How I strangely "saved money" on DOA5LR for PS4...

werewolfgold

So, this is more of a funny (?) story than anything that's likely to really benefit too many others.

I didn't feel like ponying up $40 for another update (mostly since TN has been pissing me off as of late). But, I figured since it was free and I really only "main" Ayane and screw around with Hayabusa and Hayate from time to time, I'd just download CF for PS4 and screw around with that whenever I had the inkling. I had been wondering if it meant that Marie, Nyotengu, and P4 would also be unlocked since I bought them extra for Ultimate (as maybe many others did) and my DLC carried over. More bang for my nonexistent buck.

But, then something funny happened. Does anyone remember way back when (like maybe April 2014 or something) when they had a flash sale for Ultimate Core Fighters where you could get all of the DOA5 vanilla costumes for $19.99?

Well, I thought that 20 bones for all of the DOA5 vanilla outfits sounded good, so I bought it. But, I didn't realize that it also came with an unlock for all the characters in CF. (I guess they were giving away the house at the time.) So, since I already had the full game, I now had a bunch of character unlocks that were utterly useless to me in my download history...

...until now.

So, now I have basically I just own what everybody starts with for the Ultimate to LR patch minus story mode, and the DOA2 and 3 music. Except for PS4 so I get the hair trinkets and new stages (and penguins).

TL;DR: Maybe the people who were going to buy LR for PS4 have already done so. But, If anyone else took advantage of that CF costume sale way back when, you might be able to "save some money" if you don't care about the Showstoppers Encore pack that comes with the full digital version. Story mode + Raidou and Honoka+music would be $23 bucks. And if you don't care about story mode, then that's even better. That's only $10 to be on relative parity.

Obviously, if you didn't really pay money for much of anything up to this point, you should buy the full game if you want it. That's the better deal.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD