Kokoro Q & A

Musourenka

Her holds are completely average (no advanced holds or parries at all), no low crushes (9K doesn't count), high crushes that aren't BT P+K generally crush late in the animation, average standing punishment (low punishment is fantastic, though), lacks a really good "get off me!" move against fast pressure characters (i.e. Kaaaaaaaassssssssuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii).

FlamingMuffin

Felt like posting it here would be the best place.

After a sitdown stun that isn't 236P (and BT 4K, gives only +19), you can use 236P for another sitdown but instead of it being +25 (with SE) it becomes +33. The extra 8 frames seem to help tremendously with getting in and having 7K connect for a juggle. BT P+K benefits from this greatly.

In connection with this, has anyone figured out the conditions for her P2KP (and variants) for the last P to cause a sitdown instead of a knockdown? I've seen it happen yet keep forgetting to pay attention.

Musourenka

2KP causes sit-down if the opponent's crouching.

EDIT: Or in a stun that's considered crouching (i.e. sit-down stun).

Kokomi

Need some advice here, I've been trying to improve my gameplay with Kokoro but it kinda feels like I'm not getting anywhere.

First of all, I realize I can't handle with Kokoro very well. If I lose my momentum, I immediately lose my focus and panic.

I've been told to utilize moves like :3::K::2::P:, but for some reason, the move never registers the P as :2::P: but as a neutral :P: after 3K despite the precise command input. I tried using :8::P::6::P:, never worked as well. Before either moves come out, I get stopped. Sometimes, :6::6::P+K: in to Heichu then :6: :P: ,:P+K: or :2::P: doesn't work as well. After Heichu, some times the game doesn't perform the correct move, IE :2::P: is performed as :P:, or :P+K: after Heichu is pressed but the move doesn't come out.

Also, perhaps I think my in string grabs with her are bad, because half of the time, the grab never hits or ensues.

Then you have the juggle issue, I see so many people getting proficient with her juggle, it makes me depressed to see I'm the only one who hasn't been able to master :9::P: for extending juggles, or using :6::P::K: or :P+K: to extend as well. Then, you have the issue of not being able to achieve critical bursts because my opponents either block it, or the stun wasn't deep enough. Like for an example, :6::6::P:,:3::K:, the K gets block, so no CB. If not, here's another example :6::P::6::P:, :9::P:, :7::P:, CB does not happen.

Also to note, I rely way too much on her :6::P::6::P:, or :6::6::P:, I want to use other moves like :3::P: or :1::P:, but they all come out so slowly. Even performing :214::P: is hard at the start of the match because of the misgauged distance or simply because you have some opponents who loves to get up in to your face before the fight starts.

I need helpppppppp Q_Q.

Lagstab

Need some advice here, I've been trying to improve my gameplay with Kokoro but it kinda feels like I'm not getting anywhere.

First of all, I realize I can't handle with Kokoro very well. If I lose my momentum, I immediately lose my focus and panic.

I've been told to utilize moves like :3::K::2::P:, but for some reason, the move never registers the P as :2::P: but as a neutral :P: after 3K despite the precise command input. I tried using :8::P::6::P:, never worked as well. Before either moves come out, I get stopped. Sometimes, :6::6::P+K: in to Heichu then :6: :P: ,:P+K: or :2::P: doesn't work as well. After Heichu, some times the game doesn't perform the correct move, IE :2::P: is performed as :P:, or :P+K: after Heichu is pressed but the move doesn't come out.

Also, perhaps I think my in string grabs with her are bad, because half of the time, the grab never hits or ensues.

Then you have the juggle issue, I see so many people getting proficient with her juggle, it makes me depressed to see I'm the only one who hasn't been able to master :9::P: for extending juggles, or using :6::P::K: or :P+K: to extend as well. Then, you have the issue of not being able to achieve critical bursts because my opponents either block it, or the stun wasn't deep enough. Like for an example, :6::6::P:,:3::K:, the K gets block, so no CB. If not, here's another example :6::P::6::P:, :9::P:, :7::P:, CB does not happen.

Also to note, I rely way too much on her :6::P::6::P:, or :6::6::P:, I want to use other moves like :3::P: or :1::P:, but they all come out so slowly. Even performing :214::P: is hard at the start of the match because of the misgauged distance or simply because you have some opponents who loves to get up in to your face before the fight starts.

I need helpppppppp Q_Q.
It will all come together a lot easier once youve played a little while longer, give it time, youll get a flow.
Practice makes perfect

Musourenka

Best options against fast characters are P, 6P (depending on what they're throwing out), and 2P. If they're faster than you (i.e. they have a 11-frame mid), then you're going to rely on P and 2P more. If you think they'll throw out jabs, you can try to crush with 2H+K. You want to get them at mid-ish range because Kokoro loses to fast characters up close. 6PP, 3K, and 66P have use when you have a bit of space between your opponent.

Surprisingly, I haven't fought a ton of Jann Lees or Kasumis, so other players may have other suggestions.

Lagstab

i like to space with 3kk, then i follow up with another 3kk after a short pause, 7k got nerfed, but thats also a great spacing tool. also pressure, the best thing is to be unpredictable and mix up make sure they cant get a move in.

Reikou

I guess this question should come here.

Does Kokoro not have any offensive holds at all? I remember in DOAD her 66T used to be an offensive hold. However, this time I only ever see it register as a throw.

Lagstab

im working on mastering her 7p parry crush thingy, the startup frames make it impossible to push out under pressuer

Murakame

whats a wall friendly force tech juggle off of 4P+K at any height? As of now all i have for it is one that isnt wall friendly: 9P(1 or 2 I believe) 66P+K 2P.

PgoezinC

whats a wall friendly force tech juggle off of 4P+K at any height? As of now all i have for it is one that isnt wall friendly: 9P(1 or 2 I believe) 66P+K 2P.
If by "wall friendly" you mean a juggle that doesn't wall slam before the force tech ender, then you're pretty much limited to whatever can lead you to PP2KK. And I say "limited" because all of the following typical juggle moves will cause a wall slam: P+K, 9PP, 6PK

That essentially means if you're going for a force tech juggle at a wall, you're reduced to 9P 9P PP2KK on normal launch. Add a third 9P for counter. A few other options that will work on normal launch are:

1. 9P 9P P2K ~ 2H+KK
2. 9P 4PPP ~ 2H+KK
3. 9P 9P 1KK4K (the 2nd K has to miss, which isn't a problem as long as there is a slight delay after the 1K)
3a. end with 2P instead of 4K if you don't wanna be BT.

Reikou

Is there an effective Sidestep strategy for Kokoro, or any sidestep guides I can look into?

I've been trying to add sidestepping into my routine, but I can't seem to pull it off well. I just don't know when to sidestep and when not to.

Murakame

Is there an effective Sidestep strategy for Kokoro, or any sidestep guides I can look into?

I've been trying to add sidestepping into my routine, but I can't seem to pull it off well. I just don't know when to sidestep and when not to.

Good moves to sidestep after would be moves that leave you at disadvantage but not punishable disadvantage. These include 6PPP on block, 2H+KK and its string variants on hit. PPP on block etc. Just be careful not to do so all the time as ballsy players will take note of when you like to SS and toss out a throw or a slow tracking move and clip you.

FlamingMuffin

Has anyone else noticed the last two kicks in 1KKK and 1KK4K are NC (on NH)? Not that it's often you hit the second kick on normal hit but still.

No have not noticed it tessted it i dont understand it also been watching japanese players play doa and if seEms like they play kokoro differently then the u.s. players of should i say westren players or what ever but the question is whats the difference betwee the way we play to the way the way they play kokoro or is there none and im stupid

Bushido

No have not noticed it tessted it i dont understand it also been watching japanese players play doa and if seEms like they play kokoro differently then the u.s. players of should i say westren players or what ever but the question is whats the difference betwee the way we play to the way the way they play kokoro or is there none and im stupid

From my understanding....They play more footsies than western players...We play more aggressively

I think :oops:

does Kokoros forcetechs depend on any thing like heigh from ground when u intend on using her :2: :H+K: or :2: :P+K: or any other or is it just my timing because for example when i do on akira :6: :K: :P: , :P: :K: :P: ,:9: :P: ,:9: :P: ,:9: :P: ,:2: :P+K: it will forcetech leaving me at +19 this being done with recovery on with counter hit on and off and with character weight class in mind but some times it does not causing what seem to be a hard knockdown or am i doing it all wrong to begin with and what i think is a force tech is somthing entirely different

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD