Higher level play and development strategies.

I apologize if I repeated this question or if I missed where it was posted. The question is thus... I feel like I am an above average player. Pretty decent actually when I'm playing focused without mind-altering substances ;). However I want to be better. I know that tournaments is a good way and I had planned on going to final round but wasn't able to due to some issues, however I plan to as many tournaments as I can this summer (if anyone knows of anything close to atlanta coming up soon shoot me a message). Anyway more to the point, what are some tips for analyzing replays?, stagger escaping?, and what type of punishment to use in the different punishable situations?. For those top level players what specifically do you guys feel is the cause for the separation between the pretty good and the excellent players and the most common mistakes that should be eliminated first. For reference I mainly use Hitomi and Busa but have been experimenting with Jann and Gen Fu. Also I would like a general contrast of strengths and weaknesses for Jann Lee and Gen Fu. Geez that's alot. Ok Go!

Allan Paris

I apologize if I repeated this question or if I missed where it was posted. The question is thus... I feel like I am an above average player. Pretty decent actually when I'm playing focused without mind-altering substances ;). However I want to be better. I know that tournaments is a good way and I had planned on going to final round but wasn't able to due to some issues, however I plan to as many tournaments as I can this summer (if anyone knows of anything close to atlanta coming up soon shoot me a message). Anyway more to the point, what are some tips for analyzing replays?, stagger escaping?, and what type of punishment to use in the different punishable situations?. For those top level players what specifically do you guys feel is the cause for the separation between the pretty good and the excellent players and the most common mistakes that should be eliminated first. For reference I mainly use Hitomi and Busa but have been experimenting with Jann and Gen Fu. Also I would like a general contrast of strengths and weaknesses for Jann Lee and Gen Fu. Geez that's alot. Ok Go!

Yes, this question is constantly being asked in some way or another. I will eventually find that thread and merge it with it soon. If you want info on specific characters go to the character sub-forums and ask questions there if your questions aren't already present in the forums.

Good to see another GA player coming out to play. Fred Campbell is trying to get the scene together down there now. He's mainly on DOAWorld.com, message him on there if your trying to meet up with the other players that are down there. You could also look in the matching forum on here to see who else is down there and is active on this site.

Good Luck.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD