Halloween DLC 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhominid The Demon Within

And that's the thing, we might not see a top ten costume, because there might be something, that Team Ninja deems inappropriate. Maybe just something very small. I think, it's really commendable, that they won't change a costume too much, to not offend the designer in any way, but that apparently leads to winner costumes (like belly dancer Marie Rose) to not be included. :/

And you KNOW that would lead into a backlash, especially if the last set of costumes that are Top 10(not just yours and Axel's) are in fact in LR.
People will feel smug, people will feel pissed and TN would lose AGAIN trying to play that commendable game. It's honestly a lose-lose situation right there.

David Gregg

Guys, this might not even be Marie Rose...or she get's a new hairstyle for that costume...? :confused:

Where do her pretty high on the head situated pigtails go in this costume?

BzOgef_CIAA8yaI.jpg:large

I don't think, the hat will hover above Marie's head, like in the original design:

1518337_550984938338929_4717657818859976671_o.jpg

That would look kinda weird in 3D and very unrealistic.

I'm hoping she does get a new hairstyle. If they could give a VF character a new hairstyle for the witch hat why not Marie as well? XD

RoboJoe

I honestly want to hold out some small shred of hope that my design for Akira made it in. But then there's the almighty Bananakira. I realize that I have no chance in life that's ever gonna happen D:

I wouldn't expect Bananakira to make it in due to probable severe clipping issues. Yours could still make it in.

KwonJigglypuff

I don't like Marie-Rose's costume for Halloween. I could develop a bit, but I guess it's just a matter of tastes and impressions. Plus we already had Sarah (same color) and Lisa as witches last year so it's not really unique...

They could have made the belly dancer costume less transparent and skimpy, I would have totally bought it. It fits her fighting style A LOT.

3904_11920_25025.jpg

Brute

Standard Donor
I honestly want to hold out some small shred of hope that my design for Akira made it in. But then there's the almighty Bananakira. I realize that I have no chance in life that's ever gonna happen D:
Here are the possibilities:

1) TN makes neither costume for this pack since both were created for the first contest, not the Halloween one. They make one of the ones submitted specifically for Halloween or design their own for him.

2) TN doesn't give Akira an outfit at all this round because he's a VF and... and because he's a VF.

3) TN makes your outfit because it's cool and they would prefer making something cool over something nutritious (note that they are not simply choosing contest winners and those with the highest vote counts).

4) They make Bananakira and all of mankind is forgiven for their sins.

Princess Kasumi

I don't like Marie-Rose's costume for Halloween. I could develop a bit, but I guess it's just a matter of tastes and impressions. Plus we already had Sarah (same color) and Lisa as witches last year so it's not really unique...

They could have made the belly dancer costume less transparent and skimpy, I would have totally bought it. It fits her fighting style A LOT.

3904_11920_25025.jpg
I forgot Sarah's witch costume! O__O I'm acutally glad you mentioned it but at the same time, I'm not looking forward to it the same way as I did earlier today.
I really wish they would have picked something unique that does not exist yet. Kitty Marie. Cupid Marie. Ice Princess Marie. Those 3 would have been the most unique costumes for her buuuut noo.. they didn't pick any of those for her.

I'm really dissapointed now. :/

Argentus

I honestly don't remember any of the other Mila costumes besides van helsing and my own bancho mila outfit.. though I don't think the art was good enough in mine for anyone to give a second look.

Ggghrrreaaaaaaaggghhhhhhh why did these costume contests have to happen while I live in my damn car?! My computer with Photoshop is in storage...

Kronin

Hey, Viewtiful Tina made it in...

But I gotta be completely frank, if the Number 1 and Number 2 doesn't make it in, I expect a backlash really fast.

I'm sure that we will see definitely the first two outfits of the Halloween top ten in the DLC: like I said, if TN added the the top two of the first contest even for their placement, for fairness will do the same with the second contest (overall the Succubus Ayane considering how is an theme popular for the character even between the Western fans that I saw in the communities on web)

3904_11920_25025.jpg

I agree that could works pretty well on Marie Rose a such outfit, by the way the "problem" of the witch costume for Marie Rose IMO is just the purple color, because for the rest the outfits appear to me different between them:

DOA5U_Sarah_Halloween_Screen.jpg

1518337_5509849383389gujzp.jpg

Personally the fact that Sarah has already a witch outfit personally doesn't bother me because I use often her and Marie Rose as a tag team (considering the similarities between the two characters, sometimes I end to think for fun to them almost as sisters XD): now maybe there are even two outfits perfect for using a such couple :p

I honestly don't remember any of the other Mila costumes besides van helsing and my own bancho mila outfit.. though I don't think the art was good enough in mine for anyone to give a second look.

Ggghrrreaaaaaaaggghhhhhhh why did these costume contests have to happen while I live in my damn car?! My computer with Photoshop is in storage...

For everyone want see again all the outfits partecipating to the contest, here the link:
https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/doa5u_dc2

KwonJigglypuff

I forgot Sarah's witch costume! O__O I'm acutally glad you mentioned it but at the same time, I'm not looking forward to it the same way as I did earlier today.
I really wish they would have picked something unique that does not exist yet. Kitty Marie. Cupid Marie. Ice Princess Marie. Those 3 would have been the most unique costumes for her buuuut noo.. they didn't pick any of those for her.

I'm really dissapointed now. :/

Kitty and tutu for Marie-Rose, my two favourite things. Not sure about the color and the design though..

Byu79CNCYAAE0dJ.jpg

Kronin

This one looks so damn cool.
031.jpg

I agree, the only problem is that this outfit was already sent to the first contest (btw no rule seemed to prevent someone to repost the same design) and that doesn't depict really an Halloween theme or simply a not ordinary costume. However I would love to see it included in the game as DLC, seems to me a great outfit for Brad Wong.

nothingtosee

I love Tina's costume even if i dont really use her as a character, its fun colourful and not that trashy unlike the majority of Tina's costumes so kudos TN.
Marie Rose's costume is a complete mess. I like the witch theme a lot and it couldve been used with Maries lolita style pretty well (brands like alice and the pirates did it). But what we're getting is a balnd ass digimon costume.
Even the belly dancer costume that didnt fit with her style could still be used if Helena got her arabian dress as well

LittlePrince-Helena

I hope the costume I voted for Helena will be in the game! But I don't know if it was popular among Helena's fans. It was the one that reminded me about Ribbon no kishi

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD