Is DOA5 the first game that could be "Fighting Entertainment"?

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
-But what is considered fighting entertainment? Is it the fact that you are drawn into the fighter due to what is taking place around the fighters? If That is the case, Doa4 would be fighting entertainment with all the cars and dinosaurs and such moving about.

-On second thought, Doa1 could be considered fighting entertainment with the explosive danger zones and the back and forth parrying. I really think doa5 is just continuing down a path Doa1 created.

Allan Paris

Buzzsaws and landmines, lol. Buzzsaw has juggle capabilities, and I bet you couldn't turn these off. At least with DOA you can stop the floor from exploding, cars from coming, and cheetahs from running.

Annoying and entertaining are two different things. lol

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Aren't most fighting games about fighting and entertainment? That's like making up a rock n roll sub-genre called 'Rock And Roll'. It's the same thing.

FakeSypha

Buzzsaws and landmines, lol. Buzzsaw has juggle capabilities, and I bet you couldn't turn these off. At least with DOA you can stop the floor from exploding, cars from coming, and cheetahs from running.

Annoying and entertaining are two different things. lol

DAT saw juggle @9:05

Dammit, now I have the urge to play it, lol

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Aren't most fighting games about fighting and entertainment? That's like making up a rock n roll sub-genre called 'Rock And Roll'. It's the same thing.

Or a genre called "Rock or Roll".

When the song starts, you never know which one you're gonna get!

d3v

As usual, SNK beats *so-and-so* developer in introducing and "innovation."

Speaking of which, Ryoko getting a kiss from that chick in the bonus stage shows that they beat everyone else on that girl-on-girl action as well.
Or a genre called "Rock or Roll".
Playing MvC2 where the only characters you can choose are MegaMan or Roll.

Speaking of which, that game is still more entertaining to watch, let alone play, than anything released in the past 10 years.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD