Kensei: Sacred Fist is a doa/tekken ripoff.

Princess Kasumi

This is a PS1 game made by Konami, I played this when I was a child and I just realized how unoriginal the the characters & the gameplay is, most moves were taken from Tekken & DOA.
The girl "Saya" is 16 (underage) her age isn't hidden in the game.
She was indeed a fan-service character as her main costume, had no bra and skimpy shorts.
So DOA were not the only "skimpy" fighting game.
maxresdefault.jpg

kensei_sacred_fist_psx_saya_by_danytatu-d7xeiif.jpg

kensei_sacred_fist_psx_saya4_by_danytatu-d7xejb7.jpg

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
true, i was late onto tekken scene, i think my first doa game was 3, then ultimate.

never had 2 since i got my ps2 later on XD

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
yeah the dreamcast was one system i never bought otherwise i would had it XD

i got a one later on brand new sealed couple of years ago.

RoboJoe

Oh damn, I remember this game! I used to play it at a friend's house when I was younger. I liked the blond wrestler girl. I remember two animal head guys as well. They wore suits but had animal heads. I see one of them in the picture, but there was another one as well.

Princess Kasumi

yeah the dreamcast was one system i never bought otherwise i would had it XD

i got a one later on brand new sealed couple of years ago.
I remember Dream Cast sold very poorly due to it being too expensive but the games had really good quality graphics. @RoboJoe The blonde wrestler girl is called "Ann" she reminds me of DOA TINA. Yugo is a Jin copycat. Saya Ling Xiaoyu copycat.
The characters were pretty much a ripoff Tekken and DOA's

synce

Oh man 90's 3D fighters were the shittiest lol I don't really see DOA characters other than Ryu but that's straight up it's Michelle Chang and Sarah Bryant in the bottom right corner... I also see Shun and several KOF fighters.

Princess Kasumi

Oh man 90's 3D fighters were the shittiest lol I don't really see DOA characters other than Ryu but that's straight up it's Michelle Chang and Sarah Bryant in the bottom right corner... I also see Shun and several KOF fighters.
The gameplay and Saya's skimpy costume were a DOA ripoff. Yugo has Tekken Jin's costumes and moveset and some intro. David is a Tekken King ripoff. Saya is a Tekken Xiaoyu ripoff. Im taking about their stance and moveset. other characters were taken from other fighting games.

gamemaster14

I heard about this game about a year or two ago and have since purchased a copy to go with my 260+ Original Playstation collection. I can honestly say I enjoyed the game and didn't really mind it. Unfortunately a good deal of the 3d fighting games of the time borrow enough from the big ones. I am always looking for these obscure fighting games that no one has heard of like D-Xhird for Sega Saturn (Made by Takara)

256px-KenseiSacredFist_NAfrontcover.png

gamemaster14

Perhaps I will do a video about this game in the near future. Unfortunately if a game is not a Tekken, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive or Mortal Kombat its kind of falls under the radar and no one knows anything about it.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
That being said, I would like to see how it would be in the current gen, and the engine being less than a Tekken rip. We need a new 3D fighting game franchise.

And remove the rip off characters = Pai, Sarah and Chin from KoF

David Gregg

That being said, I would like to see how it would be in the current gen, and the engine being less than a Tekken rip. We need a new 3D fighting game franchise.

And remove the rip off characters = Pai, Sarah and Chin from KoF

No the game was really crappy (I even hated it as a kid). XD This is the 3D fighter you want updated for current gen:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Haha, I have such a soft spot for early 3D fighting game titles on the PS1. Although a lot of them were clunky and rip offs of VF or Tekken, there were a lot of them and one could see how 3D fighters were paving the way to dominate the fighting game community. Even classic 2D fighting game franchises, like Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, and others, were trying to go 3D in order to keep up. *sighs* I miss those days. Now the only franchises left standing are Tekken, Dead or Alive, Soulcalibur, and Virtua Fighter. Developers are using 3D models, but restricting them on a 2D plane and it saddens me that they're afraid to step into the 3rd dimension.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD