Community FSD Match of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius Rage

This thread will be used to submit and discuss nominations for FreeStepDodge.com's, 2013, Dead or Alive
Match of the year.

Each poster may nominate ONE Dead or Alive 5/5U Match. Along with your nomination, please include a link to said match or series of matches. Since these are videos, they'll mostly speak for themselves but a little bit of explanantion could go a long way in winning votes for your favorite throwdown.

Jaguar360

I nominate the Alpha vs. Alpha mirror matches between Lopedo and Xcalibur Bladez. Can't find the video for them, but the matches were intense, fast-paced and crazy.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Match of the year: Lopedo vs. Sorwah at TFC

Raw visceral pressure and skill meets environmental perfection character loyalist. It's one of the best matches I've seen period. Lopedo thought he had it in the bag from the start and his skills were truly put to the test.

You know how you watch combos of environmental damage be done in Youtube videos? They aren't pulling that shit in actual matches. Sorwah did on scramble, and it was an incredible sight to watch his Bass go in. Each player had their own set of skills, and everything unfolded exactly how a major match should.

Honorable Mention: Emann vs. Master at Final Round

I believe it was Ends of the Earth, Hayabusa and Christie. Both fighters were giving it everything they had... and Master held his own so incredibly well with combos that only HE could do during a live tournament major. But this?

A big reason this wasn't my match of the year is simply because I didn't like the overall outcome of the match. Master stole the show... but Emann (who's also awesome) took the match...

Last edited by a moderator:

BloodBurger

Probably the best match I saw all year in any game between 2 up and coming DOA players, AFD ThatOneAznJosh and iTheApprentice:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
For this one there should probably be a list and then people vote based on those. Too many tournaments, too many players, too many matches. Gotta narrow it down.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
I also enjoy matches with Mr. Wah in them. I can't think one right now but I do remember first seeing him in DOA 5 launch party tournament. And there was another when he cosplayed as Bass but I think there's more than 1 of those unless it was the same event. YouTube is pretty messy with videos.

Julius Rage

I also enjoy matches with Mr. Wah in them. I can't think one right now but I do remember first seeing him in DOA 5 launch party tournament. And there was another when he cosplayed as Bass but I think there's more than 1 of those unless it was the same event. YouTube is pretty messy with videos.

Well, you have till the end of the day to pull one up on youtube that you like.

Showmewhatchatalkinbout!

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
It was Mr. Wah vs Master for the DOA 5 launch party. Final Round was when he did the awesome cosplay. But I will vote for Mr. Wah VS Lopedo. The one I was thinking of was him vs Air gear. But after seeing the lopedo match I changed my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD