System Half Walls vs. Full Walls vs. Invisible Walls

Lulu

There's probably already a thread about this some where but I couldn't find it (probably because I made absolutely no attempt to look for it ;) ).

Anyway my specific question is in terms of regular wall Slam Juggles.... other than the speed at which the opponent recovers from the second slam into a half wall: whats the difference between a Half Wall and a Full Wall ?

I don't think I've ever had to modify my wall slam combos for the different walls so is there something I'm missing ? Am I not using a Maximum Damage wall slam combos ?

Also if anyone has questions about walls then feel free to ask them here.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
The animation is the only thing that is different about the wall sizes aside from recovery speed.
If a character sticks to the wall completely then falls to the ground then they have hit a full wall.
A half wall has the appearance of a character bending backwards at the waist before falling to the ground.
And invisible wall is a stage area limitation so that a knocked away character cannot go out of the fighting area, you can do knock back launches on these walls.

Edit:
Here you go.

Last edited:

Lulu

Thanks...... walls aren't even my thing (unless I play a Striker). I just wanted to make sure I wasn't leaving anything on the table.

KING JAIMY

Question: What's the best way to set up a wall combo while avoiding angled wall hits which screw up your combo? I've heard about moves like Akira's :2::H+K::P::P: which are called re-tracking moves (?). How do I find those to ensure I don't get an angled wall hit?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Began typing to answer the question one way then realized what you meant.

Set up the wall combo so that you are facing head on to the wall. Based on the forward motion of the combo you could en up either getting an angled wall hit or a full wall hit. One that sticks out to me is Ein's wall hit into :3::P: :6::K::K:. This is his highest damage wall combo, except more often than not the followup wall hit will become an angled hit because Ein moves forward a lot when doing :6::K::K:. Characters that don't move a lot benefit from being able to do full combos while others have to modify combos so that you don't get the angled hit. Because you want full hits for the advantage from a full wall hit Ein's more useful wall combos become :P::P::6::P::K: or :1::K::6::P::K:.

I know Akira's :2::H+K::P::P: moves a big distance.

Lulu

Question: What's the best way to set up a wall combo while avoiding angled wall hits which screw up your combo? I've heard about moves like Akira's :2::H+K::P::P: which are called re-tracking moves (?). How do I find those to ensure I don't get an angled wall hit?

Well it is a string.... I've noticed that some strings will Rotate to line up with the wall to give a clean wall splat...... I've also noticed that some strings don't do this.

Same goes of Breakable Objects.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Hayabusa players hate invisible walls. WR 4K relaunch goes nuts and it doesn't always happen when you're expecting it to. The awkward timing of the extra high launch combined with recovery doesn't even allow for anything cool with that launch.

WAZAAAAA

Hayabusa players hate invisible walls. WR 4K relaunch goes nuts and it doesn't always happen when you're expecting it to. The awkward timing of the extra high launch combined with recovery doesn't even allow for anything cool with that launch.
Remember when Hayabusa had a truly badass handstand and comboing those attacks wasn't an issue? :-(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD