Community FSD Character of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius Rage

This thread will be used to submit and discuss nominations for FreeStepDodge.com's, 2013, Dead or Alive character of the year.​

Each poster may nominate ONE character. Along with your nomination, please include an explanantion as to why you believe this character to be the best of the best over the last 12 months.

Tournament winning averages, personal comfortablity...whatever your criteria for a nomination is fair explanantion but be forewarned that other members may feel inclined to question your nomination - debate is encouraged, be prepared to justifiy your pick.

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I nominate Christie she seem like one of the few that seemed able to contest with the VF superiority we had and has remained a threat through out, also she's hot as fuck.

BloodBurger

I'd have to pick Gen-Fu. He's the best character in the game. Dominating performances by players like Sweet Revenge, AFD Hajin Shinobi and AFD A1RGEAR made me a believer.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Unless TN fucks up royally I think Gen Fu will always be top tier. Reason I chose her over him is be use from my understanding Christie didn't used to be too good but this year she's been kicking much ass this just seems like it's been her year it's not just that she's strong it's how far she's come in comparison.

Brute

Standard Donor
Leon. I really, really wanted to give this to Hayabusa because he's mother-fucking Hayabusa, but Leon deserves it. His triumphant return into an absolute beast with a new look but the same attitude has finally cemented him a solid place in the competitive sense as a force to be reckoned with. Leon should take it.

Nameless Sama

I nominate Ryu because he is my Main. Ah I have to many reasons. I dont know If I should write much more or a little text. I just begin. MASTER have done for so much for Ryu like his Combo Video. I really like this guy not because of his skills I like his personalty and he represents this character very well. I cant read minds but I would say he thinks like Hey I gonna go to the tournaments and do what I can to win. I really nominate this Character for this year. Ryu doesnt get so much attention in DOA as he does in NG.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I gotta nominate Ayane. I can't count how many WNF's Hajinshinobi has torn up with her purple-haired ass. Shit, she even has her own 30+ minute combo video. I've also had the most success in my local scene with Ayane and don't see that changing in 2014. She's a force to be reckoned with and only gets stronger as she's explored more and more. Long live the Kunoichi with Murderous Intent! :ayane:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
This isn't going to be a popular vote, but I vote Alpha-152. No boss has made an impact like she has in my opinion. At the very beginning she was considered to be a novelty, but now I consider her to be a character that should be held to high esteem. She has won majors, kept her fan-base despite the constant nerfs, and managed to survive a ban hammer request from, Lord Carl.

Not only this, but she still has plenty of tricks that haven't been discussed or shared still giving her a certain enigma factor. I love this character. I love how different she is from the other characters, but still manages to be a ton of fun and fits in with the game flow of combat.

My honorable mention is Genfu.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
This isn't going to be a popular vote, but I vote Alpha-152. No boss has made an impact like she has in my opinion. At the very beginning she was considered to be a novelty, but now I consider her to be a character that should be held to high esteem. She has won majors, kept her fan-base despite the constant nerfs, and managed to survive a ban hammer request from, Lord Carl.

Not only this, but she still has plenty of tricks that haven't been discussed or shared still giving her a certain enigma factor. I love this character. I love how different she is from the other characters, but still manages to be a ton of fun and fits in with the game flow of combat.

My honorable mention is Genfu.
No love for the Bird Man?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
You're asking the wrong person that question. That question should be pinned to Team Nina's door before entering work every day, and I'll never forgive them for not even saying they won't be adding him. So most disrespectful moment of the year goes to Team Ninja, and their lack of ability to see what their fans need and want.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I'd have to pick Gen-Fu. He's the best character in the game. Dominating performances by players like Sweet Revenge, AFD Hajin Shinobi and AFD A1RGEAR made me a believer.

Not Ayane? :/

Anywho, I vote for Ayane. This character has everything needed in this game to combat the entire cast, even Genfu (difficult but not terrible). I've won a lot of local tournaments with this character, and I will get out to majors next year to showcase her strength as well. SCR2014 being the first.

Ayane has always been a very strong character throughout DOA. With only a few being able to show her strength. The last player who was deemed the best with Ayane, was Xdest. Now, I will be the next (already am but I make this far more believable when I win a major with this character).

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Yes this is going to sound biased.

Leon.

The biggest and most wanted returning character (and greatest comeback in DOA thanks mostly if not entirely to @EMPEROR_COW until we get Tengu or Raidou back). He has a more modern look that retains his old grit and his attitude has never been better.

He has a one hit CB, some of the most (if not the most) devastating throws in the game, a revamped moveset that takes advantage of how strongly the game revolves around the environment and how much he takes advantage of said environments, and the ability to skyrocket out of control more than a lot of the roster is capable of doing without an opponent making a mistake beyond not guarding and avoiding throws. Also, he has the ability to do a kill combo (or up to 281 damage without a PB. Lower health and Leon will make you cry).

I could go on about how much Leon should get this (Strongest Man just keeps getting stronger) but that is not necessary.

Last edited:

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I say Rachel. I mean did you see the backlash this character got in just a few days the game first came out? This character alone brought out a lot of ignorance in this community more than anything before it. Which is hard to say with a lot of ignorance the community let out. She was considered "top" or "broken" or any other dumbshit you want to let come out of your mouth just because she was a scrub/noob killer. Funny thing is she is still a scrub/noob killer and they still complain about Rachel.

I mean after TFC I think Rachel was hated on so bad that it even took the heat off of Alpha. Now a character that can do that deserves character of the year. Now the first patch Rachel was nerfed the most and overly nerfed because apparently TN has problems listening to actual players who tell them how to go appropriately about nerfing their characters.

Funny enough she still made her presence known at NEC by stealing her way into top 8. Granted that tournament still showed how far our players still has to go(no disrespect). So because of this my vote goes to Rachel as character of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD