If DoA5 is not delayed, fear the worst

Asbel Lhant

TBH I think Bamco is purposely trolling TN. Even if DOA5 is spot on for competitive play I just can't see it beating TTT2. Tekken is a AAA title in the FGC. Hell I doubt DOA5 will even come close to being on par with TTT2. Tekken just has too much of a good rep while DOA went south with 4 in the series.

TN may have to move the release date to an earlier or later time.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
It was but Hayashi did it as well: http://venturebeat.com/2011/12/09/t...s-dlc-costumes-and-tekken-vs-dead-or-alive/2/

Itagaki might have left, but the hatred for Tekken is still around in the team [laughter]. So when we see Street Fighter X Tekken and those kinds of games… We’re coming out with Dead or Alive. We don’t need to rely on anything else to present Dead or Alive as a strong fighting game in the genre. We don’t need that kind of thing to prove ourselves. We understand that Tekken has… It opened the way for 3D fighting games, we understand that it has a long history, we respect that history, but we’re coming in as a challenger to those 3D fighting games. We’re there to represent and take them on.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
TBH I think Bamco is purposely trolling TN. Even if DOA5 is spot on for competitive play I just can't see it beating TTT2. Tekken is a AAA title in the FGC. Hell I doubt DOA5 will even come close to being on par with TTT2. Tekken just has too much of a good rep while DOA went south with 4 in the series.

TN may have to move the release date to an earlier or later time.

Maybe so, but DOA5 looks to be focusing on the long-term respect within the FGC and building to that point where it can legitimately sell as well as any other AAA title in future installments. You can't just expect to be one overnight. As Bass would say, you should start from the very beginning.

And by the look of things, it's being taken quite literally. DOA5 now has the game that most of the FGC considers to be the first and most respected 3D fighter of all-time - Virtua Fighter - in their corner, and no member of the FGC in the right mind is gonna take that reputation away from them regardless of its history in the market. The minute a developer and franchise as reputable as Sega AM2's Virtua Fighter gives you the okay to work one or possibly three characters into your game, you know it's serious friggin' business, and one that shouldn't be taken lightly. And what happened as a result? TN's reputation and hype steadily increased.

You saw the magic that happened at SRK when Akira was introduced as a guest character. Folks went bananas, even a few haters (ok, maybe a lot of haters) sang a bit of praise. And even after a shitty front-page review of the alpha demo shown at SRK in recent memory, most people still didn't buy that crap and thus a more respected overview (albeit shown through a number of videos) took its place. Why did SRK bother? Because now they care about DOA (at least more than in recent memory). If this was any other year, they wouldn't give a fuck. They'd just let it die.

DOA5 has plenty of refinements to go through, but when it does, it will have to do some serious hyping after this if they intend to stay this course. Until then, all we as fans and players CAN do is voice our concerns and wait for something cool to happen.

And dad-gummit, we're overdue for another hype trailer!

UNDERX

DOA games have always been delayed, but that is because they were managed by a crazy drunk (I still love him) lol - as far as competition, I honestly think DOA 5 will blow everyone away! :D

synce

DOA2, 3, and 4 were all rushed to meet deadlines. Look it up. And Hayashi is only producing, not directing. I think he'll be fired altogether before DOA6

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
well ... personally I always liked VF and DOA over tekken ..
.. infact i hated tekken simply for the fact that its button layout confused me (right and left punches and right and left kicks >__> ) .. and the characters just didnt appeal to me ... (until zafina's play style .. even though people saw her as crap tier.. i loved using her in 6) ...

we are tekken is a big slap in the face .. and a big challenge.
which is why I keep saying DOA needs to step up their tag game ... and they need to show that their tag system is superior ...
the trailer showed nothing special apart from some CGI crap which adds no value to the game itself and some tag throws. which i have to say they look fricken amazing ...

DOA was all about tag throws ... offensive tags ... arial tag stomps .. combo extending tags .. etc ... they need to bring all that back ... and with a huge bang ... and most importantly they need to PROMOTE IT !!

I'm extremely worried about the tag system simply for the fact that powerblows exsist .. because they have the same input ... if they were kicked out of tag play .. then its problem solved ... otherwise .. i would hate to have that shitty half-assed piece of crap abomination of a system in DOA:D ... then DOA is sure to lose big time.

plus people like numbers ... just the fact that they stated that theres over 50 characters can give any casual gamer a virtual hard on ...

tecmo need to step up their game ... hell ... it wouldnt hurt to give itagaki a ring ... pay him a little and make him the crazy spokesperson to bash tekken .. lol

on the other hand ... we as a community should support DOA... in our own way ...
I have a certain Idea on how... but i honestly need help from a DOA expert in terms of frames and the different stuns and what not .. and I cant seem to find anyone willing to help me .. if anyone is interested just send me a private message and I can fill you in on what I have planned...

DrDogg

Wow... you guys really think that "We Are Tekken" was coined because of the DOA5 slogan? Nevermind the fact that "We Are..." didn't originate with DOA or that most people outside of the DOA community didn't even know that was the DOA5 slogan. If this is a direct blow at DOA, Itagaki started it so... yeah.

There's also this lol: http://wearetekken.blogspot.com/

Also, Tekken is the best selling fighting game franchise in the world. While some people prefer DOA to Tekken, it's not a good idea to release in the same month, even if DOA releases first (which it probably won't). At this point, I'd prefer to see the game released in Q1 2013. It would move it away from TTT2 and give the team more time to refine the gameplay.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
on the other hand ... we as a community should support DOA... in our own way ...
I have a certain Idea on how... but i honestly need help from a DOA expert in terms of frames and the different stuns and what not .. and I cant seem to find anyone willing to help me .. if anyone is interested just send me a private message and I can fill you in on what I have planned...
I'm no expert at this kind of thing, but seriously? You found no one here?

Asbel Lhant

Dude seriously? Drdogg, Rikuto, Mr Wah, VirtuaPAI are guys that can help you out.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD