Helena 1.03 Changes

ninjaguy446

[NEW MOVE] Bokuho 6P+K: added a new Critical Burst move.

236P+K: changed advantage on guard from 0 to +1F.

66P, PP4_PP, PPP, 4PPP, back-turned 6P: changed disadvantage on guard from -9 to -5F.

6PP, 3PPP: removed wall blow back.

PP2K, 4PPKK, 44PP2PPK, 9P2K, 1PPK, 6KK, 2H+K, back-turned PP4PPKK, back-turned 4PP2PPK, back-turned 6KK, back-turned 2K, bokuho 4PKK, bokuho 6KK: added half hit attribute.

Sidestep P: changed hit reaction on normal hit to belly stun, removed wall blow back.

Bokuho P: Changed startup from 12 to 11F. (1/22/2013 UPDATE)

Omegan Eckhart

This is nice.

Ha! They could make this move +100 and it would still be useless, should have just removed it from the game.

66P, PP4_PP, PPP, 4PPP, back-turned 6P: changed disadvantage on guard from -9 to -5F.
Nice to have some safe moves back, well non grappler safe anyway.

I think this means it doesn't interact with walls(?) If that is right then that's a plus I guess.

PP2K, 4PPKK, 44PP2PPK, 9P2K, 1PPK, 6KK, 2H+K, back-turned PP4PPKK, back-turned 4PP2PPK, back-turned 6KK, back-turned 2K, bokuho 4PKK, bokuho 6KK: added half hit attribute.
My hands are up I don't get this.

Sidestep P: changed hit reaction on normal hit to belly stun, removed wall blow back.
Doesn't sounds too useful.

All in all some fairly useless buff's. Our sit down stuns are still only +13 to +15 at best so no guaranteed CB set ups for us. I was hoping guaranteed set ups were going to be a universal thing but it looks like only the current top tiers are allowed that shit.

djynho

well at least it looks like the force tech is still in
Not necessarily. Ducking being trippled in speed (you can now block a low atack in 1F and crouch against high attacks/throws in 2F) means that you might be able to block Helena's strikes after her speudo force tech and literally react to her low mix ups and since Bko duck is still the same speed, you might be able to also react to her bko throw. If this is true then she might well go back to bottom mid tier at best

Omegan Eckhart

Helena is going to be worse off overall seeing as wake up kicks have been nerfed anyway so her ability to remove them isn't such a big deal any more. Her 2K from BKO will be much easier to react to now so her mix up from her +4 pseudo force tech is going to be much less threatening.

She is still a DOA4 character though, no good unholdable stuns, no real advantage from her BT throw or her 214 throw and her BKO duck still recovers slow.

Helena is mid tier now, definitely not high seeing as she can only poke and hope you guess wrong constantly. For Helena players this patch is pretty much meaningless.

Doug Nguyen

Helena is going to be worse off overall seeing as wake up kicks have been nerfed anyway so her ability to remove them isn't such a big deal any more. Her 2K from BKO will be much easier to react to now so her mix up from her +4 pseudo force tech is going to be much less threatening.

She is still a DOA4 character though, no good unholdable stuns, no real advantage from her BT throw or her 214 throw and her BKO duck still recovers slow.

Helena is mid tier now, definitely not high seeing as she can only poke and hope you guess wrong constantly. For Helena players this patch is pretty much meaningless.
Could you explain why Helena's 2K from BKO will be easier to react too, is it because the duck speed is faster?

Dravidian

I do not understand what they mean by half-hit. I'm assuming it's a move that does less stun than normal, but I'm not sure.

Just relieved there are changes! I didn't see her name in the front page post. I can't say I wasn't hoping for more, like a speed increase, an ability to deal with lows in BKO (BKO hop anyone?) or an across the board treatment for Uryu Banda variants but I'm sure we're all breathing a sigh of relief that nothing got worse. (Thank you force tech/ PFT) also I want 2hk to GB. All and all I offer a heartfelt and most importantly non-incendiary "whatever" to TN. Mine and Hele's journey shall continue as before.

Ps. Except for the BKO CB thanks TN XD
PPs Buff mah ponytail!!!

DR2K

Not necessarily. Ducking being trippled in speed (you can now block a low atack in 1F and crouch against high attacks/throws in 2F) means that you might be able to block Helena's strikes after her speudo force tech and literally react to her low mix ups and since Bko duck is still the same speed, you might be able to also react to her bko throw. If this is true then she might well go back to bottom mid tier at best

You can't duck on on disadvantage. You're still guessing between high and low. FYI you have a 0 frame low hold that you can use to defend against her sweep.Her loops are still going to potent.

Regardless Helena can play outside the loop now, with all her open palm moves being safe and a few more damageing options her sitdown stun not wall splatting is very good and her new CB is going to be nasty.

The universal health bar being lower makes her combos go a lot further.

So overall the best character in the game got buffed. *high fives Team Ninja*

synce

Looks like a mixed bag of nerfs and buffs to me. They made some of her moves safer (though online it doesn't matter) and now some lows do half damage at max range due to added half-hit property. New CB sounds interesting

Doug Nguyen

Looks like a mixed bag of nerfs and buffs to me. They made some of her moves safer (though online it doesn't matter) and now some lows do half damage at max range due to added half-hit property. New CB sounds interesting
Does the half damage at max range thing effect all characters or just Helena?

synce

It's news to be but I think it might be a universal thing. In the changelog only Kasumi and Helena have changes related to half hit properties

djynho

You can't duck on on disadvantage. You're still guessing between high and low. FYI you have a 0 frame low hold that you can use to defend against her sweep.Her loops are still going to potent.
After the patch, if crouching gets tripled in speed like it says it is, after her blender if I tech roll I can block all her moves high mid and low in theory. I won't be at disadvantage to the point where I'm force to guess much anymore since, in theory, I will be able to, on reation, crouch and block her lows faster. While also being able to crouch fast enough to evade her BKO throw. Keyword theory as we don't know yet how the boost in speed will affect the game. And problem with using a low hold is that you're force to make a decision between mids and lows (I won't have to worry about highs) and if I guess wrong I will be in recovery mode and will get deeply stunned and at this point WILL have to ge on the guessing train until the next blender station. With the other option, I can fuzzy guard between her mid/low mixups. In any case we have to wait and see after the patch comes out.

DR2K

After the patch, if crouching gets tripled in speed like it says it is, after her blender if I tech roll I can block all her moves high mid and low in theory. I won't be at disadvantage to the point where I'm force to guess much anymore since, in theory, I will be able to, on reation, crouch and block her lows faster. While also being able to crouch fast enough to evade her BKO throw. Keyword theory as we don't know yet how the boost in speed will affect the game. And problem with using a low hold is that you're force to make a decision between mids and lows (I won't have to worry about highs) and if I guess wrong I will be in recovery mode and will get deeply stunned and at this point WILL have to ge on the guessing train until the next blender station. With the other option, I can fuzzy guard between her mid/low mixups. In any case we have to wait and see after the patch comes out.

It didn't say you could crouch on disadvantage. You're still at disadvantage as far as this changelist is concerned. So why would you being able to crouch 3 times faster in neuteral suddenly make her loops ineffective?

djynho

Not at all. She will be as effective as she was especially, as you said, that with her buffs she doesn't even need to rely on the blender at all. I'm saying that reacting to her, for example, pp strings that have the low and mid mix ups that was giving people so much trouble before will be easier to block on reaction cause you should be able to "see" which one she's doing and stand block or crouching block depending, on reaction since it takes less frame to crouch now. But no way, Helena will still be a nightmare to most players. Dx

djynho

And IMO her loop is still effective. Just not as effective as it was before cause you had to really guess what she was gonna do next after the pseudo tech. That's if the patch really affect the game like it says it will speed wise.

Juss2Nyce

I'm confused about what the numbers represent

XV MR ARMANI

Oh yeahhhh, the fact that her sitdown stun doesn't interact with the wall could set up for some nasty shit! I'm ready lol.

Does anybody know what a half hit is? Does it mean that if you end any combo with her little foot poke move instead of it being a solid 10 or 12 hit combo it means the combo will be 10.5 or 12.5 hits? If thats the case, wtf Team Ninja

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD