We have been at each others throats since I came into the scene and while it is okay for some competitive smack talk we need to look past these things as we need to come together as a community for once.

Our game is coming out (finally) and unless we come together it won't be any better than what it was 7 years ago. We all have our problems with other players whether it's how they make our community look, annoying as hell, or pretty much lie to get ahead within the opportunities that come along with the game.

Let's treat this as a completely new opportunity for us to push OUR game the way it was meant to be pushed. Let's show up to events that are hosting our game and get our games to locals so people can play the game. Most players have a decent somewhere in driving range even if it is only a monthly try to plan and make it out there and support your scene/game.

If you have a problem(s) with a player, let's just keep it to yourself. There are bigger and better things we can be using that energy for so let's focus on that. Let's do the hard thing and squash the beef so we can move on as a community and build from it. You don't have to like someone to be civil, so if someone bothers you that much simply stay away from them and out of their business. If they make it a habit to be in your business just ignore them and get back to what you need to be doing.

Let's step up people and move forward.

Genesis

I don't know about keeping things to ourselves, but regardless of whether we release them, we really shouldn't let those opinions degrade into flaming flamers and their flame wars. And I agree with the general mentality. But for those willfully ignorant who will not be swayed, my day is not ruined by your outrages, and I get to enjoy the game all the same.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
OK, OK, I get it. I'll stop throwing a fit because Christie wants to be a player without her trenchcoat to go with them shades.

But at the same time, I can't help it; my inner fanboy wants her to look cool. But I can do this... I can move forward.

Chaos

I have to agree we need to join together as DOA fans and stop arguing over bullshit because that would give this community a bad rep and make people ignore it.

Stikku

I love every DOA game, besides DOA5. Who wants to have a conversation with me about how great the last 15 years of DOA has been?

Chris Harris

OK, OK, I get it. I'll stop throwing a fit because Christie wants to be a player without her trenchcoat to go with them shades.

But at the same time, I can't help it; my inner fanboy wants her to look cool. But I can do this... I can move forward.
You never cease to amaze me Awesmic lol

Tokkosho

1366708_o.gif

bravo!

ChrisArmoun

From one Chris to another I respect what you're trying to do. I've always avoided forums and the such because there's so much unnecessary bickering and pointless arguments. The language used and the complete lack of respect shown by some members reflects badly on everyone. It honestly turned me off of the gaming community in general. I see people constantly disrespect one another in ways, that I know, would never be done in a face to face environment. I'm giving FSD a shot so I can try to change my outlook.

We're here because we enjoy the series. We may not like everything and every decision but if there reaches a point where someone begins to believe the cons outweigh the pros he/she should just step aside and let the people that do enjoy it do so without trying to force so much negativity on them.

A wise man knows that he doesn't need to prove another man's opinion wrong in order to believe in his own. Too many fail to realize that an opinion, is just that, an opinion. It's not something to be force fed to others and used to diminish the value of someone else's. The term "common courtesy" has common in it for a reason. It isn't something to be earned, it should be given to everyone. It'd be nice if some could be a bit more mature in their responses and exercise it a bit. I think it would greatly improve our community.

DrDogg

To the competitive players who think everyone's out to get them or everything is shady... STOP THINKING THAT!

This is not 7 years ago, there is no CGS or anything like CGS and favorites are not being played. Understand how the business works, understand how the industry works, and do not simply assume someone is doing something behind your back or is simply out to get you.

If you have an issue, either keep it to yourself, or speak with the person in private. Do not talk behind the person's back. Nine times out of ten they will find out about it and it will cause more animosity. Please stop acting like high school kids, you all should have graduated DOA college by now... it's been 7 years after all.

Scornwell

:Applause:
Casual or Hardcore, everyone needs to remember that they are essentially the ambassadors of DOA5 in their local communities. We're not even having a pre-release around here, since I'm probably one of three people in the area to pre-order the game. And we're right outside Cleveland! The game has an unfair disadvantage compared to other games who have previous, consistent releases to keep their franchises relevant in the minds of those who play them.

Second this game drops, rep it hard.

Stikku

repping an incomplete game sounds like a modest waste of my precious time, thanks for the heads up.

Chris Harris

repping an incomplete game sounds like a modest waste of my precious time, thanks for the heads up.

If you're not going to post anything substantial then don't post anything at all. This doesn't concern you in the slightest since you already made up your mind that the game is "bad". So go enjoy competing/playing the other game that is better.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
We are all here on this site because we support Doa, and the game that is scheduled to be released. If you are not interested in Doa5, than move on to the other forums to discuss the other Doa's in the series. Disturbing others and their enjoyment of the game will not be tolerated.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD