Kokoro version 1.03

Wow. I'm really surprised at how well the Kokoro users are taking these changes. For a character that seems to have gotten nerfs across the board; you all read as being pretty optimistic -- initially.

I've visited other player threads, and let me tell you, the complaints about nerfs -- even in the presence of buffs! -- is embarrassingly ridiculous.

Kudos to the Kokoro fans and users.

phoenix1985gr

The only change that is bad (if it affects block too, which i dont think it does cause on a move for tina for ex they increased the recovery and decreased the disadvantage on block) is the 66p if its still safe on block she didnt get anything too serious

Musourenka

Forgot to reply to Roroko about 66P+K -> Heichu P:

It connects after her low throw 100% of the time against certain characters (nearly half the cast) and forces a one-guess mixup (7P burst, 7K, 4P+K, or throw). The 66P+K -> Heichu 2P follow-up, while still good and workable on everyone, isn't as strong (6KP, throw, or 9P -> Burst Mix-up). That's why I'm kind of worried about Heichu P's stun, but will still find solace in Heichu 2P.

And Phoenix is right; 90% of those nerfs are cosmetic.

FlamingMuffin

The biggest "nerf" I'd say is the lack of buffs (except for 6P+King I suppose). Not that she really needed any, but almost everyone else (except perhaps Mila) gained something whereas Kokoro got virtually nil. Making 9K a mid again to crush lows would have been delicious.

NightAntilli

The biggest "nerf" I'd say is the lack of buffs (except for 6P+King I suppose). Not that she really needed any, but almost everyone else (except perhaps Mila) gained something whereas Kokoro got virtually nil. Making 9K a mid again to crush lows would have been delicious.
And making the opponent sidestep if he/she holds xD

Musourenka

Why stop there? Make it an OH! Muwhahaha.

But in all seriousness, I wish 9KP was fast enough to work as a pseudo-crush; Dodge the low then punch them during recovery.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Thankfully in this current build they're flat out useless against strings.

As someone mentioned in a general patch-related thread, since SS recovery is only 5 frames (10 before), entire strings can often be SS'd by doing a double SS. Muahahaa.

Roroko

I'm patched.

1. Honestly can't tell what's changed for 66P. Same i14 and -4 on block ...

2. 6P+K now gives +3 CS. If 6P+KP wasn't a NC before it is now unless you delay the P.

3. She makes a cute noise during the Heichu grab :oops:

NightAntilli

I think I actually understand why. When playing online, after using 66P you can move almost instantly, so to make the move feel like it has more 'weight' to it, they probably made the stun a bit longer.

I'm kind of sad that I have to wait till next week for the update since I'm on Xbox :(

phoenix1985gr

I just hope that this patch wont change more thing for the worst... for ex the nerf on leis mid k hold is almost non existant, and im not sure if they meant for that to be the way it is now, or something went wrong and they ll change it yet again...

synce

^ I'm pretty sure that was intended. People were abusing it in the Japanese tourney. I don't think a non-grappler should be doing so much damage from a simple hold anyway... Pai got hit with a similar nerf. Her old grab setup did 120 on lights, now it does 90 max. Haven't tested Kokoro's new BT stun game but it could go either way, unlike the others it wasn't so easy to land.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD