System How do you efficently use the 3 pages of the Move Details system ?

jjinkou2

@HajinShinobi detailed here

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/i-am-the-shadow-the-true-self-general-discussion.4259/page-24

how he uses the first page at training labs.
The first page will tell you the following;

- Frame of a strike; 10 (2) 14 (Initial frame start up, how long it's active, and how much recover, in that order). That is what Ayane's i10 frame jab looks like as the frame data.

- Damage - How much damage a strike actually does (Phase 4's neutral K does 20 damage on neutral hit)

- Critical Damage - How much damage a strike does as a Critical Hit and in stun threshold. Also tells you if you're in Critical Level 1, 2, 2 Critical, 3 or 3 Critical (a 2 Critcal or 3 Critical means you have reached the highest point in that level of threshold, with 3 Critical being the highest point in the stun threshold).

- Status - Tells you whether you're standing, crouching, jumping or if a strike leaves you standing or in a crouching position, or squatting. Also tells you if something evades lows.

- Type - Tells you a strike's hit level, high/mid/low, if it tracks or not. Also tells you if something is a hold, throw, offensive hold, etc.

- Advantage - Tells you the amount of advantage a strike gives, whether it's + advantage or - disadvantage on hit or block. This lets you see how much advantage you get on a stun (a jab in threshold usually gives somewhere around +32 or more, making them a very potent strike in stun threshold because that hit advantage is so high).

- Combo Damage - Displays how much damage a combo/juggle can do, and how much max damage you can possibly get.

Page two basically explains the distance between both characters, the amount of reach for a strike, throw and offensive. The distance on a knockdown and knock back (as one under Knock Back). It also tells you whether something has Close Hit properties (meaning that strike deals more damage when hit confirmed up close) and whether or not it has ground strike properties (hits opponents on the ground).

Page three details out the frame interval of a strike for follow up and start up. It also says how big or small the window is to hold while in Critical stun from that kind of strike. Whether something can be side stepped safely or evaded, if someone is stagger escaping or not, if they are side stepping. It also shows how many frames it takes to crouch or stand, as well as how many frames it takes to turn around to face forward or backward.

Let's look at this as an example; 12(2) 24 | +2 | 27 | High | Tracking

This is Ayane's neutral K strike. It is a i12 frame high kick that is +2 on neutral hit, and does 27 damage on neutral hit. It tracks as well. And it has follow ups, KK enters threshold.

This bit of information tells me a lot of things, just from the first page alone;

It's a tracking high kick that, when looked at, shows some obvious strike length to it. This tells me right off the bat that this strike has good range on it, without me looking at the second page to check the Reach. It also does 27 damage on neutral hit. That is a lot of damage for single neutral poke, this let's me know that I have the ability to fight and fend off i12 strikes from characters who have a mid strike that's a frame faster than mine (Ayane's mids are i13 frames).

This also says I do not need to use my mid strikes fight up close, and it also says it's a great range tool because of it's length. Combine the length with that damage output, it also tells me I can easily stuff a lot of different high/mid strike approaches from a lot of characters. Someone like Kasumi, for example, doesn't have a strike with damage higher than this to out prioritize it as she tries to get in.

It also tells me that it's a fine tool to use versus things like sabakis or special punch holds, or punch parries.

Before that explanation , i scratched a little bit this first page (like everyone, i understood what means 12(2) 24 | +2 | 27 | High | Tracking. ) But i didn't fully understand what can be done with that against another characters (last paragraphs from hajin.

Now i raise one more question : How do you use the 2nd and 3rd pages to find new tactics?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
The second and third pages are more or less added "flair" for the data. They give you relevant information but they more or less are something you get by "feeling them out" or just playing. The numbers don't really make sense until you actually use a command.

Followup Interval is the frames of a strike when you can input the next command (some are just frame, others have wide windows). Otherwise known as delay.

Followup frame is when you (as the player) inputted the followup command in a string.

SS Untouchable is how long you are in a SS status.

Switch frame is how quickly you go from standing to crouching and vice versa or turn from forwards to back turned position and vice versa.

Reach is how far a command reaches.

Half hit/Close hit/ground hit will light up with a 0
if a strike is capable of those properties. Close and half hits will also give you a distance at which they will occur (close hits are generally 1.2m or closer).

Knock back is how far a command will knock you back. Sometimes a move will only knock back if it is used in a stun or on Counter or higher.

All that stuff is relevant but is really things you get just by playing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD