How do YOU deal with players that stop or won't play ?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
If I'm mid match and the person suddenly stops I'll assume something happened and I'll wait
If I'm end match and the person stops I'll assume they've given up and finish it.
If I perceive the person has stopped due to pity I'll straight out leave
If the person is obviously still there but not trying ill leave.

Emulsion

I just finish it. I just see it as a free win. If they are standing still from the start I don't combo them though, just keep kicking or jabbing. They might be standing still for the first round to see what I do, so the next round they know what sort of combos I may use. Just kicking or jabbing doesn't give them any clues.

I haven't really come across many that just stand still. Only once or twice I have seen it in DOA5, haven't had it happen in Ultimate yet.

Last edited:

AkaShocka

Hm. Well when start a match I always move. Going side to side. Some players don't move at during the "Get ready" part so i usually don't throw the first strike(unless I see them all up on me during the get ready part). If I see that they are not moving, I'll just back away and wait. If the time is running out I'll tap them once and get the round but if its no time I'll just take the game if the won't move for a while. And if they are not trying I'll just tap tap tap tap tap away.

Aspect

I'm guessing you're talking about online play. I always go for the win. It takes time to find a match so if nothing else I'll take a free win. I'm not about to leave and wait to find another match just because they left for a moment.

Argentus

I'll wait. I never understood the "free win" mentality. If time runs out, so be it, I'm not interested in just smacking around a lifeless shell.

I've had to go away for a bit too, and people have waited for me to get back, even in ranked. Just good sportsmanship, as I see it.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
i don't play this game to win i play it for fun and to improve my skills if thats not happening you are wasting my time. its quicker to leave then look for a new match then it is to beat them up then find a new match.

Argentus

i don't play this game to win i play it for fun and to improve my skills if thats not happening you are wasting my time. its quicker to leave then look for a new match then it is to beat them up then find a new match.

Im usually multitasking when I play so no big deal, I just go back to whatever else i was doing while i wait lol.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I just end it, due to online being 3 rounds and 99 seconds. Offline, I set the timer to 3 rounds and 60 seconds. But I will admit that when I'm having a bad streak online and I'm losing badly, I just stop or taunt endlessly until the match is over. Fighting games make me super competitive and my blind rage clouds my judgement, especially when I lose to characters I don't like fighting (Ninjas, Jann Lee, Hitomi, Alpha-152).

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I get the match over with. If they want to waste my time oh well, one free win closer to 3000 victory titles.

David Gregg

But I will admit that when I'm having a bad streak online and I'm losing badly, I just stop or taunt endlessly until the match is over. Fighting games make me super competitive and my blind rage clouds my judgement, especially when I lose to characters I don't like fighting (Ninjas, Jann Lee, Hitomi, Alpha-152).

Hey now... :eek: that's no way to handle an opponent. Ironically, the best way to improve against characters you hate is by playing as them yourself. I really enjoy playing as Jann and Hitomi for example (you might too if you like playing as Eliot) and I find myself never having a problem with either of them just b/c I know the typical tricks they have up their sleeve (like the infamous dragon gunner and flying sidekicks x 1000).

I beat the shit out of them until they come back. If they come back before they're dead, I let them damage me until we're even again, then I resume beating the shit out of them.

You, my friend, are what they call "class". :cool:

Last edited:

Kronin

Usually this can happen to me in the beginning of a match, when almost always the person is away for some reasons.
Assuming this I always expect for at least 1 match and half, before to start to attack the opponent (that in a such case could have decided to not fight more for other reasons). Anyway if the opponent should suddenly return, like Brute I wait to receive the same quantity of damage or round won that I did to him/her, before to start a real match.

I found myself in such situations in some cases, and I have to say that almost always people make the same with me waiting for my real entry in the match.

Dave

I'll wait most of the time. I rarely stop playing, but emergency and other things do happen. Most people wait for me if I happen to have an issue, so I do the same back. If they don't come back by round three, I just end it.

Raionbomber

Standard Donor
I wouldn't even know cause I'm the one that usually ends up standing there/leaving the room because of how brutal that first round/match was lmao

FakeSypha

I'm too honorable to beat the hell out of someone when he/she is suddenly idle, so I wait. I just throw some silly taunts, do dashes back and forth, and stupid stuff alike. At the same time a part of me thinks "pssst, moron! take the free win!!! the fuck are you waiting for?!" >.<

Blazeincarnated

I do Zack Beam until they hear Zack loud as fuck on the TV. Then if they don't come in the first minute....
They are going to get rocked.....
(•_•)
( •_•)
(•_• )
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
......like a hurricane.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD