IGN's 12 Days of DOA5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion

Im just going by what DrDogg said, but I suppose you can delay?...hed have to answer that.

RoboJoe

In addition to all of these new attacks, Christie has a new transition mid-combo. During multiple combo strings, if an attack in the middle of the combo connects, Christie goes into a “combo throw” that leads into a ground bounce. Christie can then follow the ground bounce with a short combo. If the entire string connects, the damage is significant.

A couple of questions about this. You say it is a combo throw, does that mean it can be broken? If yes, does Christie have advantage like the grapplers do?

DrDogg

Oh ok so theres like a time limit i guess?

If you watch any of the Christie videos, it's when she does an exaggerated side step. That's the new stance. It has taken the place of Serpent.

A couple of questions about this. You say it is a combo throw, does that mean it can be broken? If yes, does Christie have advantage like the grapplers do?

You can't break it. It's actually the quick charge guard break. When it hits you get the combo throw. I'm going to edit the article to be a little more clear on that.

Doug Nguyen

If you watch any of the Christie videos, it's when she does an exaggerated side step. That's the new stance. It has taken the place of Serpent.

You can't break it. It's actually the quick charge guard break. When it hits you get the combo throw. I'm going to edit the article to be a little more clear on that.
Oh alright. She seems to have lots of tools this time around. How about that side step she did in her trailer with Bayman, how do you do that in her new stance?

Xion

Oh alright. She seems to have lots of tools this time around. How about that side step she did in her trailer with Bayman, how do you do that in her new stance?

Maybe you're still a bit confused. that is the stance. She can do other things besides just side step, but the point is, its a set of moves you enter into.

Doug Nguyen

Maybe you're still a bit confused. that is the stance. She can do other things besides just side step, but the point is, its a set of moves you enter into.
Yeah i know its a stance but in her trailer with Bayman she did it twice in a row, i thought she could only do the sidestep stance once.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I have no idea what all this mumbo-jumbo means, but it sounds exciting to play Christie.

I can already tell I'm gonna have fun learning how to use the punch button.

DR2K

Helena could free cancel her bokuho into sidestep, it only worked in DOA3 because you could actually sidestep.

TRI Mike

Cool so he seems very useful now. Not as great as Tina or Bayman but definitely not the mess he was in 4

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
This....this has given me a lot of hope.
A solid breakdown again man, now I can't wait to get my hands on him in training mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD