Hey there urr body

PuertoRicanStyL

New DoA player here. Got the game when it was on the sale during countdown thing. After playing with most of the characters, I've chosen Kokoro to be my main. There's a few other characters I like too. But I like Kokoro the best out of them, so I'll be devoting most of my playing time to learning her.

I have some 3D fighting experience with Virtua Fighter 5 and VF5:FS, also being from that community. Am an Akira player in that game. (I thought some of her moves looked pretty familiar, dat same style ^-^ Realized it during story mode). Pretty noOb to the whole fighting system n what not in this game. But I'm having lots of fun playing and learning it and my character as I go on.

I'll be sliding through here with questions n stuff. I can't think of any right now.. They usually pop in my head while I'm playing.

See yall around :)

EDIT: Oh yeah. I'm glad I came across all her hit throw options in the Wiki here. Pretty disappointed about it when I found out. I thought when I chose her, we'd share everything with each other. lol, Ahh I'm just kiddin. But, Is there any other hidden stuff she has that the game doesn't tell you about in her command training and/or movelist? Or is that pretty much it.

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
It doesn't list a good deal of moves, but the vast majority are basically the same thing from different starters.

Commmanda Panda

Hey welcome to DoA :) Kokoro is definitely fun to use and she is pretty easy to pick if you are new. If you ever want to get some matches on XBL just add me.

EDIT: Oh yeah. I'm glad I came across all her hit throw options in the Wiki here. Pretty disappointed about it when I found out. I thought when I chose her, we'd share everything with each other. lol, Ahh I'm just kiddin. But, Is there any other hidden stuff she has that the game doesn't tell you about in her command training and/or movelist? Or is that pretty much it.

Command Training leaves out some strikes that can go into her Heichu stance, but other than that I think it covers most of her stuff.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
If I remember them all, you can get into Heichu stance from 66P+K, 2H+K, 8P, and 3PP. Also the strings that contain those moves (PP2K, 9PP2K).

For the Heichu throw, you can get there from PP, 236P+K, 2K, 33P, and strings contain those moves (P2K, 4P2K).

EDIT: While we're on the topic of move properties, someone should probably take over and fix all the mistakes I made with the frame data, 'cause I don't even play Kokoro anymore and I'm too lazy to fix all the mistakes I made during my feverish note taking even if I did.

PuertoRicanStyL

Hey welcome to DoA :) Kokoro is definitely fun to use and she is pretty easy to pick if you are new. If you ever want to get some matches on XBL just add me.

Command Training leaves out some strikes that can go into her Heichu stance, but other than that I think it covers most of her stuff.

Sounds good, I'll add ya.

Commmanda Panda

EDIT: While we're on the topic of move properties, someone should probably take over and fix all the mistakes I made with the frame data, 'cause I don't even play Kokoro anymore and I'm too lazy to fix all the mistakes I made during my feverish note taking even if I did.

I'll look into it if i have the chance or if someone else is already working on it

NightAntilli

If I remember them all, you can get into Heichu stance from 66P+K, 2H+K, 8P, and 3PP. Also the strings that contain those moves (PP2K, 9PP2K).

For the Heichu throw, you can get there from PP, 236P+K, 2K, 33P, and strings contain those moves (P2K, 4P2K).

You can also go into Heichu throw from 66P+K. Uh... Well, you could in DOA5 and almost no one knew about it. Didn't test if you could do it in DOA5U as well, but I assume you still can. There's BT 4P as well.

Bushido

You can also go into Heichu throw from 66P+K. Uh... Well, you could in DOA5 and almost no one knew about it. Didn't test if you could do it in DOA5U as well, but I assume you still can. There's BT 4P as well.
Still can.

Anyway, welcome to DoA. Wish I could play with you and help a bit, but I'm only on PS3 sadly. :( Enjoy your time with Kokoro though, she's fun.

PuertoRicanStyL

Yea, it is strange that those things are left out while going through command training and combo challenge, especially with how in depth the tutorial goes. Even with other things like holding jumping kicks and punches. It's on the list, but it just skips them.

Anyways. I also read that she has 2 sabakis. One I know of is 44+P (which the game doesn't tell you is a sabaki) for mid punches. Man, that window is tight for that to work! But what other move of hers is a sabaki? I've only came across that one in this section, and it was stated she had 2 of em.

Commmanda Panda

Anyways. I also read that she has 2 sabakis. One I know of is 44+P (which the game doesn't tell you is a sabaki) for mid punches. Man, that window is tight for that to work! But what other move of hers is a sabaki? I've only came across that one in this section, and it was stated she had 2 of em.
its her critical burst, 7P. It's for high punchs. This also has a small window in order to catch the punch

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I think I've had 7P actually sabaki once. Most of the time it'll just crush. I wouldn't really rely on Kokoro's sabakis. Neither are especially good. In fact, they're not good at all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD