Helena 1.04

Doug Nguyen

With the patch delayed and the SE glitch. Dont you think Helena needs better sitdown stuns so she can chain sit down stuns together like the rest of the cast or even just get something guaranteed? And with her tech nerf, she needs buffs. So just explain your ideas here.

Here are a few sit down stuns i think could work.

1.3KK
2. 236P+K, wont be completely useless now.
3. 214! make it faster first.

I think with just a few sit down stuns, she could be a great character and not have to rely on force teching. Ill add more when i think of some, but its late, so hopefully you guys can add to this.

KwonJigglypuff

Agree with number 2.
You mean 214P for number 3, right? Why not. :)

But I also want more PFTs (love that "individuality" if I may say) and more speed in general, more ponytail, but that is never going to happen.

I was quite happy with patch 1.03, so hopefully 1.04 won't change her too much in a bad way......

PS : having a third CB would (perhaps) be too much, but I wouldn't mind if BT 7P was a CB too. But yeah, three CB moves is probably too much... except, if CB-ing the ennemy is an individuality, cause I'm a bit lost now that she doesn't have that many PFTs.
Oh and I miss her old 33P4P...

Doug Nguyen

Agree with number 2.
You mean 214P for number 3, right? Why not. :)

But I also want more PFTs (love that "individuality" if I may say) and more speed in general, more ponytail, but that is never going to happen.

I was quite happy with patch 1.03, so hopefully 1.04 won't change her too much in a bad way......

PS : having a third CB would (perhaps) be too much, but I wouldn't mind if BT 7P was a CB too. But yeah, three CB moves is probably too much... except, if CB-ing the ennemy is an individuality, cause I'm a bit lost now that she doesn't have that many PFTs.
Oh and I miss her old 33P4P...
7P would actually fit perfectly for a CB. And yeah I meant just P. and yeah, I really like her PFT, it really made Helena a beast at keeping the pressure going.

KwonJigglypuff

7P would actually fit perfectly for a CB. And yeah I meant just P. and yeah, I really like her PFT, it really made Helena a beast at keeping the pressure going.

Exactly.
I think they failed at making Helena a "tricky" character. They wanted her to be hard to master or something, I don't know exactly what her individuality is, but she doesn't look that tricky now. Mindgame isn't that fun.
I'm sure she would blow people's minds and play with their brains if she had a third CB. Opponents would have to take care of these 3-in-1 moves, and her BKO/BT stances would become more dangerous for the others.
It's just my opinion. Do you think it is too cheap ? I mean SURE there are other ways to buff a character, but I really like that new tool they had in DOA5 and I'm so happy with that BKO_CB already..
(Actually, I can see Brad having a third CB too [new move : BT 9P], but... that's just a fantasy)

I doubt people would ever accept the fact she has 3 CBs anyway. Max would probably cry I think.

BUT YEAH, instead of creating new moves, I think they should focus already on the existing ones (236P+K..)

Doug Nguyen

Exactly.
I think they failed at making Helena a "tricky" character. They wanted her to be hard to master or something, I don't know exactly what her individuality is, but she doesn't look that tricky now. Mindgame isn't that fun.
I'm sure she would blow people's minds and play with their brains if she had a third CB. Opponents would have to take care of these 3-in-1 moves, and her BKO/BT stances would become more dangerous for the others.
It's just my opinion. Do you think it is too cheap ? I mean SURE there are other ways to buff a character, but I really like that new tool they had in DOA5 and I'm so happy with that BKO_CB already..
(Actually, I can see Brad having a third CB too [new move : BT 9P], but... that's just a fantasy)

I doubt people would ever accept the fact she has 3 CBs anyway. Max would probably cry I think.

BUT YEAH, instead of creating new moves, I think they should focus already on the existing ones (236P+K..)
Haha yeah Max hates Helena. But is her BKO cb that useful? Can't I just cancel out of BKO and do her standing CB?

Omegan Eckhart

Haha yeah Max hates Helena. But is her BKO cb that useful? Can't I just cancel out of BKO and do her standing CB?
Her CB from BKO is very hard to react to, unlike 7P which you can wait for the start up animation and counter pretty easily seeing as 7P is very distinctive.

On topic:
22/88P +23 on CH w/ fastest SE
BT 7P +17 on CH w/ fastest SE
6PP & 3PPP + 16 on CH w/ fastest SE

All 3in1's 0 on block so they can no longer be punished by Busa, Hayate and Alpha's 7K or any characters 2P.

Wishful thinking though TN never pays attention to this shit so don't get your hopes up.

Omegan Eckhart

Ohh yeah, never really noticed that. Is her BKO CB any faster?
It looks faster but I don't know for certain. Every CB is either 19 or 20F so I would assume it is similar.
Maybe JigglyPuff can tell you seeing as he is on the PS3 and has access to 1.03.

KwonJigglypuff

It looks faster but I don't know for certain. Every CB is either 19 or 20F so I would assume it is similar.
Maybe JigglyPuff can tell you seeing as he is on the PS3 and has access to 1.03.

Just checked and both are 20F.

All characters's CBs are crafted to be : mid kick/punch and 20F
(except Mila/Tina/Christie/Hitomi/Hayate/19F, Zack²/17F and Kokoro/12F!).

vINv

Reads and learns so can some one explain her nerfs to me exactly so i can prepare for them

Doug Nguyen

Reads and learns so can some one explain her nerfs to me exactly so i can prepare for them
Basically, her pseudo force techs are not as good. Meaning they can tech before the last hit in the hand slaps. Also she lost some wall blow backs on her sit down stuns, which was suppose to be good. But since those dont guaranteed anything really. The wall splat at least gave us guaranteed damage, but now thats gone. But dont take my word, because i dont have the patch yet and im only listening from what i here from others, even then, i could be repeating it wrong. Oh yeah and since most people got even more buffed, Helena's nerf is kinda made even worse.

vINv

Yikes looks like we hav to work even harder for or wins now .... Thats okay im not giving up on her as long she still dfx2 p still ducks highs and leaves at plus 36 or so we have hope insta bukado set ups with new cb theirs still hope sorry for notation (used to tekken notation)

milechaser

Her new CB is pretty useful I think. I've used it quite a few times to get opponents into critical stun (usually right after 4P2P), and then CB with 7P right after. I feel like it makes it a little less awkward to CB with her now.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD