Last Round - First Impressions

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I feel so bad for Team Ninja and Tani, the community manager, right now. :( They are having a rough time. For days problems are piling up, even though they are/were working hard and do their best to fix and endure this mess. I wished, people wouldn't be so nasty and vile in social media. Yes, they are angry, I understand, I sometimes are too...but on the other side of the world, behind the computer screen, there are also sitting human beings, working for their livelihood. In most cases the anger also directs towards the completely wrong person. I wished, the core fans of DOA could do something for the guys... :(

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I count a couple of Team NINJA staffers among my friends and this is all very frustrating for me to watch. After last year, people are hyper aware of issues with games and gamers in general are the most entitled group of children I've ever seen. It's embarrassing. There's also nothing we can do about the people on facebook or twitter attacking TN. I'm just hoping for issues to be addressed quickly. This type of thing can permanently damage a brand because gamers have a long memory and, a disturbingly large amount of the time, seemingly nothing better to do than act like e-thugs.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Not sure if this thread is the right place to post it, so apologies if not ...

From what I experienced until now on PS4 (EU), the game is running a bit unstable when it comes to switching between a fight and the main menu or the character selection. It also seems to have some trouble with finding online opponents in the training mode when searching for throwdowns is enabled. Sometimes, you can see the writing "Searching for opponents" at the bottom left corner for a while but after some minutes, it doesn't appear anymore and won't bring up any results. If you switch back to the character selection or the main menu then, the game will stuck in the loading screen forever. However, this does not always occur.

I saw TN already knows about the game having crash/freeze issues, however, if this thing about the throwdowns has not been mentioned to them yet, it would be great if someone would do so. I'm not around on social networks like twitter or facebook, which might be the shortest communication route.

And for those who have trouble with game freeze issues, I recommend just to eject the disk rather then turning off the whole console.

I also noticed the game does not safe adjusted brightness settings. No matter how often I change it (closed the application in a normal way, no crash or so), it's always as dark as with default settings when I restart it then, although the right value is already set when I switch back to the menue where you can adjust it.

Maybe it's just the new controller I'm not fully used to yet, but 33 inputs (:1::1:) from the player two side (or 11 from player one side) feel a bit imprecise to me. A single strike with this direction (e.g. a 3K) will comes out without any problem, but if it's pressed twice, the second input often just get's ignored or comes out as 6 (DS4 dpad).

Candy Dragon

I may be wrong, or I may be late to the game and this was already mentioned in another thread that I've missed, but after playing with Honoka and seeing her entries/win and tag poses, am I the only one who gets the impression that Raidou is her father?

The both copy abilities, they both have this red aura. When she meets him she asks if shes seen him before. Ayane makes a comment "I wonder" when they're a tag team.

Now its pure speculation, but I really like the idea of her being another bastard child of Raidou. One nobody knew about.

werewolfgold

I may be wrong, or I may be late to the game and this was already mentioned in another thread that I've missed, but after playing with Honoka and seeing her entries/win and tag poses, am I the only one who gets the impression that Raidou is her father?

The both copy abilities, they both have this red aura. When she meets him she asks if shes seen him before. Ayane makes a comment "I wonder" when they're a tag team.

Now its pure speculation, but I really like the idea of her being another bastard child of Raidou. One nobody knew about.
Yeah, that's basically the going theory. They seem to be fairly obvious about it.

Female Tengu

I feel so bad for Team Ninja and Tani, the community manager, right now. :( They are having a rough time. For days problems are piling up, even though they are/were working hard and do their best to fix and endure this mess. I wished, people wouldn't be so nasty and vile in social media. Yes, they are angry, I understand, I sometimes are too...but on the other side of the world, behind the computer screen, there are also sitting human beings, working for their livelihood. In most cases the anger also directs towards the completely wrong person. I wished, the core fans of DOA could do something for the guys... :(
Whoat? You feel sorry for them? Obviously no one playtested the damn game(!), that's all. Otherwise we wouldn't face the exact same problems DOA5U had. And I don't wanna hear excuses from TN. Their job is to fix that nonsense ASAP.

They should feel bad for us, their loyal buyers/fans, not the other way around. At least that's my opinion.

Edmund

Is the hair in PS4 version looking better than hair in previous gen (PS3/Xbox 360) or am I just imagining things. Hair looks like it moves nicer and more lustrous.

Cadaveri

Xbox launch went pretty terrible what I've heard.. Still waiting for my cope to arrive -.- (last time I will order a physical copy of anything..)

I count a couple of Team NINJA staffers among my friends and this is all very frustrating for me to watch. After last year, people are hyper aware of issues with games and gamers in general are the most entitled group of children I've ever seen. It's embarrassing. There's also nothing we can do about the people on facebook or twitter attacking TN. I'm just hoping for issues to be addressed quickly. This type of thing can permanently damage a brand because gamers have a long memory and, a disturbingly large amount of the time, seemingly nothing better to do than act like e-thugs.

I've bought every DOA fighting game from DOA 2 on Dreamcast to all 3 DOA 5 games on Xbox 360/One I've also bought every Ninja Gaiden (even the first version of 3) and even though I'm upset that I can't use my fightstick on my Xbox One I'm looking forward to the next DOA/Ninja Gaiden game.
I don't know anyone from Team Ninja personally like you do, but for me and my friends all we want is for the fightstick issues and other issues on Xbox One and other systems to be fix as soon as possible because we love the series and you are right this can hurt the brand, a brand that has to deal with enough BS already.
As long as Team Ninja communicates with the community about the status of these issues I think things will cool off soon enough.
I just hope there is a fix for the fightstick issue on Xbox One.

The Enforcer

As long as Team Ninja communicates with the community about the status of these issues I think things will cool off soon enough.
I just hope there is a fix for the fightstick issue on Xbox One.

This is part of the challenge in the current context. As long as there is clear communication, it helps soften the blow. I know TN is working to fix the issues, so I wouldn't be too concerned about most, a little patience should take care of the stick issue.
--

Re: topic as a whole.

The foundation of the issue is that there are so many entitled people on the internet that they want EVERYTHING... RIGHT NOW. As a consumer, it's fair to expect a product to work as advertised, but as a human being it's NOT fair for someone to act like a whiny child when demands are not met. If people want technology to bring the most complex & realistic visuals, they have to accept the complexities and costs that go into development.

From working in a related field, I know that no matter how well you test, no matter how great your quality control is, NO technology is invincible these days. Required logic is only becoming more complex, and the number of qualified people capable of resolving these challenges does not always strike me to be on the rise in order to match. Although quality control may have caught some of these issues, Team Ninja would not necessarily be able to catch everything beyond their control... networking, 3rd party interaction like DLC stores, etc.

There is no way Team Ninja is just sitting pack doing nothing about this. If there are problematic issues, they are addressing them, but they will take time no matter what the case is. The best thing for DOA's sake is for community members to help fight against the keyboard champions of the world who don't do anything but complain and suggest patience since we know Team Ninja is working on things.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
my arcade stick came in and here are some pics

mind the quality and angles

those joysticks are screwed on the back, and they have their own button settings from what i can tell.

image.jpg

image-1.jpg
image-2.jpg
image-3.jpg.html
image-4.jpg
image-6.jpg
image-5.jpg

I will test it out later on and let you guys know

@Force_of_Nature
@Yurlungur

Cadaveri

So I finally received my ps4 version of the game, as I expected the whole carry over your dlc/saves is a total clusterfuck as it can be...

Barely any of my DLC carried over and no chance of save carrying over either.

If I browse PSN store via ingame, I can only browse Honoka items and the Last Round stuff in general.

Only place I can see my DLC is directly on PSN store when I log into my account.

What the hell am I supposed to do now...?

HHH816

@Cadaveri try to access psn store via the game menu, you have to download one by one

i can still download all my ps3 dlc except hot getaway costume:( which i already bought :mad:

Cadaveri

@Cadaveri try to access psn store via the game menu, you have to download one by one

i can still download all my ps3 dlc except hot getaway costume:( which i already bought :mad:

Everything except Honoka on PSN store is grayed, cant see any dlc that I previously owned...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD