News ICYMI: Tecmo games on Xbox 360 will not be digitally available come next Summer.

TheHunterKiller692

A few months back, I went to double-check the Xbox 360 Marketplace, which has both Ninja Gaiden and Dead Or Alive games on it, as well as Quantum Theory. In today's support article on Xbox.com, you get the basic rundown of what will be available when the Xbox 360 Marketplace closes its doors for good. The highlights are as follows:

*360 games will be available digitally on the store for one more year, and I quote, "This will not impact how the community plays currently owned games on Xbox 360 or via backward compatibility. Players will be able to continue to download and play games they already own on Xbox 360, Xbox One, or Xbox Series X|S consoles via backward compatibility."

So, for the most part, the legacy DOA titles will remain untouched, sans DOA 5's vanilla/Ultimate editions and DOAX 1&2 (Neither DOAX game was on the store, last I checked).

*Online play for DOA 4 and 5 on Xbox 360 won't be shut down when the store goes away, unless Tecmo decides to decommission them personally. Additionally, all DLC for DOA 5 vanilla or Ultimate can be redownloaded before and after the shutdown of the 360 store, meaning that whatever costumes/cosmetics you managed to get your hands on, including the Collector's Edition premium swimsuits, will be available to redownload on your account. Otherwise, any DLC you don't get to buy will be swept off the store entirely, as well as the DOA 4 demo on the Xbox 360 store. Even so much as trailers/videos for both DOA 4 and 5 will be taken off the store, too. "If you intend to redeem codes for Xbox 360 or Original Xbox content via your Xbox 360 console, you’ll need to redeem them before July 29, 2024. This does not impact gift cards or subscription cards."

*Achievements that aren't affected by server sunsetting will still be attainable for DOA 4 and 5. And anyone willing to join in on either game for the first time will be able to get onto the store and get digital copies of them at a discount, should Koei-Tecmo "choose to participate".

*DOA 1-4 will still be available on the Xbox One and Series X stores indefinitely, at least for now.

Conclusion: I'm glad that players are able to still play DOA 5 on their own if they either can't afford or don't feel like getting an Xbox One or Series X just to play the original version of DOA 5 and/or its predecessors, but if anyone's still on the fence about these games, now's your chance to actively invite more players into the community through the Xbox 360 digital store before the deadline.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD