IGN's 12 Days of DOA5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR2K

DOA3 Tina was super fun to play as. Loved being able to do her air throws without having to set up 600 stuns.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
One thing that made Bass' GBs useless in DOA3 was because we has susceptible to low throws.

I can take a wild guess and say that these moves/strings will have GB properties:

:6: :6: :P:
:6: :6: :K: (GBs in DOA4/DOAD)
:3: :K: :K: (string now ends with the DOA4 high Stomp kick, which I'm guessing is the new GB kick)
:P: :K: :K: (again, ending with stomp kick)
:7: :P+K:
:1: :P+K:
:F+K: (Maybe? It's wasn't too unsafe)
:6: :P: :P:
:9: :P: :P:
:9: :P: :K: :P: (Maybe. It has the mid-low mix-up, but you can see the mid from a mile away)
:1: :K: :P: (Most highs should have frame advantage on high anyway).
:4: :P: :P: :P: (Last punch guard breaks. Has high-mid mix-up)
:1: :P: :P: (Second punch is mid. Has high-mid mix-up and can transition into TFBB)
:3: :3: :P: :P: (Second hit GB. Most people forget about this one, so it catches them off guard)

Also, does :2: :P: :P: still high crush? I swear, I've tried it a hundred time both in practice and against AI, and it seemed to go under jabs and highs. I think it's one of his best moves.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I don't have access to either 4 or DOAD, so I do appreciate if people could check a few things.

Also according to the 4.1 data sheet, :2: :P: :P: does crush highs and :3: :3: :P: :P: does GB.

DrDogg

It's coming. There's a small issue with the site that's getting corrected now. As soon as that's taken care of it will be visible.

It's mostly good news. She has the best sit-down stuns of any character I've looked into thus far.

Pupi18

It's coming. There's a small issue with the site that's getting corrected now. As soon as that's taken care of it will be visible.

It's mostly good news. She has the best sit-down stuns of any character I've looked into thus far.

HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

bingsoo

Is there any chance you'll be doing any in-depth write-ups on the characters that aren't covered in the 12 Days event? These are awesome analyses and really helpful to people from other fighting games who plan to play DoA5.

DrDogg

Is there any chance you'll be doing any in-depth write-ups on the characters that aren't covered in the 12 Days event? These are awesome analyses and really helpful to people from other fighting games who plan to play DoA5.

Um... we might do something leading up to the launch event in September. Other than that, I don't think we'll have much else.

The match videos will cover some characters that haven't been addressed in the breakdowns, plus you'll get to see all of the matches at the I'm a Fighter event this weekend and GVN next weekend, both of which will be running the most recent build of the game.

It also depends on what Team Ninja's announcement schedule looks like. The story trailer didn't really "announce" anyone new, and I can't discuss any characters until they've been officially announced.

With the E3 articles/broadcast and the 12 Days of DOA5 articles, along with the Alpha demo, only Kasumi, Tina and Zack have yet to be covered (as far as officially announced characters). Kasumi was played a ton during the E3 broadcast and will probably be played quite a bit at the upcoming events as well, so that only leaves Tina and Zack at the moment.

Pupi18

DrDogg I know I probably shouldnt ask but does the guide page number is correct since you mentioned before amazon was missing some info there or is just that they were missing description information?

DrDogg

DrDogg I know I probably shouldnt ask but does the guide page number is correct since you mentioned before amazon was missing some info there or is just that they were missing description information?

It's listed as 256 pages on Amazon... the guide isn't done yet, but I would be pretty surprised if I can get it in that low. The character chapter alone will probably be close to that number (if not exceeding it).

Pupi18

It's listed as 256 pages on Amazon... the guide isn't done yet, but I would be pretty surprised if I can get it in that low. The character chapter alone will probably be close to that number (if not exceeding it).
OMG OMG OMG This is gonna be awesome!

bingsoo

Um... we might do something leading up to the launch event in September. Other than that, I don't think we'll have much else.

The match videos will cover some characters that haven't been addressed in the breakdowns, plus you'll get to see all of the matches at the I'm a Fighter event this weekend and GVN next weekend, both of which will be running the most recent build of the game.

It also depends on what Team Ninja's announcement schedule looks like. The story trailer didn't really "announce" anyone new, and I can't discuss any characters until they've been officially announced.

With the E3 articles/broadcast and the 12 Days of DOA5 articles, along with the Alpha demo, only Kasumi, Tina and Zack have yet to be covered (as far as officially announced characters). Kasumi was played a ton during the E3 broadcast and will probably be played quite a bit at the upcoming events as well, so that only leaves Tina and Zack at the moment.

Oh, the character I was interested in was Kasumi. I did follow most of the E3 broadcast and matches, but I see why you chose to cover other chars more in depth.

I will probably decide to check out that guide as well since I know absolutely nothing in DoA. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD