Community FSD Tournament of the Year 2013

Julius Rage

This thread will be used to submit and discuss nominations for FreeStepDodge.com's, 2013, Dead or Alive Tournament of the year.

Each poster may nominate ONE (Offline) Tournament. Along with your nomination, please include an explanantion as to why you believe this Tournament to be the best of the best over the last 12 months.

Number of competitiors, Quality of competition, free alcohol...whatever your personal criteria for a nomination, is fair explanantion but be forewarned that other members may feel inclined to question your nomination - debate is encouraged, be prepared to justifiy your pick.​

Jaguar360

I think the Fall Classic was tournament of the year. So many hype matches especially since this was before DOA5U came out. The Alpha mirror matches with Lopedo and Xcalibur Bladez in the finals were awesome and Sweet Revenge, MASTER, and Rikuto had some good matches there as well. Of course, I wasn't actually AT any of the tournaments so I can't testify for anything related to that.

Julius Rage

I think the Fall Classic was tournament of the year. So many hype matches especially since this was before DOA5U came out. The Alpha mirror matches with Lopedo and Xcalibur Bladez in the finals were awesome and Sweet Revenge, MASTER, and Rikuto had some good matches there as well. Of course, I wasn't actually AT any of the tournaments so I can't testify for anything related to that.

Youre actually talking about Final Round.
And id say that was the tournament of the year as well.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I vote TFC for tournament of the year for MANY reasons. The tournament itself was a fun event to be a part of and to witness. The top 8 was great. A lot of old and new solid FGC players showed up. Even players showed up that I have not seen since 2U(Fab comes to mind). The team battle tournament was solid and so was the New School vs Old School(Which it was a honor for me to even make the nominee list). DOA1 money matches(I'll get you next time Sorwah). DOA5U Money Matches(Blackwhiteboi was on a role). DOA4 and 5U casuals like crazy. Let's not forget the DOA5U Launch party which was crazy hype(even if I was drunk before and after). The solid attendance for the event. The only thing I would've been mad about is if I made top 8 just to find out there was only a top 3 pay out. I don't know who idea that was.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
TFC was the best tournament despite there being a number of dropped combos the game had only been a few weeks and everyone was playing like their lives depended on it. The Alpha mirrors were incredible, the Rachel play was awesome, the rise of Sweet Revenge's Genfu began and the talent was just insane.

From a spectator view, I would pay to see another tournament like that now.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
TFC. Just about everyone in the offline community was there. One of the only DOA majors where top 32 was stacked.

Xernuht

Strictly from an observational standpoint, TFC. Pretty much the highest-stakes tournament for DOA5, with a stunning turnout. It was hyped, there was hype all the way to the end, and I wish I had actually been there to see it myself.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD