Is there a way to find out what moves have invicibility?

Or invulnerable? For example if jann lee does let's say 236P how many frames is it invincible if it even is at all. I'm asking there are moves that carry invincibility for a certain amount of frames I believe. If so how do I find a chart on things like this thnx in advance. Sincerely thnx to whoever can answer this.

akhi216

Standard Donor
Lolwut? I don't think any moves have invincibility but there are moves that crush some other attacks. You may be able to crush a move with a particular attack but not be able to crush another attack.

Lolwut? I don't think any moves have invincibility but there are moves that crush some other attacks. You may be able to crush a move with a particular attack but not be able to crush another attack.

There has to be because when you use kick to wake up you are completely invulnerable/invincible. You can't be hurt, hit, thrown, or anything it beats out every other attack period. So there are invincible moves.

hoduken

Yes there are moves with invincibility frames. Knowing them sub-consciously through hours and hours of playing has set the good players apart from the bad players in my gaming group. Wake up kicks are an example of this. However I'm unsure what other ones are good examples. If i made an attempt to note down which ones were making me rage when i play I'm sure i could give you a list of ones on characters that we use in our group.

I'm sure all wake up attacks are, even grabs. Grabs are snuffed by attacks unless they are done from the ground, then they always seem to hit. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but for example Mila's wake up grab will always land if an opponent is in range of it and doesn't move their hit box out of the way, even if they are spamming attacks that would otherwise hit them.

Omegan Eckhart

Wake up kicks have invincibility that's it. Some moves have hurt boxes than sit a good distance behind their hit boxes, meaning they can hit you but you can't hit them most of the time. These moves are not invincible, they are just hard to hit them out of.

Jann Lee's 66K or 3K are good examples of this. To hit him out of either of these attacks you have to connect an attack to somewhere on his upper leg, but he only has to hit you will the end of his foot. This results in him winning 99% of the time.

Juri_focus_attack.jpg

The red box is the hit box (the bit that hits the opponent) and the yellow box is the hurt box (where she can be hit). But sometimes the yellow box is hidden way behind the red box meaning hitting them out of the attack is near impossible.

If a move is invincible like a dragon punch, the entire yellow box disappears meaning it is impossible to hit them out of the attack. I doubt this is the case in DOA5.

Edit: In regard to what hoduken said, some grabs have hold properties (OH/Catch Grabs) where at a certain point in their activation their can go through attacks and land the grab. This is only very specific grabs and does not work against air born opponents. I wouldn't class them as being invincible.

akhi216

Standard Donor
TheDragonWarrior said:
There has to be because when you use kick to wake up you are completely invulnerable/invincible. You can't be hurt, hit, thrown, or anything it beats out every other attack period. So there are invincible moves.

I'm pretty sure that an attack that hits low and makes his and mids whiff (i.e. slide) will crush a mid wakeup kick, and I know for a fact that aerial attacks such as Lisa's or Ayane's up/forward K will crush a low wakeup kick.

I'm pretty sure that an attack that hits low and makes his and mids whiff (i.e. slide) will crush a mid wakeup kick, and I know for a fact that aerial attacks such as Lisa's or Ayane's up/forward K will crush a low wakeup kick.

No that's not what I'm saying. If you reverse those moves do Christies slide on a wake up low kick she will lose. N vice versa for Lisa there in lies the invincible attack. Now the guy above is right about hitboxs. I know about them is there a chart for those? I don't mean dodging an attack to attack the wakeups are invincible.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Hm... Wake up kick are invincible against allmost all kinds off attacks but attacks for knocked down opponent. WU kicks are not fully invincible. BTW tech rolls and some other not attacking animations have also similiar invicible property.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Wakeup oriented crap tends to have invincible frames associated with it, but not all of it. Wakeup kicks do, but character specific wakeup attacks are usually fair game.

The important thing to note is that with wakeup kicks, you can actually beat the kick with a strike IF you hit them during the first active frame of their wakeup kick, and your attack does 3 or more points of damage than the wakeup kick.

Needless to say, this is tricky as hell to time. We had a few artists who could occasionally pull it off in DOA 4 and it always got a crowd reaction at a tournament.

Tones

Premium Donor
8p+k and you also have a small window of frames to hit them out of a wake up kick with any attack.

Jann Lee's 66K or 3K are good examples of this. To hit him out of either of these attacks you have to connect an attack to somewhere on his upper leg, but he only has to hit you will the end of his foot. This results in him winning 99% of the time.
That's hitbox and possibly with a hint of priority not invisible frames. Lisa's 1k is another, her big feet also make this move a little funny to crush. Mila's 4k, her hit box is way back.

If they are standing normal you have to hit a character at the range of their elbow or beyond. If they preform an action the hitbox will change accordingly.

Sergio is right, the closes thing is movement while down. Ground attacks will still hit though.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
It's a big like VF where you can beat a wake-up kick if trade with an attack that does more than 20 damage. As Rikuto said, this still implies to DOA since they're both the same engine, though in DOA apparently it's 23 damage since all wake-up kicks deal 20 damage.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD